Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Took it. Also a little update. It's actually $429, vin etching 229+ 199 labor. They agreed for switching to 5 year nationwide wheels and protection with OE replacement. Knowing that 1 tire =~$300, wheel =~700, 1 bent wheel will pay for itself. Since the vin etching already on the car they had to throw it in for free.
Nice score!! I think the wheel replacement plan is well worth it. Glad to see a few members finally get a good price in CA.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
I went to Norm Reeves in Cerritos. They have 3 CTR's in their showroom a black, white and gray. I offered 5k above msrp for a Civic Type R and the sales person rejected my offer. He was telling me the car has 7k-8k in accessories and that they have an ADM of 5K and that it would be impossible to take my offer. I was trying to explain to the sales guy that I didn't want any of the accessories including the door moldings, rubber floor mats; etc. He was telling me how the car has a widebody which is considered an accessory. I was stumped at this point and didn't know what else to say because I thought all 2017 ctr's come with a wide body straight from the factory and I didn't notice any add on pieces to make the body look wider that it already looks. It seems like all the good dealerships with msrp or a 5k markup contracted out their Type R's before they can even receive their shipment. I would shop out of state but I have a 2016 civic ex-l that I would like to trade-in. If anyone knows a dealership that is looking to sell a type r with a 5k or under ADM please let me know. I also plan to trade in my 2016 ex-l.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Yeah norm reeves Cerritos wanted 46100 and wouldn't budge a single cent. I offered them 46k otd and they denied me on Sunday after waiting 30 mins or so for my trade in value, running my credit, etc. they wouldn't even say yes or no or even tell me that the price is non negotiable until all was said and done.

It's almost impossible to find one 5k or under in socal currently. I literally drove like 400-500 miles over this weekend. You'd have to catch them in a very desperate need of sales or it's most likely pre sold and contracted out like you said.
If you don't mind waiting or you shop out of state you'll definitely get the price you want. it's just a matter of time and if you want to wait or not.

as some of you guys know here, after many weeks of dealing with dealers and especially after this weekend, the amount of stress/frustration dealing with these dealers wasn't worth the few k in savings for me. I started offering 6-7k and started getting bites when at 4-5k I was getting close to no leads.

I ended up just biting the bullet yesterday and paid 7500 with some accessories. Was more than what I initially wanted to pay but it had some stuff I would've gotten anyways so to me it was worth the extra "mark up" to not have to deal with this kinda bs. In the end I have lost the battle but at least I am glad to say the hunt is over.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 3U5aI38

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Yeah norm reeves Cerritos wanted 46100 and wouldn't budge a single cent. I offered them 46k otd and they denied me on Sunday after waiting 30 mins or so for my trade in value, running my credit, etc. they wouldn't even say yes or no or even tell me that the price is non negotiable until all was said and done.

It's almost impossible to find one 5k or under in socal currently. I literally drove like 400-500 miles over this weekend. You'd have to catch them in a very desperate need of sales or it's most likely pre sold and contracted out like you said.
If you don't mind waiting or you shop out of state you'll definitely get the price you want. it's just a matter of time and if you want to wait or not.

as some of you guys know here, after many weeks of dealing with dealers and especially after this weekend, the amount of stress/frustration dealing with these dealers wasn't worth the few k in savings for me. I started offering 6-7k and started getting bites when at 4-5k I was getting close to no leads.

I ended up just biting the bullet yesterday and paid 7500 with some accessories. Was more than what I initially wanted to pay but it had some stuff I would've gotten anyways so to me it was worth the extra "mark up" to not have to deal with this kinda bs. In the end I have lost the battle but at least I am glad to say the hunt is over.

3U5aI38.jpg
I suppose I can wait. Congrats on your purchase. What color did you get?

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag

3U5aI38.jpg
Call for Aaron Blom at Autonation in Tucson. He said that the next one they get will be +5k. Tell him Hal told you to call. Worth a trip to Tucson.

HondaCBX6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s: CTR, other non Honda’s. previous NSX, S2000’s, Ridgeline

3U5aI38.jpg

Congrats! You paid a little more than you wanted, just enjoy it a little more than you thought you would to offset the difference!

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Championship White. The only reason why i pulled the trigger at that price.
I originally wanted championship white but when I saw the gray one at the Cerritos dealership it looked amazing. I pretty much want polished gray at this point. I assume it should be easier to get since championship white is a color that's more in demand.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag

3U5aI38.jpg
Congrats! Your search and dealing with BS is finally over. I saved myself the trouble you went through and just surrendered already knowing that you won't win in so cal. We paid the same price. The only color I would turn any deal down is red and black. Which dealership got you in their trap?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Congrats! Your search and dealing with BS is finally over. I saved myself the trouble you went through and just surrendered already knowing that you won't win in so cal. We paid the same price. The only color I would turn any deal down is red and black. Which dealership got you in their trap?
Although my choices were PMM or CW, I don't think I would've pulled the trigger if it was PMM.

I got it from Galpin Honda. I basically sent out an email to every single dealer in socal with my OTD offer, how i plan on paying, my trade in I had, how much cash down, rdy to buy etc and they were the first person to respond back to me.
They initially started off saying 48.5k + fees and i said no way. At least they were willing to negotiate unlike the other dealers i've visited.
Sponsored