Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
Yeap. The car is undervalued from the manufacturer. It's worth every penny of $40k+. I didn't mind paying $42k for mine with all the options I got.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Galpin Honda in Los Angeles charging $5000 ADM on 2019 (but was willing to reduce to get it out). Metro Honda about an hour away from LA charging $5000 ADM + $5800 dealer installed options on 2019.
Galpin wanted to charge me I think $10K over MSRP on a fucking Si bro lol

Fuck Galpin Honda

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Diamond Valley Honda in los angeles told me 15k over, and no room to budge... lmao When dealers tell me a ridiculous marked up price, I assume they're a low volume dealer, and they get probably like 1-2 type R's every year.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay, what dealer you work for? :bonk:
No dealer. But the car is an excellent buy for what you get. You can always pay more and get 'less' of a car like the STi, Golf, Focus RS..

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No dealer. But the car is an excellent buy for what you get. You can always pay more and get 'less' of a car like the STi, Golf, Focus RS..
I wouldn't consider the golf r any less of a car ... my gf has the golf R and after sitting in both a CTR and having a lot of seat time in the golf R, both have their merits and faults. And if acceleration/power is important, the golf R is A LOT easier to make power from simple bolt ons. I think this is where they differ the most. The CTR is already pushed to its limit from the factory, where as the golf R has a lot of headroom.

I think the CTR is a better buy if you're planning on keeping it stock, but if you plan on even doing just a little bit of aftermarket stuff ,I think the golf R takes it. But everything is subjective so take it with a grain of salt

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't consider the golf r any less of a car ... my gf has the golf R and after sitting in both a CTR and having a lot of seat time in the golf R, both have their merits and faults. And if acceleration/power is important, the golf R is A LOT easier to make power from simple bolt ons. I think this is where they differ the most. The CTR is already pushed to its limit from the factory, where as the golf R has a lot of headroom.
I'm not seeing that. With just a reflash, TypeR's are making 50-60whp.

I think the CTR is a better buy if you're planning on keeping it stock, but if you plan on even doing just a little bit of aftermarket stuff ,I think the golf R takes it. But everything is subjective so take it with a grain of salt
Agreed here. But if I was going to mod, I might as well get the best moddable 4cyl/AWD car -- the EVO.

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not seeing that. With just a reflash, TypeR's are making 50-60whp.

Agreed here. But if I was going to mod, I might as well get the best moddable 4cyl/AWD car -- the EVO.

A lot of people are saying thermal issues are keeping the CTR back. Even stock they're overheating under heavy use (which i know is not the case for most buyers but its still an issue regardless) especially if you're drafting/driving with other cars fairly closely. I believe you that it can make up to 50-60whp but I don't see that power being usable in reality without the car going into limp mode or having to buy supporting cooling mods. What i was getting at was the golf R can make that power, if not more and still be within stock reliability parameters. Lots of MK7 R owners who passed 100k mark on an aftermarket tune with no issues. No heat issues either until you get into the 400+ mark. And again, this is purely straight line performance. We all know what would happen if you put them both on a technical track, power and all.

And no rebuttals to your evo comment because I agree 100% lol

Hotul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Camry LE, 2014 Odyssey EX-L, 2018 RR CTR (R-11702)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Young Honda, Logan, UT. This is only the third CTR they've gotten since the release 2.5 years ago, so I think their perception is a little skewed. This one has sat on their showroom floor for a month now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMG_20191105_082918715_HDR

SilentMonkCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Young Honda, Logan, UT. This is only the third CTR they've gotten since the release 2.5 years ago, so I think their perception is a little skewed. This one has sat on their showroom floor for a month now.

IMG_20191105_082918715_HDR.jpg
You should print out a CarGurus and KBB report on actual new vehicle pricing and put it on the window next to that. :rofl:

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cali is tricky but just picked mine up from Socal, and drove it up back up to Norcal. Paid MSRP, but had to buy overpriced extended warranty (7Y/100k) and some 3M bits for about $2,500. But hey, at least you're getting something and not just giving up free money. Came out to 38 and some change before tax, license, and dmv fees. You have to finesse your way into having dealers bidding against each other for your business. Most will turn you down if you tell them MSRP or bust. Be prepared to walk away. Even at the last moment when I thought I had the best price and I was ready to sign papers, I walked away and was able to get it down another $250. Make sure that you know the dealer is getting desperate because a lot of dealers have told me thanks for your time, and walked away from me many many times too. Gotta just gauge the situation with your best judgement.

Just a tip, one of the dealers I was negotiating with just received a CW '19 CTR today (11/5). I believe they are asking MSRP + 4000 in accessories. I'm pretty positive if you went in person to negotiate you can get a deal similar to mine. Probably the best deal I've come across in socal. The dealership is honda of van nuys (keyes).

b534202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR WRX Legacy Hellcat LC500 GRC
Country flag
Cali is tricky but just picked mine up from Socal, and drove it up back up to Norcal. Paid MSRP, but had to buy overpriced extended warranty (7Y/100k) and some 3M bits for about $2,500. But hey, at least you're getting something and not just giving up free money. Came out to 38 and some change before tax, license, and dmv fees. You have to finesse your way into having dealers bidding against each other for your business. Most will turn you down if you tell them MSRP or bust. Be prepared to walk away. Even at the last moment when I thought I had the best price and I was ready to sign papers, I walked away and was able to get it down another $250. Make sure that you know the dealer is getting desperate because a lot of dealers have told me thanks for your time, and walked away from me many many times too. Gotta just gauge the situation with your best judgement.

Just a tip, one of the dealers I was negotiating with just received a CW '19 CTR today (11/5). I believe they are asking MSRP + 4000 in accessories. I'm pretty positive if you went in person to negotiate you can get a deal similar to mine. Probably the best deal I've come across in socal. The dealership is honda of van nuys (keyes).
How much of the $2.5k is warranty?
Since you're in CA I'm pretty sure you can go cancel the extended warranty if you want a refund instead.
Sponsored