Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Im telling you man......the DMV suck period, why are those employees such assholes? it doesnt matter what state you are in, they are hard to deal with and not friendly.
Sponsored

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Im telling you man......the DMV suck period, why are those employees such assholes? it doesnt matter what state you are in, they are hard to deal with and not friendly.
DMV, tax offices, post offices, city halls... Pretty much any job where people know they're essential and firings are nearly impossible due to unions and lawsuits. They're not required to smile and they deal with the same excuses and problems all day, every day. The best you can do is smile yourself and let them be crabby if they choose.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
DMV, tax offices, post offices, city halls... Pretty much any job where people know they're essential and firings are nearly impossible due to unions and lawsuits. They're not required to smile and they deal with the same excuses and problems all day, every day. The best you can do is smile yourself and let them be crabby if they choose.
Think of Patti and Selma from the Simpson’s.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya it’s like they hate their job or something.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
The BB from El Cajon (San Diego) that I was locked in negotiations with the dealer demanding 45k was finally sold and shipped to someone in San Francisco. I guess he paid their 45k. This is why we never get them at msrp.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
The BB from El Cajon (San Diego) that I was locked in negotiations with the dealer demanding 45k was finally sold and shipped to someone in San Francisco. I guess he paid their 45k. This is why we never get them at msrp.
yeah exactly.....

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Damn, Penske quoted me $59,261.50 yesterday, on that same CW. Amazing.
Holy freaking crap. That’s absurd. I have learned from this process that among the racing team owned dealerships, you are better off with Hendrick than Penske. I was very pleased with my deal from Hendrick Honda. It wasn’t below MSRP but they treated the car correctly and there was zero BS. All of that is worth something to me.

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, BB; 2008 Civic Si Sedan, Fuji Blue
Country flag
I was talking to the internet manager at Honda Santa Cruz via texabout finding me a 2020 SGP at MSRP. Internet manager confirmed (see picture). I drive an hour to the dealer to seal the deal. I see they are charging me 54k for the car plus shipping charge from Florida. I show them the proof of being told msrp. The manager apologizes and blames a mix up in texts. I tell him that as manager he must sell me the car at msrp and he must pay the shipping and any extra costs to own up to his staff's mistake since I came under the guise of paying msrp. He refuses to take any financial responsibility and I wasted my time.

Screenshot_2020-07-18-13-53-38.png
54K!!! Sorry to here you had your time completely wasted.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I was talking to the internet manager at Honda Santa Cruz, Shauna Scott, via text about finding me a 2020 SGP at MSRP. Internet manager confirmed (see picture). I drive an hour to the dealer to seal the deal. On the contract, I see they are charging me 45k for the car plus shipping charge from Florida. I show them the proof of being told msrp. The manager, Mauricio Alejo, apologizes and blames a mix up in understanding. I tell him that as manager he must sell me the car at msrp and he must pay the shipping and any extra costs to own up to his staff's mistake since I came under the guise of paying msrp. He refuses to take any financial responsibility or admit a bait and switch, and I wasted my time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screenshot_2020-07-18-13-53-38
Sponsored