Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Three things:

1. Wife and I are moving this weekend, so I need to set up our new home.
2. My daughter is due in 3 weeks, so traveling out of state isn't an option.
3. I'd have a trade-in (My 2016 Acura).

I could probably find one out of state for MSRP, but the logistics of getting it back here in between work, moving, and having a child won't work for me lol.
Ive actually gotten to sit in a Ridgeline Black Edition (Cant say that for a Type R lol) and holy shit, they are niiiiiiiice. Sadly my dealer also had ADM on it for a while. Not sure if it still does. Ill check when I go for an oil change again
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I think I am just gonna get a Ridgeline Black Edition and call it a day. More suitable for my family plus I can drop it on a set of Rays and be happy.
I can understand if your going to get a comparable car like a Focus RS, STI, Golf R but a ridgeline is a totally different car. Would you be really be happy with it? If so, that'd be great.

Dealerships around me had ADM on a black edition one also a few weeks back. I am not sure if it does now though.

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is 777. Anyone want to pay 50k for it ?
You should literally call Corona and make them that offer. They want $20K over MSRP so it'd be like you're giving them $5K. Win/win

(866) 906-4439

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I can understand if your going to get a comparable car like a Focus RS, STI, Golf R but a ridgeline is a totally different car. Would you be really be happy with it? If so, that'd be great.

Dealerships around me had ADM on a black edition one also a few weeks back. I am not sure if it does now though.
Yea I got to thinking and I miss having a truck. Plus, my family is growing and I want something bigger. I figure down the line I can get a third fun car. I dunno....maybe I am just in dad mode lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yea I got to thinking and I miss having a truck. Plus, my family is growing and I want something bigger. I figure down the line I can get a third fun car. I dunno....maybe I am just in dad mode lol
Ain't nothing wrong with being in dad mode lol. I don't have my own family yet but I can see them being more of a priority over a pleasure car once it becomes just not about yourself.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
With one kid, you can have a Type-R! Rear facing Recaro fit in my FA5 Si, and it has way smaller backseats than the FK8.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Ive actually gotten to sit in a Ridgeline Black Edition (Cant say that for a Type R lol) and holy shit, they are niiiiiiiice. Sadly my dealer also had ADM on it for a while. Not sure if it still does. Ill check when I go for an oil change again
I've had my 2017 Ridgeline for over a year now which is nearing a personal record for me, so it must be pretty good. :) I enjoy darting around in the Civic Si during the week, but when the weekend gets here I transition to the Ridgeline for my shopping and road trips. It's incredibly smooth, quiet, and comfortable - easily one of Honda's must luxurious-riding vehicles whether you consider it a truck or an SUV/minivan in the shape of a truck.

Honda made/makes plenty of Black Edition Ridgelines, but not enough of the RTL-E model so they're occasionally hard to find in a specific color and still command near MSRP even a year later. I initially wanted the Black Edition, but I've owned enough black vehicles to know better. Plus, the only difference between the RTL-E and Black Edition is an extra $1,500 for nothing more than color differences. You don't get anything extra on the Black Edition over the RTL-E aside from different colors for that extra price.

Last edited:

RCA888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABM 2018 Civic Type R
dont even sweat it lol, i consider getting a truck every day instead of the type R if it doesnt pan out in the next 6 months or so, just so i can more comfortably haul my bike to the track

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
You should literally call Corona and make them that offer. They want $20K over MSRP so it'd be like you're giving them $5K. Win/win

(866) 906-4439
Totally gonna drive my CTR to my surrounding dealer ask for offers.

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tell them you're having an auction. Or tell them it's MSRP, but when you start to do paperwork, hit them with the add-ons.
Please record and post to YouTube.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Tell them you're having an auction. Or tell them it's MSRP, but when you start to do paperwork, hit them with the add-ons.
Yes sir. I'm gonna charge them 10K over for my farts.