Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You’ll get best performance w/premium but will run fine on reg too. This is a performance street racer that driven sensibly can return good fuel economy. See this thread?

What gas thread

I always use 93 (in FL)

Advertisement

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sunoco good go-go, here cheap is Racetrack, most Tom Thumb convenience stores have Citgo, Murphy/Wal-Mart usually good price (W even has Ethanol free here).

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to run this car with 87, I would not buy it. I know it says 91 recommended, but I thought that by running 87,
you will be losing power and I don’t know how longevity is effected by using the cheaper stuff.

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
2.5k over on a 19 wasn't a good deal
of course it was not but in OC where I live, good luck. that was the best I can do. not ashamed too much by it just a minor set back. it was either this or pay for an overpriced 100K miles NA1 NSX. think I made a better choice (despite values going up on first gen NSXs but I don't I don't care about selling). markup should not be paid but with cars like this what can you do especially in shitty CA. I am too lazy and didn't want to deal with shipping.

Dave Day

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
But if I put regular, is there any clear issues? Trying to save a dollar, which is why I'm capable of getting the CTR LOL.
Pretty sure you’re losing power with anything less than 91. The reason we don’t get 316 HP like other markets is because our baseline for premium is 91.

timtzotz

First Name
timtzotz
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Type R (SGP); 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Country flag
Back to the topic at a hand...

Honda dealership in Stuart, FL has a 2020 with about 2000 miles in SGP. Pictures look like good condition, asking $39.9 CPO. They dropped to 38.4 but that's still too much for what it is IMHO.

I am patient.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag

Honda dealership in Stuart, FL has a 2020 with about 2000 miles in SGP. Pictures look like good condition, asking $39.9 CPO. They dropped to 38.4 but that's still too much for what it is IMHO.

I am patient.
That definitely needs to be less than msrp because it is USED.

Neciovato

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
But if I put regular, is there any clear issues? Trying to save a dollar, which is why I'm capable of getting the CTR LOL.
Granted I don’t know how much you drive - but if you take the difference between a full tank of premium and a full tank of regular - it’s probably less than what a 1 coffee would cost at Starbucks for the week. And I always find that premium seems to have a little better gas mileage (might be a placebo effect) but that is what I think.

Neciovato

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag

I am patient.
It seems like all the prices for used cars are going up - both on trade in and when purchasing. Not sure if you are trading in a vehicle - but maybe look at Carvana - you can literally submit a request and get a quote online without ever having to drive your vehicle to get an idea if the ‘difference’ would make it worth getting it. Seems like every CTR I see online is ‘over priced’ but I believe that it’s the whole 2020 possible shortage as well as being a car in high demand *shrugs* ...IDK.

EvolutionFK8

First Name
JT
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is this a common thing for them to leave in? My Civic is on the way and is pretty much wrapped up like the picture. I am assuming this is something I can remove once I get the car.
If the car doesn't go through the typical dealer prep, then I'd imagine it is. His looks like it rolled right off the truck and was loaded onto the transport to him. Another user posted a photo earlier in this thread. They all have it from the factory to lift the front up and prevent damage to the lip during shipping.

Philip Wing

First Name
Philip
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon (needs new transmission)
Country flag
Another addition to the naughty list. If I'm paying $5000 over MSRP, I'll get it locally:

Good afternoon Philip,

my name is Mirna Cartagena and I'm an Internet Sales Representative here at Findlay Honda in the Northwest. I will be assisting with your interest in the 2021 Civic Type R .
The MSRP is $37,950 and our Addendum is $5,000. If you are shopping for a Civic Type R, then you should be familiar with this mark-up. It's common for most dealers since the vehicle is in such high demand and very low supply.

The Type R is shipped from England and takes weeks to be delivered. Other dealerships have been known to mark their Type R's up to $15,000.

There are no accessories quoted at this time and the price of this vehicle is non negotiable.

Also, There's an incoming 2021 Civic Type R in transit but as of today there's no ETA. Last time I checked it was dated By Novemeber / December 2020. I'll be in touch with any updates on our incoming unit!

Thanks so much,

At least she's pleasant about it.

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 CTR / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
Another addition to the naughty list. If I'm paying $5000 over MSRP, I'll get it locally:

Good afternoon Philip,

my name is Mirna Cartagena and I'm an Internet Sales Representative here at Findlay Honda in the Northwest. I will be assisting with your interest in the 2021 Civic Type R .
The MSRP is $37,950 and our Addendum is $5,000. If you are shopping for a Civic Type R, then you should be familiar with this mark-up. It's common for most dealers since the vehicle is in such high demand and very low supply.

The Type R is shipped from England and takes weeks to be delivered. Other dealerships have been known to mark their Type R's up to $15,000.

There are no accessories quoted at this time and the price of this vehicle is non negotiable.

Also, There's an incoming 2021 Civic Type R in transit but as of today there's no ETA. Last time I checked it was dated By Novemeber / December 2020. I'll be in touch with any updates on our incoming unit!

Thanks so much,

At least she's pleasant about it.
Lol! She's a classy one

MrTuckers

Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV, Odyssey, Accord 9th Gen
Country flag
Going on day 3 with the Type R. I was able to get it to pass smog with the help and advice from one of our fellow members here @seijitsu

OBD2 drive cycle is something that you need to do before heading in for a smog test otherwise it will fail emissions.

On a side note, my good buddy who been smog testing all my vehicles for years said that out of all the vehicles that he’s smog tested in his shop, mine had the least amount of miles- 69 miles. I said to him that should be an easy number to remember.

(Then I turned to him and said don’t ask me why 👌🤣)

izzyC-EX

Reaction score
Car(s)
BBP Type-R, 2016 Estoril Blue X1 M Pack, GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going on day 3 with the Type R. I was able to get it to pass smog with the help and advice from one of our fellow members here @seijitsu

OBD2 drive cycle is something that you need to do before heading in for a smog test otherwise it will fail emissions.

On a side note, my good buddy who been smog testing all my vehicles for years said that out of all the vehicles that he’s smog tested in his shop, mine had the least amount of miles- 69 miles. I said to him that should be an easy number to remember.

(Then I turned to him and said don’t ask me why 👌🤣)
Have you posted photos already?

Advertisement

Advertisement