Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spent the morning detailing the si to take in and look at the red R in the showroom here at Billion in Iowa City, IA. Absolutely disgusting. Just completely filthy on the showroom floor. Light scratches on the door handles and rocker panels from people getting in. The worst part was the $4,300 dealer installed clear bra stickers. You could see clear lines everywhere and even some ripples. It was absolutely embarrassing.
Sponsored

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Spent the morning detailing the si to take in and look at the red R in the showroom here at Billion in Iowa City, IA. Absolutely disgusting. Just completely filthy on the showroom floor. Light scratches on the door handles and rocker panels from people getting in. The worst part was the $4,300 dealer installed clear bra stickers. You could see clear lines everywhere and even some ripples. It was absolutely embarrassing.
Yikes

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Hahaha, that's where I bought mine for MSRP early last year. They can be negotiated down unless they got someone to recently buy way over MSRP again.

Rairdon Honda of Burien (Washington State, South of Seattle)
Dealer Mark Up:$25000
Additional Dealer Installed Options: $3,100
Total Asking Price: $65,422.00

LOL

IMG_5579.jpeg

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
You can add Conicelli Honda in Conshohocken to the list. They currently have three in stock and I know the SGP they have has been sitting for months now due to mark ups. They wanted 42k I believe before taxes and acted like it was a deal lol. Almost every Honda dealership within 40 miles of me has at least one Type R with multiple dealers having 2 or more.

eurover

First Name
Euro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR CW
Country flag
Coast Honda in Sea Grit, NJ has a championship white one. Sticker plus a $695 wax, . However I think they are willing to negotiate. I was there in person and met the sales manager, very nice individual. I was about to leave a deposit but I took a chance and drove to Joyce Honda in Denville and purchased a white one at the old MSRP of $36,620 plus taxes and doc.

62445D8E-E2E0-414E-84D3-88AAA772ED1E.jpeg
Bought my 2018 CW CTR at this Coast Honda in Sea Grit, NJ and I was pleasantly surprised. They sent me an MSRP quote on email and then a call. Came down there to check it out. I asked for a all weather floor mat to be included and they gave it to me.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Most Dealers won't budge here in San Diego. I bought mine 1k over MSRP. Best deal in San Diego, that i could find. One dealer was asking 10k over MSRP.
Congrats. $1K over is about right from what I'm seeing down here as well. Most are listing at $5K over (for the person that really doesn't care), but if you talk to them it is clear most are willing to come down to $1K-$2K. $10K is just plain dumb at this point. If I weren't waiting on seeing what the 2020 has, I'd be pushing hard right now on a '19 as I think the inventory is up again and ADMs are definitely getting closer to MSRP... even in SoCal.

Akutober

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR CW
Country flag
Literally every dealer in SoCal is asking $3k-$10k markup.

I even called a dealer who was selling the car with a wrap on it... what the?

Dr Beat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Literally every dealer in SoCal is asking $3k-$10k markup.

I even called a dealer who was selling the car with a wrap on it... what the?
Started emailing SoCal and AZ dealers last Thursday, got my CW the next day for MSRP plus $1000 for Theft Patrol, Permaplate and tint (none of which I wanted, unfortunately). Honda of the Desert. Similar to some other owners here, figured just pay the $1000 instead of having it shipped and dealing with all the other stuff.

I would absolutely not pay more than $1000 markup for this. Be patient, keep emailing dealers and wait for a price range you're comfortable paying.

Nfrpogiboi

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8, FK8
Country flag
Honda of Seattle
ADM: +$5,000
Total: $42,320
This dealership is supposedly known for having a no-haggle, fair price upfront style of selling cars.
LOL

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Honda of Seattle
ADM: +$5,000
Total: $42,320
This dealership is supposedly known for having a no-haggle, fair price upfront style of selling cars.
LOL
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Honda of Seattle sells anywhere from 5k - 15k over MSRP depending on color, and people BUY from them with the ADM. They will not haggle, and they think it's a fair price (while being indignant about it).

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Rairdon Honda of Burien (Washington State, South of Seattle)
Dealer Mark Up:$25000
Additional Dealer Installed Options: $3,100
Total Asking Price: $65,422.00

LOL

IMG_5579.jpeg
"MAKET ADJUSTMENT" - wow. $25k premium and they can't even spell "market" correctly

Nfrpogiboi

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8, FK8
Country flag
Ive started looking around for a used Type R and the '17s and 18's are going for original MSRP +$5k. Should we start adding these dealers to the list?

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 9.15.40 AM

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Disagree. The car shouldn't lose it's value that much especially for the TypeR
I’m not talking about losing “value” but paying over msrp for a used type r is just not feasible. Why would anyone in their right mind pay over msrp for a used type r when they can find one at msrp.
Sponsored