Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Our Type Rs are beautiful no matter what color you choose. I think you have to be open minded about being happy with choice 2 if choice 1 is limiting and causing you unnecessary stress in looking for one. The longer you put it off, the less chances you'll get into one any sooner. My original choice I wanted to go with was red but I moved too late on one that was later purchased by a fellow member here. I was glad that he was able to get it and so l moved on with my 2nd choice (SGP). I immediately jumped on one when I saw it at MSRP and like my father in law always says, "Strike while the iron is still hot!"
My choices were sgp, bb and pmm in no real particular order.
Sponsored

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
I understand not settling and all, but if your really want a Type R for the life of me I don't understand why you are stuck on one color. I remember when i only wanted a certain color of Type R but after driving my Type R for as long as i've had it now. Color really doesn't mean a damn to me anymore. The car is a blast to drive no matter what color it is.

I believe if you would keep your options open you would be driving a CTR by now.

I would even buy a BLACK CTR because people here are making Black look good. I'm not Racist
dont even waste your typing replying to that guy lol

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I understand not settling and all, but if your really want a Type R for the life of me I don't understand why you are stuck on one color. I remember when i only wanted a certain color of Type R but after driving my Type R for as long as i've had it now. Color really doesn't mean a damn to me anymore. The car is a blast to drive no matter what color it is.

I believe if you would keep your options open you would be driving a CTR by now.

I would even buy a BLACK CTR because people here are making Black look good. I'm not Racist
Well if a person is spending this much money on a car, he/she should be happy with the color they choose and not settle for what's available. Yes the Type R is a blast to drive but would you buy a pink one if that was the only one available? I don't think so. Take your time and you'll get the one you want.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Well if a person is spending this much money on a car, he/she should be happy with the color they choose and not settle for what's available. Yes the Type R is a blast to drive but would you buy a pink one if that was the only one available? I don't think so. Take your time and you'll get the one you want.
Lets be realistic :rolleyes:

1.) They would never release a pink car for the Type R and you act like every color available right now for the CTR is so terrible. You cant really go wrong in any color you land on for this car....
2.) This dude has been killing himself trying to find a Boost Blue Type R where they don't make a ton of those and usually the one's that have them they are gone quickly.
3)The CTR is not like any other production car on the market They are not in abundance, Production ENDS in 2021 for 10th gen TYPE R's so you do not have the luxury to sit on your hands and wait for an exclusive color to come out. As you can see the few alotted BB CTRs are spoken for.

I am not trying to be negative or tell him he shouldn't get what he wants. This dude has been agonizing and venting for id say more than a few months now.

We all on this forum have been trying to help him. I have sent him numerous cars to look at Boost Blue they were all taken unfortunately.
Either he isn't trying to get a Boost Blue hard enough ...or his attitude is causing dealers not to respond to him.

Either way I'm driving and enjoying my shit....he is still looking. I wish him the best and I look forward to when he posts HE FINALLY got his BOOST BLUE. At what cost who knows

This is a forum and we only try to help people...Dude is killing himself clearly to the point where he is like Do not tell me how im feeling? LOL its sad and funny at the same time

Last edited:

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
I would have more than one color preference than dead set on one color only. Otherwise you may not get the best deal.
I had a chance to buy a 2020 in CBP at close to MSRP but ended up paying 2K over sticker for a CW. I have not seen a boost blue anywhere near me at the time. Do I feel bad paying the ADM? You bet. I still like my CTR though.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I think if you are going to fight for what's right, then do everything you can but also be open minded and have a backup plan. The boost Blue is so unique in every way and the hottest color to get right now but you also place yourself in a bidding pool where you're competing with everyone else fixated on the color and forgetting about the vehicle itself. This car is so awesome that the interior colors actually grab my attention more than what I see outside. Sure, people see me and my car but I drive away and it's already out of sight out of mind for them at that point- I'm the one driving away and enjoying the drive. I would be happy to get every color available (except for black- hard to keep clean. and white- too plain).

Summer is almost over and the best times during this year are almost gone (depends on where you live of course). Try to grab one and enjoy the ride!

xSOLOIST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV/PILOT
Country flag
Its way faster,better manual box,hid head lights,better looking imho,better interior, better rims,as fast as a stage 2 wrx stock,way rarer. I liked the wrx but it was just another car with great value for the money.The type r is even better then the sti as well.
just wondering with type r prices rocketing the wrx gets better and better for a measly 25k.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've had my car for about 13 days now and driven it 6 times already. All this time I still haven't enabled the lights or sound that comes on when it's time to shift gears. Does that option come disabled by default from the factory? All this time I've been driving old-school by listening to the engine when it's time to shift and of course reading the Tach!

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
I've had my car for about 13 days now and driven it 6 times already. All this time I still haven't enabled the lights or sound that comes on when it's time to shift gears. Does that option come disabled by default from the factory? All this time I've been driving old-school by listening to the engine when it's time to shift and of course reading the Tach!
mine was on from factory but i turned them off

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
It should be on by default. The red LED indicator and sound pop when you are near redline. I believe the shift light indicator on the tachometer lights up green at 4,500RPM. On normal short shifts below that RPM, no sound or indicator flashes.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is that a feature they added to the 2020 CTRs? I never heard that on mine when I owned it either. The 'time to shift' sound was me bouncing off the rev limiter

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Also on the hunt for a boost blue CTR.....its frustrating to say the least. Some dealers have been stringing me along only to end up wasting my time. Follow up calls are answered with a laugh and good luck finding one.

I did get a laugh today when someone at Ocean Honda (Weymouth, MA) said we can take your deposit but it's $15K over msrp regardless of color ? I just hung up.

I've driven a CTR, its a great car, but this process is silly. Back to square one.......

Last edited:

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did anyone opt for a tire and wheel warranty package? I went through Safe ride. Just read through their plan that curb rash is not covered, only pot hole damages. I'm going to get my money back. Coverage would be pointless if I switch over to aftermarket wheels.

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Did anyone opt for a tire and wheel warranty package? I went through Safe ride. Just read through their plan that curb rash is not covered, only pot hole damages. I'm going to get my money back. Coverage would be pointless if I switch over to aftermarket wheels.
I did not get any. Statistics suggest most people lose money or break even when they buy warranty package. A lot of warranties are specifically written to not cover damage that occur often. Unless you are getting a really good quote, I would suggest to just stay away.
Sponsored