Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Nice! I believe I'm at 350.
Hey! We’re twins! After the drive back from SC and some backroad shenanigans today, I’m sitting right at 350. I’ve gone to 4K a handful of times but I haven’t gone WOT yet. It’s painful. This car demands to be driven in anger. I’ve been most surprised by the relative comfort though. It actually rides a lot better than my MKVI GTI ever did.

InThatThang

First Name
Darien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Honda Civic Type R.
Country flag
Hey! We’re twins! After the drive back from SC and some backroad shenanigans today, I’m sitting right at 350. I’ve gone to 4K a handful of times but I haven’t gone WOT yet. It’s painful. This car demands to be driven in anger. I’ve been most surprised by the relative comfort though. It actually rides a lot better than my MKVI GTI ever did.
Yes! The suspension is amazing!

jmarvzz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
We all know how bad SoCal dealers are but make sure to stay away from Honda riverside and Spreen honda! Both dealerships kept calling me saying they would take care of me if I came in and wouldn't discuss the price over the phone

Honda riverside internet manager swore they would be competitive with markups but when I drove 30 minutes to get there the sales manager told me they markup to 15k and will never come down cause "it's a type r"

Spreen honda has 10k markups and offered to only go down 1k

Be sure to stay away!

Blazed

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
Honda of Downtown Los Angeles is ridiculous they advertise for invoice and then when you call to buy it they tell you It was typo and a Type R “will be around 50k”.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Honda of Downtown Los Angeles is ridiculous they advertise for invoice and then when you call to buy it they tell you It was typo and a Type R “will be around 50k”.
In an expensive city like LA I understand this in a way. I had a dealer in freaking Alabama quote me 49K. Bought one state over from me for MSRP, no accessories, no BS.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We all know how bad SoCal dealers are but make sure to stay away from Honda riverside and Spreen honda! Both dealerships kept calling me saying they would take care of me if I came in and wouldn't discuss the price over the phone

Honda riverside internet manager swore they would be competitive with markups but when I drove 30 minutes to get there the sales manager told me they markup to 15k and will never come down cause "it's a type r"

Spreen honda has 10k markups and offered to only go down 1k

Be sure to stay away!
Yes! Spoke to Spreen a month ago and they said they wanted 53K for their Type R. Told them other dealerships are selling at MSRP or MSRP+2K in accessories. They then said “if you can get that in writing, we’ll work with you because we want to earn your business”. In my mind I was like, “how are you going to earn my business if I’m going to do all the work, isn’t it the other way around if you want to Earn my business?” So yes I second that, stay away!!!! The other day they called and said the Boost Blue came in and told them I already got mine. They said, “ Oh, thanks for letting me know”. Like I’m obligated to tell your punk ass. Lol.

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
You have to talk tough on the phone with these bastards. Demand them to tell you the price over the phone. Dont accept any "we'll take care of you" bullshit.
Im just curious did you get a type R? what did you get it for

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I dont have anything yet because I told them that I am not paying above msrp.

jmarvzz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R
Country flag
You have to talk tough on the phone with these bastards. Demand them to tell you the price over the phone. Dont accept any "we'll take care of you" bullshit.
Lesson forsure learned! Only reason I went was they were one of the few dealers that had the color I wanted.

I've talked to at least 20 dealers in the area that are a bit further and hangup when they tell me 10k markup or refuse to tell me the price on the phone.

Lots of these dealers (honda riverside) have 5-6 CTRs on the lot, hoping these dealers are really hurting and not getting any sales

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Learning more and more..these cars are not worth the mark up. This is not a BMW 3 series we are driving. These are Honda Civics at the end of the day, stand firm on your pricing. $37,950 is too much for this vehicle actually

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Learning more and more..these cars are not worth the mark up. This is not a BMW 3 series we are driving. These are Honda Civics at the end of the day, stand firm on your pricing. $37,950 is too much for this vehicle actually
What region are you searching for?
Sponsored