Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I did not get any. Statistics suggest most people lose money or break even when they buy warranty package. A lot of warranties are specifically written to not cover damage that occur often. Unless you are getting a really good quote, I would suggest to just stay away.
Looks like I'll be asking for a refund. $895 coverage for 5 years.
Sponsored

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Spoke too soon......what are the chances that on the same day I post a venting comment about not being able to find a boost blue, I locate a 2021 boost blue in transit in my state, call them up, agree for MSRP, get a fair offer for my trade, and go over to sign the deal in person??

Interesting day after 2 months of frustrating back and forths with other dealers. Dealer today was great to work with too. Super excited for it to get here! Best of luck to everyone else on the boost blue search.

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag
Spoke too soon......what are the chances that on the same day I post a venting comment about not being able to find a boost blue, I locate a 2021 boost blue in transit in my state, call them up, agree for MSRP, get a fair offer for my trade, and go over to sign the deal in person??

Interesting day after 2 months of frustrating back and forths with other dealers. Dealer today was great to work with too. Super excited for it to get here! Best of luck to everyone else on the boost blue search.

Did they say ETA?

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@thegreakfreak where u from? Just curious
I'm in MA. But I've called maybe 20 honda dealers around here and the big ones in surrounding states for this specific color at msrp with no luck. Seems out of state ppl bought up a bunch of them here in MA.

The allocation I snagged is supposedly for quarter 4 so they must have recently got it.

Did they say ETA?
October! So should be a few weeks. Can't wait, now just need to order the few things it needs and await the day.

I think the best shot to get one will be this winter. Salesperson told me 2 sat unsold for longer than usual last winter. Just this color may complicate things a bit.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm in MA. But I've called maybe 20 honda dealers around here and the big ones in surrounding states for this specific color at msrp with no luck. Seems out of state ppl bought up a bunch of them here in MA.

The allocation I snagged is supposedly for quarter 4 so they must have recently got it.

October! So should be a few weeks. Can't wait, now just need to order the few things it needs and await the day.

I think the best shot to get one will be this winter. Salesperson told me 2 sat unsold for longer than usual last winter. Just this color may complicate things a bit.
Congrats! I remember contacting a dealership there in MA and they had them at MSRP back in May I believe. I'm not sure if I contacted more than one out there but one of them refused to sell to out of state buyers. The decision had something to do with COVID at the time.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats! I remember contacting a dealership there in MA and they had them at MSRP back in May I believe. I'm not sure if I contacted more than one out there but one of them refused to sell to out of state buyers. The decision had something to do with COVID at the time.
Thanks!

Ya I didn't have as much trouble finding dealers that would sell at msrp around here, it was more availability. Several were all for it but just had no access to colors outside of black. Seems some reds have trickled in that can be had at msrp now too.

Boost blue seemed to be a convo killer, several just told me no chance and wished me luck. I know it's not a new thing around here but was pretty disgusted with anyone talking about markups over $3K. Even $3K is criminal but how do you tell me $15K over with a straight face and expect me to respect your business?? Fuck those dealers forever.....and I will remember every single one.

At least one told me if they ever got a boost blue in he'd charge the $1.5K over to save some kind of face with never selling without markup (?) but tagged it on my trade offer to balance things out.....I can somewhat respect that? But the whole process is juvenile.

Glad I both got what I needed out of my trade and the exact CTR I want at msrp.....feeling good right now, let's see when delivery day comes.

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag
Thanks!

Ya I didn't have as much trouble finding dealers that would sell at msrp around here, it was more availability. Several were all for it but just had no access to colors outside of black. Seems some reds have trickled in that can be had at msrp now too.

Boost blue seemed to be a convo killer, several just told me no chance and wished me luck. I know it's not a new thing around here but was pretty disgusted with anyone talking about markups over $3K. Even $3K is criminal but how do you tell me $15K over with a straight face and expect me to respect your business?? Fuck those dealers forever.....and I will remember every single one.

At least one told me if they ever got a boost blue in he'd charge the $1.5K over to save some kind of face with never selling without markup (?) but tagged it on my trade offer to balance things out.....I can somewhat respect that? But the whole process is juvenile.

Glad I both got what I needed out of my trade and the exact CTR I want at msrp.....feeling good right now, let's see when delivery day comes.

I'm excited for you my guy

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also on the hunt for a boost blue CTR.....its frustrating to say the least. Some dealers have been stringing me along only to end up wasting my time. Follow up calls are answered with a laugh and good luck finding one.

I did get a laugh today when someone at Ocean Honda (Weymouth, MA) said we can take your deposit but it's $15K over msrp regardless of color ? I just hung up.

I've driven a CTR, its a great car, but this process is silly. Back to square one.......
Bummer.

