Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
shift knob lol

IMG_9360.jpg
Every day the local radio station makes fun of Floridians... this is exactly why. $300 for nitro filled tires...

Vietguy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro; 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
2020 Civic Type R prices I have received:

Piedmont Honda wants $41,897 plus sales tax, dealer fee, and tag

Jerry Damson Honda wants $40,995 plus tax, tags etc

Ourisman Honda wants $39,995 plus $1255 fees plus tags, tax, title etc

RHD_Z_FTW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300ZX, Lexus CT200H, 92 Civic Hatch (Sold)
Country flag
Honda of Waldorf Maryland is currently at 42000 with a 5000 ADM for a 2020.

Honda of Belair MD is at 46000 with only wheel locks and nitrogen tires added. So even a bigger markup for their 2020.

Belair dealer claims there last 10 sold for well over MSRP and they have offers over sticker for this 2020 currently.

All prices are before sales tax fees an such.

Just from my week of searching seems like Maryland is pretty bad with dealers over MSRP. Lowest I found was 3K over sticker but at least it had plenty of honda optional parts added.

Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Any company selling anything at a markup during a national emergency is taking a huge risk. Car dealerships are open because they're selling essential items and service to the public, but then they price-gouge?!?! Attorneys would have a field day with this. And, a state governor might view it as a chance to make an example to the public.

RHD_Z_FTW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any company selling anything at a markup during a national emergency is taking a huge risk. Car dealerships are open because they're selling essential items and service to the public, but then they price-gouge?!?! Attorneys would have a field day with this. And, a state governor might view it as a chance to make an example to the public.

Even funnier. One of the salesmen said they were charging a premium an not a markup.

Then asked if I consider safeway charging 7 dollars for a case of water instead of the normal 3 price gouging. Told him yes I do and if they make more then 10 percent profit increase during this state of emergency it's actually illegal. (In maryland anyways.)

Guess he thought I would nod agree an spend 10k more on the civic based on a case of water.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
While I hate the mark up, it's perfectly legal. Here in FL, retail outlets were selling bottled water for $20+ a 12 pack when hurricanes were barreling through the Caribbean, and people paid. Price gouging hurts businesses through word of mouth and reputation, but as far as I know, there is nothing illegal about it

RHD_Z_FTW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Under a state of emergency it is definitely illegal to price gouge.

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Klein Honda in Everett, WA is still charging $5k markup on all of their type Rs. They have a Boost Blue coming in, but won't do MSRP. Washington State is still terrible for getting a decent deal.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
That's just silly.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
A CTR isn't essential and the only option in the market. Regulators wouldn't bat an eye for price gouging the CTR.
Sponsored