Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Bait N' Switch- Avoid this place!!!

Through email from their Internet They're asking for 6K over MSRP although cars.com and even THEIR website says the price is 2.5K below MSRP. I clearly told them that this information clearly contradicts what is currently being advertised on the website and also on cars.com.

He basically blew me off and said thank you for considering them. :rolleyes:

1597179951381.png

1597180577204.png

1597179920006.png
What color is it?

JustAddBeer

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP CTR
Country flag
Welp, I let a SGP at MSRP that was about 800 miles from my location slip through my fingers... I'm just not crazy about the Grey but feel like I let an opportunity get away from me.

I'm working another SGP with a mark up. I pitched throwing in rubber floor mats in and he just chuckled and said he didn't think he needed to. Good times! ?

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Bait N' Switch- Avoid this place!!!

Through email from their Internet They're asking for 6K over MSRP although cars.com and even THEIR website says the price is 2.5K below MSRP. I clearly told them that this information clearly contradicts what is currently being advertised on the website and also on cars.com.

He basically blew me off and said thank you for considering them. :rolleyes:

1597179951381.png

1597180577204.png

1597179920006.png
I have no problem with dealers asking as much as they want as long as they're up front about it, but I do take issue with things like this. If you call them out, they'll usually say "oh, our website automatically takes a discount off of MSRP and advertises that price, but it doesn't apply this this particular vehicle." And, they're probably right. Or, they'll say "sorry - that was a mistake" and when call them out on it they'll point you to the fine print at the bottom of the website that says "not responsible for pricing errors - pricing does not include so-and-so".

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
I have no problem with dealers asking as much as they want as long as they're up front about it, but I do take issue with things like this. If you call them out, they'll usually say "oh, our website automatically takes a discount off of MSRP and advertises that price, but it doesn't apply this this particular vehicle." And, they're probably right. Or, they'll say "sorry - that was a mistake" and when call them out on it they'll point you to the fine print at the bottom of the website that says "not responsible for pricing errors - pricing does not include so-and-so".
It's a disclaimer to cover their butts and/or someone not doing their homework and updating the info they pass on. That's kinda stupid though because this so-called listed "Sale Price" is shown on 2 separate websites. I can give them a pass for maybe not updating the Cars.com info, but even on their own website? That's just clearly bait and switch. And also they had all that time to change the info way beforehand if they were waiting for the vehicle to ship over to their dealership.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welp, I let a SGP at MSRP that was about 800 miles from my location slip through my fingers... I'm just not crazy about the Grey but feel like I let an opportunity get away from me.

I'm working another SGP with a mark up. I pitched throwing in rubber floor mats in and he just chuckled and said he didn't think he needed to. Good times! ?
Was this the place that required a $1K non-refundable deposit to secure the car, which is still en-route to the dealership? I would be glad to put down a deposit at MSRP, but if it's being sold with some markup and also non-refundable, you're pretty much stuck with the deal and if another vehicle comes around at MSRP, you missed-out on the deal.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm beginning to wonder if every Honda dealership in the country that has a Type R is only utilizing cars.com or autotrader.com for advertising their vehicles. Are there other better reliable resources out there to check from besides these 2 websites?

Dave Day

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I'm beginning to wonder if every Honda dealership in the country that has a Type R is only utilizing cars.com or autotrader.com for advertising their vehicles. Are there other better reliable resources out there to check from besides these 2 websites?
CarGurus.com and the locator on Honda’s website?

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Guys you can try and go beyond the sales person. Find the email of the sales manager. Its usually advertised in there own website. Explain to him or her that you printed out an advertised price and u expect them to honor it. It would mean a lot to you to own a type-r and you can give them good props around the web through forums and social media and will recommend so u guys can get repeat business. That is what I did to get my bbp here in socal for msrp. Good luck!

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Guys you can try and go beyond the sales person. Find the email of the sales manager. Its usually advertised in there own website. Explain to him or her that you printed out an advertised price and u expect them to honor it. It would mean a lot to you to own a type-r and you can give them good props around the web through forums and social media and will recommend so u guys can get repeat business. That is what I did to get my bbp here in socal for msrp. Good luck!
Call it jealousy, but you my friend are the rare exception. BB at MSRP is a double impossible for CA.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Call it jealousy, but you my friend are the rare exception. BB at MSRP is a double impossible for CA.
I saw Izzy's YouTube video (only Izzy I know that just recently fought and bought a BB) and you actually had a great story, justification and fought for yours. The advantange you had though was you were able to get it locally and walk in person and fight for it. The deals that were looking for are mostly out of state so I guess it puts us at a disadvantage in that regards other than trying to fight for it over the phone. I could try and go back and fight for it but like one of the other members states, they'll resort back to the small-print disclaimer that says "not responsible for misprints in pricing".

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw Izzy's YouTube video (only Izzy I know that just recently fought and bought a BB) and you actually had a great story, justification and fought for yours. The advantange you had though was you were able to get it locally and walk in person and fight for it. The deals that were looking for are mostly out of state so I guess it puts us at a disadvantage in that regards other than trying to fight for it over the phone. I could try and go back and fight for it but like one of the other members states, they'll resort back to the small-print disclaimer that says "not responsible for misprints in pricing".
Besides going out of state. Has anyone tried a car broker?

Kid you not I've had 25+ cars in the past 25 yrs of my working life. No, I don't want to get into how much money I have wasted, it's all a matter of having a budget set aside for your car expenses and still have plenty to save for my motorize wheelchair days. With that said, I have no regrets experiencing all kinds of cars from Toyotas to Porsches. And from these experiences I've learned that you can have some control when buying your car at the dealership. On my latest purchased, I convinced the dealer to deliver me the car with a guarantee that all works properly as it should, take my trade sight unseen at the highest value and take a personal check for payment. All verbal and online. Took me an hour to sign all papers in my garage. Everyone happy!

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Edmunds, KellyBlueBook, TrueCar

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In FL Gary Smith Honda at MSRP + $10k.

Very nice people, good service.

I flew one way and bought my Type R next day in ATL at Gwinnett Place Honda at MSRP (slightly below if you include add ons not charged like tint, edge guards, cargo tray, paint & fab prot). Easy, integrity upheld.

I went back to home GSH dealer and bought W&T damage policy Next day.

Pwesto! (harelip magician?), saved $9,700.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Car brokers won't get a better offer than what we are getting. We spent hours doing this. We are committed and it will pay off in the end. We know the type R market better than than them.
I'm currently in talks about getting a SGP at MSRP that will arrive soon and I gave my CC info to reserve it. They haven't actually charged me though. I'm still waiting for their all too common dirty trick that hasn't appeared yet.
Sponsored