Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Sumkrn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Smh used for MSRP lol

I'd tell those dipshits to pound sand for being stupid
Right? I would have probably bought it the way it was had they just offered it MSRP the day I was there. Got a different car instead and will wait till 2020 for the remodeled STI with hopefully a new engine to decide between the Type R or STI. :D
Sponsored

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Right? I would have probably bought it the way it was had they just offered it MSRP the day I was there. Got a different car instead and will wait till 2020 for the remodeled STI with hopefully a new engine to decide between the Type R or STI. :D
I still want a Type R but this hunt is taking up too much of my time

Sumkrn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
I still want a Type R but this hunt is taking up too much of my time
TBH. I got a WRX and I couldn't be any happier! The boost is hella fun and the ride is great! Didn't think I'd get much enjoyment as I currently do with the vehicle especially coming from a s2000. But for me, its a happy medium in between the time frame that I have before getting another vehicle down the line.

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T, PMM Type R #3527
Thanks @Sumkrn - well, I'd be interested in that blue one if you have the right contact to put me in touch with. I just cold called them and the salesperson I got hooked up with simply said they were stuck at the $47k.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Thanks @Sumkrn - well, I'd be interested in that blue one if you have the right contact to put me in touch with. I just cold called them and the salesperson I got hooked up with simply said they were stuck at the $47k.

You'll get different prices at different salesperson.

Sumkrn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
The lady I talked to while I was at the dealership her name was Elsa and she was very sweet lady. I just let her know I would be ready to purchase at MSRP and just showed interest in all their vehicles while at the dealership. That was about 5 weeks ago. Now fast forward to today, she calls me and asks me if I was ready for a deal at MSRP because she now had approval to make that deal with me had I wanted it. Maybe it will depend on the buyer and how they felt their interaction was with the individual? I am unsure, but that is what I was offered today. Every other time I inquired prior, it was 10k intially and they said they had a buyer, then couple weeks after 7.5k for sure since the buyer is coming to make the purchase... now today MSRP.

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again. I was literally on hold for Elsa when I got a call back from a dealer I've been talking with today. Long story short, I took that call and made a deal on a new PMM Type R. :)

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
Thanks again. I was literally on hold for Elsa when I got a call back from a dealer I've been talking with today. Long story short, I took that call and made a deal on a new PMM Type R. :)
Congrats man! I'm waiting on a PMM myself, but it's a longer wait... lol

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I was considering getting on Schomp's list too, but I would have been something like 15th or 16th. Ended up on a waiting list at MSRP at Honda of Lincoln, 6th in line, but figured I'd call around to see if I could get one sooner.

Not exactly MSRP, but found the PMM one in Kentucky with some "forced" accessories - cargo tray, interior illumination kit, console illumination kit, illuminated sidesills and the wireless phone charger. Supposedly retail on those accessories, installed, is close to $1,500. Knowing those accessories could be had cheaper, and I don't even care that much about half of them anyway, I nevertheless offered $1,750 over MSRP (including the accessories), and they accepted.

So again, a bit more than MSRP (not to mention the shipping cost), but I'm certainly excited to get one at a "reasonable" price and sooner than later.

Anyone want to buy a lightly used GTI? ;)

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, I did end up talking to Elsa at El Cerrito (and I agree, she is a charming lady), but after talking to the manager, she said the best they were prepared to do at this point was $3,000 over.

And apparently that's with over 500 miles, not only from the owner "having fun with it" but also from test drives.

Liebestraume

First Name
Azo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP CTR, 2015 Porsche GR GT3, 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2017 VW GTI
Congrats buddy!

Yeah, I wouldn't hedge your bets on El Cerritos or Rock Honda.
Both were nowhere near MSRP last time I checked. Sometimes you get a salesperson that doesn't know anything.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Rock Honda just got back to me. Super nice guys just the price is a no go.

MSRP + 12K ADM down from the 20K they were asking. So they dropped it 8K in one call. Trending in the right direction lol

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
By the way, I did end up talking to Elsa at El Cerrito (and I agree, she is a charming lady), but after talking to the manager, she said the best they were prepared to do at this point was $3,000 over.

And apparently that's with over 500 miles, not only from the owner "having fun with it" but also from test drives.
3k over is still ok only if its never beed title before, which I think it is...all those MSRP crap is BS...they tell you MSRP to get you in the door, but once in, sorry can't do MSRP.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
3k over is still ok only if its never beed title before, which I think it is...all those MSRP crap is BS...they tell you MSRP to get you in the door, but once in, sorry can't do MSRP.
There is something called buyer's order.
Sponsored