Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

HondaCBX6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s: CTR, other non Honda’s. previous NSX, S2000’s, Ridgeline
If it goes for that price it's going to fall flat on it's face just like the NSX. For BMW it's not going to be a "Halo" car, will they price it above the Supra or below? $110k Toyota badge? If they move it to Lexus then you start competing with the LC at that price. I still say 40-50k entry level, optioned up to $80-90k
I respectfully disagree, based on opinion but more so on facts.

The should be a Lexus argument: Still regarded as a luxury brand and the cars with those badges will be luxury cars, not pure performance cars. F Sport is cool, but still more cool sporty tech and luxury, than pure performance.

The BMW argument: Aren't the most current Z4's $50k starting with the upper models $70k plus? And this car is actually a bigger Z5 (likely name, but could be an M?) with a smaller different Z4 replacement coming later.? I don't think they are going to build a bigger faster upper level car and lower the price from where they are currently offering an out going model.

The Toyota badge argument: Land Cruisers currently go for $85k.

The NSX flop: agree it is, but Acura could have screwed up a the Type R given the chance. To me personally (I owned 96' back in the 90's) it lost some mechanical goodness with Hybrid technology, some customers from the $160k+price, but mostly due to the length of time it took to actually make it to market.

The Supra will only be in the upper trim M Type level, it is a Supra, the $40--$50k version would be a Celica!

Bottom line Toyota doesn't need the unit sales, if they pull the Supra name back off the shelf after 20 years, you can bet it will be special, think GTR, Z06, 911 Turbo, etc. and not $40-$50k level car and price range, sorry to disappoint.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
drove by and spoke to sales guy and finance guys in person.

Norm reeves Cerritos 46k plus ttl. No negotiations.

New century Honda - 48k plus ttl for 53k. I offered 47k otd which is like 7k mark up and they denied me.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag

New century Honda - 48k plus ttl for 53k. I offered 47k otd which is like 7k mark up and they denied me.
Woah... this would be the first time I heard you would consider 7k ADM. you were so adamant on that 4K over MSRP. That should been a for sure sale for 7K over.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Woah... this would be the first time I heard you would consider 7k ADM. you were so adamant on that 4K over MSRP. That should been a for sure sale for 7K over.
Yeah I was set on 4K. But I was like semi desperate at that point. Drove and stop by all dealers that had a white or gray from Irvine ish all the way to Oxnard and Ontario.
I'm on my way to Culver City Honda and is my last stop and I've visited all of those in person with my trade in and 14k ready to take it home. So tired of driving, dealing with dealers, running my credit making sure I qualify for the car before they even give me the price, etc.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
Yeah I was set on 4K. But I was like semi desperate at that point. Drove and stop by all dealers that had a white or gray from Irvine ish all the way to Oxnard and Ontario.
I'm on my way to Culver City Honda and is my last stop and I've visited all of those in person with my trade in and 14k ready to take it home. So tired of driving, dealing with dealers, running my credit making sure I qualify for the car before they even give me the price, etc.

You are making your own problem and just adding to that of the rest of the prospective buyers. You made your bed...

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T, PMM Type R #3527
Wow! Unbelievable. But way to get out there @boosted180sx.

I really can't believe the dealerships were that stubborn on that kind of pricing with you in front of them ready to buy.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Wow! Unbelievable. But way to get out there @boosted180sx.

I really can't believe the dealerships were that stubborn on that kind of pricing with you in front of them ready to buy.
tbh, I was pretty determined to drive home with one over the weekend. over the weekend I went to like ... maybe 15 dealers or so, ready to buy and to speak about pricing in person. I thought one of them would give me the price I wanted to pay. Alot of places wanted me to submit a credit report to make sure i'm a serious buyer so they knew I was qualified to buy the car and not here to bs around ..

To be fair though, most of the sales guy i dealt with was super nice and wasn't an asshole or anything. It's just when the sales manager comes out, they love to claim how i'll never find one for the price I want (45k otd), and give me all sorts of BS. The manager over at New Century told me "for that price, your gonna be waiting for a while for the Type R" when I offered 47k ... which is like 42.5+ttl with cali tax. Things like that really irks me. But I guess that was a good thing, I would've probably regretted that decision to pay 7k lol.

