Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

WindJunkie

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CTR #24,174
Country flag
So many dealers say "come in for our best price." That doesnt tell me anything. Your "best price" might still be $47k.

I only got 1 out of 50 dealers to tell me their price over email, and that's where I'm going. Didnt even need to negotiate, they were more than happy to sell to me at MSRP with no pulling teeth. They just want to sell cars to people who want them

I pick it up Saturday. I'm so excited.
My purchase last March worked out the same way. I made dozens of calls and emails to dealers hundreds of miles away over the course of many months. Finally, a dealer 3 hours away had an asking price that was precisely MSRP (I discovered via email using CarGurus). I did run into 2-3k ADM where they would elude to a better deal if I showed up at the dealer, which is impossible when you live far away. Post up some photos when you pick up the new CTR!

jp554731

First Name
Jan
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Legend 94' LS
Country flag
Add Oakland Honda of California to the list. They have champ white on the showroom floor. Asking $50,000 when I got there.
Lured me over the phone with $41,000
Out the door.

Last edited:

TrippyTreb

First Name
Tteb
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FC3 Si
Country flag
My purchase last March worked out the same way. I made dozens of calls and emails to dealers hundreds of miles away over the course of many months. Finally, a dealer 3 hours away had an asking price that was precisely MSRP (I discovered via email using CarGurus). I did run into 2-3k ADM where they would elude to a better deal if I showed up at the dealer, which is impossible when you live far away. Post up some photos when you pick up the new CTR!
I definitely will!

It's so funny how all the dealers that wouldnt give me a price or told me ridiculous markups just a few days/weeks ago are now saying they are selling their models at MSRP just because they keep contacting me and I'm telling them I've decided to purchase elsewhere.

Maybe if you had been open and honest with me like the dealer I'm heading to was, I would have bought from you losers.

Marky

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was in Community Honda or Orland Park, IL this weekend looking at Accords but happened to see a new 2019 CTR on the showroom floor and asked sales about their markup. They add $3k to MSRP to sell. They add all weather mats, sun visor and about 6 other "extras" that nobody wants to try to justify the $3k but its cut and dry. Been sitting on the floor for over a month or so and he said thats rare.

Linas19

Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have been quoted $35991 for a used 2019 type r with 3000 miles. Is that a reasonable price?

Thanks

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Car(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have been quoted $35991 for a used 2019 type r with 3000 miles. Is that a reasonable price?

Thanks
Thats at least 1-2k lower than the prices I've seen with the same year and mileage

Linas19

Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
Country flag
Thats at least 1-2k lower than the prices I've seen with the same year and mileage
Thanks! I will have to install two car seats so still debating if I should I accept the deal.

Kekela98a

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
2019 CTR at Honda of Valley Stream. They wanted $5000 over MSRP and wouldn’t budge since it’s “hard to find.”

Yenkoray

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2019 BMW 540i M-Sport, 1969 Yenko Camaro
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope this helps members. The following New Jersey dealers want 5000 over sticker:
Toms River Honda
Honda Universe
Honda of Jersey City
DCH Honda of Eatontown
DCH Paramus

However I think they will have to lower to sticker soon. They have been holding on to these cars too long

Yenkoray

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Route 22 Honda in Hillside,NJ. $5000 over sticker and a cocky Sales Manager

Yenkoray

First Name
Ray
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coast Honda in Sea Grit, NJ has a championship white one. Sticker plus a $695 wax, . However I think they are willing to negotiate. I was there in person and met the sales manager, very nice individual. I was about to leave a deposit but I took a chance and drove to Joyce Honda in Denville and purchased a white one at the old MSRP of $36,620 plus taxes and doc.

62445D8E-E2E0-414E-84D3-88AAA772ED1E.jpeg

Kekela98a

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Are there any dealers on Long Island that are willing to sell close to Msrp? So far it’s been ridiculous

dallasjhawk

Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vandergriff Honda Arlington Texas, still asking $46,800 for their Type R's

nc_oc=AQmiGXI66wlhnda7fFCl1FsW_ZjRbpIAZYJT2BygHOK2JRtpxmd0W8TivSinByhfejI&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.jpg