Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jasenkent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Took my 2019 in for service today and went to the showroom to see if they had a 2020. Nope. Then I searched on cars.com and there are no 2020s in the entire Dallas Fort Worth metroplex?
I'm in Fort Worth and that's what I've been saying for awhile now.. I think there's a Type R in Austin, San Antonio and just north of Houston. Otherwise, I think MS, LA and AR had one each, last time I checked.

With the Coronavirus spreading and this heat wave we're having, I'm just kind of burnt out on my search. I'll wait and if I don't get one - then I don't get one.
Sponsored

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, BB; 2008 Civic Si Sedan, Fuji Blue
Country flag
It says you have a boost blue type R. Where did you get it and for how much?
I purchased it in Ohio about 2-3 weeks ago. Just secured the shipping. 43K OTD

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
So why are hospitalizations going way up in my area . . .
depends on who is getting hospitalized dude. middle age to older folk, risk increases. especially with any underlying conditions (young included). also are all these hospitalizations based on this virus or is it mixed. be wary of the mainstream narratives by the way. fear mongering is what they do. does this crap exist. of course it does. no denying it at all. but its not as bad as you think or what these fear mongering folks say.
anyways this is an FK8 thread so lets focus on that. haha

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
I think a lot of hospitalization numbers are inflated. Too many stories of people seeing empty hospitals. The media is having a field day with the scare tactics to bring in more ratings.
you get it!
I'm in Fort Worth and that's what I've been saying for awhile now.. I think there's a Type R in Austin, San Antonio and just north of Houston. Otherwise, I think MS, LA and AR had one each, last time I checked.

With the Coronavirus spreading and this heat wave we're having, I'm just kind of burnt out on my search. I'll wait and if I don't get one - then I don't get one.
you will be alright. from what I have seen so far, the folks who wait/search tend to get a deal eventually.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
More units are being made you will be fine trust me

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I am fighting like hell with a dealer in San Diego who refuses to go lower than 45k on a BB. Someone buy that thing to save me from high blood pressure.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I am fighting like hell with a dealer in San Diego who refuses to go lower than 45k on a BB. Someone buy that thing to save me from high blood pressure.
Don't buy it! Let it sit there for a bit longer. Right now everyone is going to hold on to their monies and as soon as this Stay at Home happens again you'll be able to get it for the price you want. Patience.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Add Lou Dobbs Honda out of Jacksonville, FL to the idiots list

This was asking for a quote on their 2019 Rallye Red that's STILL sitting on their lot. ?‍♂

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screenshot_20200711-102522

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
All in for $45?

Don't buy it! Let it sit there for a bit longer. Right now everyone is going to hold on to their monies and as soon as this Stay at Home happens again you'll be able to get it for the price you want. Patience.
People here have been saying this since mid March...

MSRP for a 2020 is a solid deal and is available.

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Was it Honda in El Cajon? If so, I talked to and emailed Jeff Bakken. The last thing he said to me was (This was on June 11th)...

"The Type R has a very unique market in California, I talked to my manager and he said he would do 42.5k plus tax and DMV Fees"

When I first started looking, talking to Cali dealerships proved to be insanely frustrating. They are completely bonkers with their markups. These dealerships should be fighting our patronage.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Was it Honda in El Cajon? If so, I talked to and emailed Jeff Bakken. The last thing he said to me was (This was on June 11th)...

"The Type R has a very unique market in California, I talked to my manager and he said he would do 42.5k plus tax and DMV Fees"

When I first started looking, talking to Cali dealerships proved to be insanely frustrating. They are completely bonkers with their markups. These dealerships should be fighting our patronage.
Yes it was El Cajon. We are stuck at me at 41k and them at 45k. If you got them to 42.5k, why didnt you buy?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Yes it was El Cajon. We are stuck at me at 41k and them at 45k. If you got them to 42.5k, why didnt you buy?
Maybe 3 of us from here should contact them right now and ask for no more than MSRP, then they will call you back and take your $41K lol

kevthebean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
It’s easy and simple, supply and demand. These dealers know what they have and what they can sell it for. If they’re not willing to negotiate to your price, just look elsewhere. Our market is much different than the east coast where it’s much easier to access cheaper pricing.

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The out of state offer was 43K OTD (they wanted 42.5 plus tax and fees). When it was all said and done it was cheaper out of state.
Sponsored