Sherwin-Williams makes a Roost Blue, very close. For the frustration, time and ADM you could wind up paying, does there come a time to rethink this?
If you bought any other color, a complete pro strip and repaint in Boost blue could cost $4k-$6k. It’d be done in couple weeks. Instead spend 6 months NOT finding one and eventually pay more than that.

Wait even longer and may as well wait for next model year when hypothetically Opulent Orange could be the new hot color.

Just something to think about or alternately, get a white or black one wrapped in some even snazzier chameleon blue/green?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks sir for replying back. As a matter of fact, I believe the rules have indeed changed. Earlier this morning I completed the cycle of getting the 3 documents processed and finally sent to my DMV processor who is also part of the Credit Union. The 3 documents included Smog Certification, VIN Verification & MSO (which was held by the out-of-state dealership). The entire process took much longer than I anticipated because of the back and fourth with the dealership regarding the MSO, but I was able to get the process done. I think part of the delay was because of the dealership working with an out-of-state buyer as myself that really put them out of their usual routine process.

If there are any Northern CA future owners here, there is a lady that can do the VIN Verification for you in San Jose without the need for the MSO. You can find her info here on yelp:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-registrar-san-jose-4
Ask for Shar

If you need an affordable smog check, visit my buddy and check-in with the Yelp App for a discounted check. Only $38 with coupon.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sunnyvale-discount-smog-star-certified-check-station-sunnyvale
Ask for Francis
My guy at my credit union tried to get my plates and sticker today and the dumbasses at DMV required to see more documentation. It's stupid because what they're looking for goes beyond the basic requirements needed for registering a vehicle bought from out of state. I think he was being helped by a by-the-book rookie. SMH

Anyhow, he was able to get me a temporary registration while we sort all this horseshit out. I think they wanted to see odometer disclosure and other stupid stuff. Apparently once that unnecessary crap is satisfied, he can get my sticker and plates right there on the spot. I'll have to wait 1 more week as he only visits the DMV on a weekly basis.

JustAddBeer

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP CTR
Country flag
I get the desire for a boost blue but BB at MSRP is a great white Buffalo. I agree with others, if you want a specific hard to get color on a relatively difficult car to get, prepare to pay. If you want MSRP you should develop a top 3 color list and prioritize accordingly. I got my #3 color and I’m glad to be done with the process.

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
Country flag
Has anyone successfully bought at MSRP around this time last year? Wondering if the end of Q3 will bring me any leverage.

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Has anyone successfully bought at MSRP around this time last year? Wondering if the end of Q3 will bring me any leverage.
Quite a few bought at MSRP but mostly out of state. I couldn't find one that wasn't marked up in MD unfortunately. 2K down the drain.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Yes. I paid $50 above invoice in Nov last year. Others found similar deals. But this year is different. 2020’s didn’t arrive at dealerships until Q1 (IIRC) and the plant shutdown certainly impacted supply which has helped keep selling prices up. So, MSRP continues to be a solid deal for a 2020mor 2021. And MSRP often means going out of the area or state to purchas.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Bummer.

Sherwin-Williams makes a Roost Blue, very close. For the frustration, time and ADM you could wind up paying, does there come a time to rethink this?
If you bought any other color, a complete pro strip and repaint in Boost blue could cost $4k-$6k. It’d be done in couple weeks. Instead spend 6 months NOT finding one and eventually pay more than that.

Wait even longer and may as well wait for next model year when hypothetically Opulent Orange could be the new hot color.

Just something to think about or alternately, get a white or black one wrapped in some even snazzier chameleon blue/green?
LOL guess Home Depot will be disappointed I won't be paying them a visit now. Tbh could care less how rare the color is or production numbers or any of that, its just the color I really wanted. If I got an STI or Golf R, I'd want that same type of blue regardless of what's trendy in their brand at the time.

I get the desire for a boost blue but BB at MSRP is a great white Buffalo. I agree with others, if you want a specific hard to get color on a relatively difficult car to get, prepare to pay. If you want MSRP you should develop a top 3 color list and prioritize accordingly. I got my #3 color and I’m glad to be done with the process.
I respect your decision but don't really agree. I missed out on 2 in-state boost blues that went for msrp to out of state buyers within the past 2 months. Considering its one of the harder colors to get now, I feel like patience and not being afraid to pass on some silly ADM will eventually get you any color at msrp (aside from maybe a limited). Maybe not in state but msrp nonetheless.

Waiting an extra month or two (or even more) to get the exact car/color I want at a fair price for a car I plan to keep for a long time was a no brainer to me. Won't lie, it was frustrating.....but the payoff will be worth it upon delivery for me. Another color would just be a reminder that I settled on a near $40K purchase because I couldn't wait any longer.

Didn't allow myself to get excited or impatient during the process, especially with the unknown on what a dealer selling at msrp would even offer for my trade to make a deal happen.....but now that the deal is done, won't lie, I'm more excited for this than any other car I've gotten! Like a damn kid waiting for Christmas......
Sponsored