Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another Cleveland area dealer (Sunnyside) asking an ADM of $6K+. I'd say not much hope of getting them to budge either. They were real d-bags when I was shopping around for an EX-T 6MT. They quoted $380 off sticker and a free set of all-season mats. LOL.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Sunnyside Honda
Sponsored

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Yeah norm reeves Cerritos wanted 46100 and wouldn't budge a single cent. I offered them 46k otd and they denied me on Sunday after waiting 30 mins or so for my trade in value, running my credit, etc. they wouldn't even say yes or no or even tell me that the price is non negotiable until all was said and done.

It's almost impossible to find one 5k or under in socal currently. I literally drove like 400-500 miles over this weekend. You'd have to catch them in a very desperate need of sales or it's most likely pre sold and contracted out like you said.
If you don't mind waiting or you shop out of state you'll definitely get the price you want. it's just a matter of time and if you want to wait or not.

as some of you guys know here, after many weeks of dealing with dealers and especially after this weekend, the amount of stress/frustration dealing with these dealers wasn't worth the few k in savings for me. I started offering 6-7k and started getting bites when at 4-5k I was getting close to no leads.

I ended up just biting the bullet yesterday and paid 7500 with some accessories. Was more than what I initially wanted to pay but it had some stuff I would've gotten anyways so to me it was worth the extra "mark up" to not have to deal with this kinda bs. In the end I have lost the battle but at least I am glad to say the hunt is over.

3U5aI38.jpg
Congrats! I have pretty much given up and will end up with an RF instead. I'll be keeping my ST for DD.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Although my choices were PMM or CW, I don't think I would've pulled the trigger if it was PMM.

I got it from Galpin Honda. I basically sent out an email to every single dealer in socal with my OTD offer, how i plan on paying, my trade in I had, how much cash down, rdy to buy etc and they were the first person to respond back to me.
They initially started off saying 48.5k + fees and i said no way. At least they were willing to negotiate unlike the other dealers i've visited.
It's ok, atleast you got that awesome car. It's well worth the markup. People been having negative comments on me spending over 40k on a Civic. But I told them if they actually driven the car and the amount of attention that it gets from car enthusiasts and average people that it is all worth the markup paid.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Yeah norm reeves Cerritos wanted 46100 and wouldn't budge a single cent. I offered them 46k otd and they denied me on Sunday after waiting 30 mins or so for my trade in value, running my credit, etc. they wouldn't even say yes or no or even tell me that the price is non negotiable until all was said and done.

It's almost impossible to find one 5k or under in socal currently. I literally drove like 400-500 miles over this weekend. You'd have to catch them in a very desperate need of sales or it's most likely pre sold and contracted out like you said.
If you don't mind waiting or you shop out of state you'll definitely get the price you want. it's just a matter of time and if you want to wait or not.

as some of you guys know here, after many weeks of dealing with dealers and especially after this weekend, the amount of stress/frustration dealing with these dealers wasn't worth the few k in savings for me. I started offering 6-7k and started getting bites when at 4-5k I was getting close to no leads.

I ended up just biting the bullet yesterday and paid 7500 with some accessories. Was more than what I initially wanted to pay but it had some stuff I would've gotten anyways so to me it was worth the extra "mark up" to not have to deal with this kinda bs. In the end I have lost the battle but at least I am glad to say the hunt is over.

3U5aI38.jpg
My man finally got his ride!!! Congrats! Just add gasoline of you chose and start enjoying! :D

EDIT: is the CTR all it's crapped up to be? is it up to your expectation?

gd4real

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual v6 Honda Accord ;) daddy rocket
Country flag
I originally wanted championship white but when I saw the gray one at the Cerritos dealership it looked amazing. I pretty much want polished gray at this point. I assume it should be easier to get since championship white is a color that's more in demand.
Same thing happened to me! When I saw the polished metal I was a convert. That's a beautiful piece of machinery in its most flattering, natural color. Transformers quality :)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
It's ok, atleast you got that awesome car. It's well worth the markup. People been having negative comments on me spending over 40k on a Civic. But I told them if they actually driven the car and the amount of attention that it gets from car enthusiasts and average people that it is all worth the markup paid.
We all know time is money. I just decided to go with the "buy now, regret later" lol. The amount of time/stress i put into trying to find one as you guys know was not worth the few thousand in savings(i was already initially offering 4-5k+). Never thought in my life, I would buy a car without a test drive lol. Let alone pay 40k+ for one without a test drive.

