Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have no issues paying a "small ADM" because you turn around and gouge those who buy on impulse and make money off of them. You were able to get 3 CTR's and had no intention of keeping them. The $1-2k you offered in ADM probably turned to $5-10K for the next buyer. It's no the price point, trust me. The Dodge Demon will be had for MSRP, good luck trying to flip that one.

Not saying you are wrong. If people a inpatient enough to pay ADM then make that money. Selling 3 Type R's for $10-20K over could be a whole years salary for some.

Again, I think the point of this thread is to inform people that CTR's are out there and what the ADM is being charged on those ADM's. Maybe someone who is willing to pay ADM can look at this thread and find the one they are looking for.
I guess I don't understand people who come here to a thread clearly labeled as being about naughty dealers charging ADM and then complaining about the people complaining about ADM in said thread..... Great, you are willing to pay ADM, find your car with ADM and be happy. Go start a thread, label it "I paid ADM and am happy" and play slap ass with each other.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Again, I think the point of this thread is to inform people that CTR's are out there and what the ADM is being charged on those ADM's. Maybe someone who is willing to pay ADM can look at this thread and find the one they are looking for.
That's actually what I'm hoping for lol. someone to post up an ADM that I am willing to pay and go buy that one.

Not sure why some of the current owners feel the need to come in here telling people it's worth the mark up. Do they feel the need to justify their ADM purchase? or want to feel they are better than the people here because they already own one? who knows. I personally don't understand the need to "bash" people because they aren't willing to pay a dime over msrp.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I rather pay 2500 in accessories instead of nothing.
Ideally sure. I would prefer that too. Most of the places that have ADM that I am willing to pay also has accessories added on also so it really sucks. Those overpriced accessories are still considered mark up to me.

I was already expecting a slight mark up and was already prepared to pay some mark up. But +15-20k on a 35k car is ridiculous.

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
Great post! Couldn't agree more. I personally had no issues paying a small ADM for 2 cars and sold both for more than I paid. Have a 3rd one now (white) that I'll probably keep. Maybe it's the price point on these that people have a problem paying ADM on them because there are plenty of high demand/low supply cars out there where ADM's are almost the norm and folks are fine with it. I would guess that most of the people here who are standing their ground don't have a car and won't for some time. I am moving on to a potentially highly profitable car, the Dodge Demon. Wait until you see the ADM's on that one over time. And to those people who won't have a CTR for a long time because you won't pay $1 over sticker, you're really missing out. This CTR is a blast to drive and worth every penny of the ADM.
Stop trying to justify paying ADM only because you payed that other people won't and in this thread nobody is willing to, so why bother trying to convince or troll people you're one of the reason the markets messed up for flipping them maybe you were forced to since your income probably isnt enough.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
Great post! Couldn't agree more. I personally had no issues paying a small ADM for 2 cars and sold both for more than I paid. Have a 3rd one now (white) that I'll probably keep. Maybe it's the price point on these that people have a problem paying ADM on them because there are plenty of high demand/low supply cars out there where ADM's are almost the norm and folks are fine with it. I would guess that most of the people here who are standing their ground don't have a car and won't for some time. I am moving on to a potentially highly profitable car, the Dodge Demon. Wait until you see the ADM's on that one over time. And to those people who won't have a CTR for a long time because you won't pay $1 over sticker, you're really missing out. This CTR is a blast to drive and worth every penny of the ADM.
Right, so we can call the entire 4 year model cycle based on the first month and a half of deliveries, even though Honda has explicitly stated that they are ramping up production to meet demand. Right. Make no mistake, you did well because you came into the market early when people were hungry for the car. No one has any idea of how long that will or will not last. If they tell you they do, they are lying.

And of the supposed "12 people left posting on this thread", many are actively contacting dealers every day, which is about as good an indication of the market as you can get.

As far as the Demon goes, it's a completely different situation. Far less production than the Type-R, and they are guaranteed classics, plus it's a far more expensive car to begin with.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I think it may be time for this thread to die.
Not yet

Just the bickering needs to stop altogether. Don't get why people can't work together rather than the people who own a Type R shit talk the ones that don't. Smh

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I should be doing that too. What have you found so far?
A lot of bullshit haha

No but in all seriousness, the thing I am seeing now is lower ADM's, at least in general. Also, I have seen SOME R's sitting on lots for a week before being sold. Granted they aren't flying out of showrooms same day, but they are still hot. Prices are trending in the right direction though.

secretaznman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ CRV & 17’ CTR #3284
Country flag
A lot of bullshit haha

No but in all seriousness, the thing I am seeing now is lower ADM's, at least in general. Also, I have seen SOME R's sitting on lots for a week before being sold. Granted they aren't flying out of showrooms same day, but they are still hot. Prices are trending in the right direction though.
Same here. I haven't contacted many dealers but most are asking 5-10k ADM here in the Pacific Northwest. But even the ones at 5k over are already taken. I don't want to pay ADM but now I'm debating if I should or just keep waiting it out for MSRP...

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same here. I haven't contacted many dealers but most are asking 5-10k ADM here in the Pacific Northwest. But even the ones at 5k over are already taken. I don't want to pay ADM but now I'm debating if I should or just keep waiting it out for MSRP...
If you and your finances are ok with paying ADM, then it really is a matter of do you want it that bad. If you refuse to pay ADM, then obviously waiting is the name of the game but you will eventually get one for that

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Not yet

Just the bickering needs to stop altogether. Don't get why people can't work together rather than the people who own a Type R shit talk the ones that don't. Smh
Agreed, I recently got mine at ~$1500 over MSRP, which I believe to be very reasonable as that met my absolute max I would've paid for this car ($40k OTD). If that wasn't the case, I would've just waited til next year and if prices weren't MSRP or close to it by then, then the car wasn't meant for me I guess.

From what I've seen, the people who already own the CTR and are talking shit are the ones who try to justify their more money than brains mentality when they spent a ridiculous ADM (>$5k). That being said, if $5k (or whatever more ADM you spent) means nothing to you, then more power to you. Still don't see why you need to talk shit about ones who don't have it because they refuse to pay ADM.
Sponsored