Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hit the corner just less than 2 min from home. Was on the way back from Tint job. I took the right at the light too early and nicked the street corner.
If that’s the case could more rubber and smaller diameter wheel avoided the damage?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
If that’s the case could more rubber and smaller diameter wheel avoided the damage?
I believe so because it would have hit rubber and maybe rolled over but then again if it hit sidewall then tire puncture or graze may have occured.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I hit the corner just less than 2 min from home. Was on the way back from Tint job. I took the right at the light too early and nicked the street corner.
Normally I would just let it be but a new car...I would find a good wheel repair shop and have it fixed. Or, find 1 or 2 oem wheels and put that one aside.

Car looks great BTW.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
id never think when i started looking for one (slight delay in shopping from wildfires aside), that it would be this hard to find one at list :hmm:

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Normally I would just let it be but a new car...I would find a good wheel repair shop and have it fixed. Or, find 1 or 2 oem wheels and put that one aside.

Car looks great BTW.
Thanks, I didn't expect to get a battle scar this early in its life, but I knew that eventually something would happen along the way. I'll make use of the tire/wheel warranty and have that wheel repaired in case I may need to resell this vehicle in the future, I"ll have the OEM wheels to put back on the car. I'm seriously looking at the 18s because of that thicker sidewall and overall tire can take more of a beating rather than these really thin rubber bands. 18s are the way to go in situations like this. I'm just luckily the graze didn't get too deep into the sidewall- it basically peeled off the thicker part of the tire lining that sticks out a little bit that's more for cosmetic than function.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Big batch of 2021 CTR landed on the CTR by zip code Honda site. Must have been update no more than 24 hours before I came across it. I found 8 Boost blue. I called all of the locations. Dont ask me how I feel right now.
3 - Already sold
2 - 5k+ MSRP
3 - Never called me back. I assume meaning its already sold and not worth telling me.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
Big batch of 2021 CTR landed on the CTR by zip code Honda site. Must have been update no more than 24 hours before I came across it. I found 8 Boost blue. I called all of the locations. Dont ask me how I feel right now.
3 - Already sold
2 - 5k+ MSRP
3 - Never called me back. I assume meaning its already sold and not worth telling me.
Interesting, but sorry to hear about your frustration.

Did you happen to notice any LE models shown? I’ve not seen or heard anything regarding them since earlier this month. Thanks.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Thanks, I didn't expect to get a battle scar this early in its life, but I knew that eventually something would happen along the way. I'll make use of the tire/wheel warranty and have that wheel repaired in case I may need to resell this vehicle in the future, I"ll have the OEM wheels to put back on the car. I'm seriously looking at the 18s because of that thicker sidewall and overall tire can take more of a beating rather than these really thin rubber bands. 18s are the way to go in situations like this. I'm just luckily the graze didn't get too deep into the sidewall- it basically peeled off the thicker part of the tire lining that sticks out a little bit that's more for cosmetic than function.
Keep us updated on how the tire/wheel warranty process goes. Thnx

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what it's worth I got a few battle scars within my first three-four weeks of owning it (curbed the wheels, and bonked the lip against a curb), but I let them be, as I felt like I would just do it again if I got them fixed.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
3 - Already sold
2 - 5k+ MSRP
I understand not settling and all, but if your really want a Type R for the life of me I don't understand why you are stuck on one color. I remember when i only wanted a certain color of Type R but after driving my Type R for as long as i've had it now. Color really doesn't mean a damn to me anymore. The car is a blast to drive no matter what color it is.

I believe if you would keep your options open you would be driving a CTR by now.

I would even buy a BLACK CTR because people here are making Black look good. I'm not Racist

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I understand not settling and all, but if your really want a Type R for the life of me I don't understand why you are stuck on one color. I remember when i only wanted a certain color of Type R but after driving my Type R for as long as i've had it now. Color really doesn't mean a damn to me anymore. The car is a blast to drive no matter what color it is.

I believe if you would keep your options open you would be driving a CTR by now.

I would even buy a BLACK CTR because people here are making Black look good. I'm not Racist
Pretty much, being deadset on a color means you're going to just make it impossibly difficult on yourself.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I only wanted Rallye Red when I bought my CTR and I held out until I found it at MSRP. Took about 4 months in total, but for folks hunting for Boost Blue, unfortunately because it's unique to 2020 and 2021, and because there's way less inventory of available new CTRs now than ever before, it'll require more leg work to obtain at MSRP. I don't blame anyone for being stuck on a single color, I was and I'm very happy I stuck to my guns for red.

My brother on the other hand, who also got a 2019 CTR, didn't mind ABP, CBP or RR. He ended up landing on red as well for MSRP

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Image 5-26-19 at 11.11 AM.JPG

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only wanted Rallye Red when I bought my CTR and I held out until I found it at MSRP. Took about 4 months in total, but for folks hunting for Boost Blue, unfortunately because it's unique to 2020 and 2021, and because there's way less inventory of available new CTRs now than ever before, it'll require more leg work to obtain at MSRP. I don't blame anyone for being stuck on a single color, I was and I'm very happy I stuck to my guns for red.

My brother on the other hand, who also got a 2019 CTR, didn't mind ABP, CBP or RR. He ended up landing on red as well for MSRP

Image 5-26-19 at 11.11 AM.JPG
Our Type Rs are beautiful no matter what color you choose. I think you have to be open minded about being happy with choice 2 if choice 1 is limiting and causing you unnecessary stress in looking for one. The longer you put it off, the less chances you'll get into one any sooner. My original choice I wanted to go with was red but I moved too late on one that was later purchased by a fellow member here. I was glad that he was able to get it and so l moved on with my 2nd choice (SGP). I immediately jumped on one when I saw it at MSRP and like my father in law always says, "Strike while the iron is still hot!"

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Our Type Rs are beautiful no matter what color you choose. I think you have to be open minded about being happy with choice 2 if choice 1 is limiting and causing you unnecessary stress in looking for one. The longer you put it off, the less chances you'll get into one any sooner. My original choice I wanted to go with was red but I moved too late on one that was later purchased by a fellow member here. I was glad that he was able to get it and so l moved on with my 2nd choice (SGP). I immediately jumped on one when I saw it at MSRP and like my father in law always says, "Strike while the iron is still hot!"
This, Also SGP is an amazing color you moved up on that one LOL
Sponsored