My man finally got his ride!!! Congrats! Just add gasoline of you chose and start enjoying! :D

EDIT: is the CTR all it's crapped up to be? is it up to your expectation?
I've only driven it 30-40 miles home on the freeway so i haven't driven it much yet. But half throttle in 6th gear and you can FEEL the torque kick in and car wanting to move. it definitely feels much faster than my SCed 9th gen. Not to mention, going 80 mph on the freeway and the car feels absolutely planted. Haven't driven enough to really compare to my modded S2k w/ Aero.
Only downside is I only have a one car garage and the S2k sits in there so i feel bad that the Type R sits in my driveway outside.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
We all know time is money. I just decided to go with the "buy now, regret later" lol. The amount of time/stress i put into trying to find one as you guys know was not worth the few thousand in savings(i was already initially offering 4-5k+). Never thought in my life, I would buy a car without a test drive lol. Let alone pay 40k+ for one without a test drive.

I've only driven it 30-40 miles home on the freeway so i haven't driven it much yet. But half throttle in 6th gear and you can FEEL the torque kick in and car wanting to move. it definitely feels much faster than my SCed 9th gen. Not to mention, going 80 mph on the freeway and the car feels absolutely planted. Haven't driven enough to really compare to my modded S2k w/ Aero.
Only downside is I only have a one car garage and the S2k sits in there so i feel bad that the Type R sits in my driveway outside.
yes, You'll find a lot more about the car that will amaze you :thumbsup:...S2k and CTR parking issue is all yours...can't help with that one..

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Wow $7k over, East Coast you get MSRP or $1-2k over.. at most.
yeah... those prices don't exist in socal. If I consider the plane ticket, car transportation, time spent going to carmax to sell my trade in, time spent going to dmv to register the car in CA, along with the slight mark up, it probably won't be as much but it'd be close anyways. I'm sure with time, the price will go down. I just wasn't willing to wait any longer.

yes, You'll find a lot more about the car that will amaze you :thumbsup:...S2k and CTR parking issue is all yours...can't help with that one..
yeah looking forward to it and seeing how it compares to the S2. Right now looking into building some kind of a roof over it so it doesn't at least get direct uv light from the sun lol.

I'll definitely enjoy the mark up worth. Hope you all can find one soon. It's a great feeling to own two of the cars I consider honda's best. Next step would be a 90s nsx. Gotta own them all.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I went to Norm Reeves in Cerritos. They have 3 CTR's in their showroom a black, white and gray. I offered 5k above msrp for a Civic Type R and the sales person rejected my offer. He was telling me the car has 7k-8k in accessories and that they have an ADM of 5K and that it would be impossible to take my offer. I was trying to explain to the sales guy that I didn't want any of the accessories including the door moldings, rubber floor mats; etc. He was telling me how the car has a widebody which is considered an accessory. I was stumped at this point and didn't know what else to say because I thought all 2017 ctr's come with a wide body straight from the factory and I didn't notice any add on pieces to make the body look wider that it already looks. It seems like all the good dealerships with msrp or a 5k markup contracted out their Type R's before they can even receive their shipment. I would shop out of state but I have a 2016 civic ex-l that I would like to trade-in. If anyone knows a dealership that is looking to sell a type r with a 5k or under ADM please let me know. I also plan to trade in my 2016 ex-l.

3U5aI38.jpg
Norm Reeves is a fucking joke. Jerked me back and forth for 3 weeks about their R's they had in shipment. Told me the best they can do is 5K ADM. Now I see they added a bunch of bullshit options to the total. Smh fucking crooks man.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Norm Reeves is a fucking joke. Jerked me back and forth for 3 weeks about their R's they had in shipment. Told me the best they can do is 5K ADM. Now I see they added a bunch of bullshit options to the total. Smh fucking crooks man.
well, they weren't wrong technically LOL. mark up was 5k. just had like 7k in accessories. LOL.
The white one i saw ad like door side moldings, "diamond fusion", fabric protection, 7 year warranty, gap, etc.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Same thing happened to me! When I saw the polished metal I was a convert. That's a beautiful piece of machinery in its most flattering, natural color. Transformers quality :)

Me too. After 2 autoshow and 2 dealership visits on a CW. I was thinking screw the resale on CW i'll have a PMM.
Sponsored