Hondanight

First Name
Michael Wertz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
@boosted180sx

That blows my mind that these dealers are doing this!

I got mine OTD w/accessories (non negotiable) and all the protection 40k
I do work there, but the price was MSRP+accessories (which I didn't get to choose and paid full mark up for) + ttl

It wasn't the greatest deal, but compared to what I've been reading etc... I think it was descent.

We have a Black one right now.

Honda Marketing

First Name
kimha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type-S
tbh, I was pretty determined to drive home with one over the weekend. over the weekend I went to like ... maybe 15 dealers or so, ready to buy and to speak about pricing in person. I thought one of them would give me the price I wanted to pay. Alot of places wanted me to submit a credit report to make sure i'm a serious buyer so they knew I was qualified to buy the car and not here to bs around ..

To be fair though, most of the sales guy i dealt with was super nice and wasn't an asshole or anything. It's just when the sales manager comes out, they love to claim how i'll never find one for the price I want (45k otd), and give me all sorts of BS. The manager over at New Century told me "for that price, your gonna be waiting for a while for the Type R" when I offered 47k ... which is like 42.5+ttl with cali tax. Things like that really irks me. But I guess that was a good thing, I would've probably regretted that decision to pay 7k lol.
I am actually happy for you that the dealers wouldn't sell you the car at your offered prices. Even $4K ADM is not worth it as winter is only a few months away. Most of the dealers in the "winter" states probably do not want the CTR in their parking lot in October where temperatures can drop below 40 degree F. Which means these dealers have to drop the ADM to move the car quickly or stop ordering the CTRs during the winter season. Which means Honda would most likely be sending more CTRs to warmer states and less CTRs to winter states. You already waited this long for the CTR, just wait for 8 more weeks. I am very confident I get get one at MSRP before Christmas. The problem is I don't really want this first production CTR anymore. I have been looking at pictures of the CTR and the 2018 Supra Turbo side by side for the last few days. I couldn't stop drooling over the Supra.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Supra1

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I drove down to Metro Honda yesterday from Norcal. JD locked in a 5 over/45 OTD deal for me on their CW. Give him a call. I also have a deposit on a CW in the Sac area I will need to get refunded. Let me know if you want my spot and I'll ask if you can have it. Not sure if they have a waiting list. It is also 5 over.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I drove down to Metro Honda yesterday from Norcal. JD locked in a 5 over/45 OTD deal for me on their CW. Give him a call. I also have a deposit on a CW in the Sac area I will need to get refunded. Let me know if you want my spot and I'll ask if you can have it. Not sure if they have a waiting list. It is also 5 over.
I been speaking with a guy named Quincy at metro Honda ever since they got their first one and he wasn't able to lock me in deal... He actually contacted me yesterday to tell me it was sold now (didn't know it was 5k) and that the next one they are getting is a black one which I'm not interested in.

Can you pm me some info on the sac one like the eta. Prefer local due to trade in but I can always car max if as last resort I guess.

Thanks.

elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I been speaking with a guy named Quincy at metro Honda ever since they got their first one and he wasn't able to lock me in deal... He actually contacted me yesterday to tell me it was sold now (didn't know it was 5k) and that the next one they are getting is a black one which I'm not interested in.

Can you pm me some info on the sac one like the eta. Prefer local due to trade in but I can always car max if as last resort I guess.

Thanks.
It wasn't 5 originally. PM sent.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Pick a dealer, let us know which one. 10 of us will call offering invoice or MSRP, you make the 11th call offering your $4k. They will sell it to you. These dealers had a lot of inquiries before release from the same people creating this false "Demand with ADM", well let's reverse it.

scorpizy

First Name
jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW, 1994 civic, 1996 civic, 2005 civic, 2015 civic
Pick a dealer, let us know which one. 10 of us will call offering invoice or MSRP, you make the 11th call offering your $4k. They will sell it to you. These dealers had a lot of inquiries before release from the same people creating this false "Demand with ADM", well let's reverse it.
I will ask for under msrp :stirthepot:
Sponsored