Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
My type r is going up for sale for charity. The buyer will receive a thank you letter from our 501c3 (white stag youth leadership program) with the receipt of purchase and the federal tax id #. Great opportunity if you want a tax write off. Specifics are: grey color, serial#735, 28 actual miles (purchased from dealership with 24), immaculate condition, and you know the rest. We would love to get $50K to help build a new dining hall at camp. Thanks!
First, this isn't really the place to post this, and second, I think you're a little late to the party to try and get that. But since it's for charity, I wish you the best of luck.
Sponsored

S&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itr
First, this isn't really the place to post this, and second, I think you're a little late to the party to try and get that. But since it's for charity, I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks, just throwing it out there.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I just spoke with a salesman and he actually called me back on his cell after we got off the phone to let me know the $10K ADM the dealer wants is negotiable on their Type R. The first car they got they wanted $20K ADM but ended up coming down to the $5K range. He was telling me the owner was getting antsy waiting for the car to sell and wanted to get off of it.

Very hard right now to be patient, but I think patience is worth it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just spoke with a salesman and he actually called me back on his cell after we got off the phone to let me know the $10K ADM the dealer wants is negotiable on their Type R. The first car they got they wanted $20K ADM but ended up coming down to the $5K range. He was telling me the owner was getting antsy waiting for the car to sell and wanted to get off of it.

Very hard right now to be patient, but I think patience is worth it.
hit him with the $1500 over sticker, if you are willing too. See if he really is antsy to get it gone

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
hit him with the $1500 over sticker, if you are willing too. See if he really is antsy to get it gone
Tried. They want negotiations in person. Can't make it down there today.

c0sm0s

the m0derater
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Honda Civic Type R #4026
Country flag
My type r is going up for sale for charity. The buyer will receive a thank you letter from our 501c3 (white stag youth leadership program) with the receipt of purchase and the federal tax id #. Great opportunity if you want a tax write off. Specifics are: grey color, serial#735, 28 actual miles (purchased from dealership with 24), immaculate condition, and you know the rest. We would love to get $50K to help build a new dining hall at camp. Thanks!
Got details for the auction. I would love to help out.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check this shit out

Freeway Honda had two Type R's as of last night when I called around 7:30pm, a CW and Black. They both were sold to the same family, and the dealership got both of them with ADM's lol.

To me that's insane.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Check this shit out

Freeway Honda had two Type R's as of last night when I called around 7:30pm, a CW and Black. They both were sold to the same family, and the dealership got both of them with ADM's lol.

To me that's insane.
I bet you that same "family" is going to put it on the Used Car Market to make money. There are more Used Type R's for sale around my area than new. The DEMAND is not coming from us regular consumers, meaning we arent rushing to dealers as soon as one lands. The Scalpers are out there snatching these up.

With that $5k ADM on the CTR they offered you. Tell them you'll go $5k over with Extended Warranty and Gap. Then go back next week and cancel that crap.

HondaCBX6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s: CTR, other non Honda’s. previous NSX, S2000’s, Ridgeline
Just checking in!

What are there 12 people left posting on this thread and almost all are shocked when another Type R sales somewhere in the country.

Stastics are a wonderful thing, if you slim down the sample size far enough, you can convince yourself that just about anything is right or wrong! It might be time to consider that the remaining group here is not an actual indication of the remaining market.

It would be a cool study to see the actual outcome of most people that posted on the 235 pages here are actual owners now, are waiting, or had no intentions to buy, just wanted to protest.

TypeRguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw M4
Just checking in!

What are there 12 people left posting on this thread and almost all are shocked when another Type R sales somewhere in the country.

Stastics are a wonderful thing, if you slim down the sample size far enough, you can convince yourself that just about anything is right or wrong! It might be time to consider that the remaining group here is not an actual indication of the remaining market.

It would be a cool study to see the actual outcome of most people that posted on the 235 pages here are actual owners now, are waiting, or had no intentions to buy, just wanted to protest.
Great post! Couldn't agree more. I personally had no issues paying a small ADM for 2 cars and sold both for more than I paid. Have a 3rd one now (white) that I'll probably keep. Maybe it's the price point on these that people have a problem paying ADM on them because there are plenty of high demand/low supply cars out there where ADM's are almost the norm and folks are fine with it. I would guess that most of the people here who are standing their ground don't have a car and won't for some time. I am moving on to a potentially highly profitable car, the Dodge Demon. Wait until you see the ADM's on that one over time. And to those people who won't have a CTR for a long time because you won't pay $1 over sticker, you're really missing out. This CTR is a blast to drive and worth every penny of the ADM.

teamgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t 2017 civic hatch ST
Country flag
It maybe fun to drive but to me honestly 10k is way to much for what you get, I would much rather add couple grand more an get the bmw m2 or a full loaded STI. Until the price goes down I'll keep enjoying my 2013 wrx hatchback and civic hatchback sport.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Great post! Couldn't agree more. I personally had no issues paying a small ADM for 2 cars and sold both for more than I paid. Have a 3rd one now (white) that I'll probably keep. Maybe it's the price point on these that people have a problem paying ADM on them because there are plenty of high demand/low supply cars out there where ADM's are almost the norm and folks are fine with it. I would guess that most of the people here who are standing their ground don't have a car and won't for some time. I am moving on to a potentially highly profitable car, the Dodge Demon. Wait until you see the ADM's on that one over time. And to those people who won't have a CTR for a long time because you won't pay $1 over sticker, you're really missing out. This CTR is a blast to drive and worth every penny of the ADM.
I wouldn't doubt that it may be a blast to drive but not sure about being worth every penny of the 10k ADM that people are paying. I've posted that I will pay some ADM but I already own cars that are a blast to drive for me so I am in no hurry to pay 10k+ ADM for it.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
You have no issues paying a "small ADM" because you turn around and gouge those who buy on impulse and make money off of them. You were able to get 3 CTR's and had no intention of keeping them. The $1-2k you offered in ADM probably turned to $5-10K for the next buyer. It's not the price point, trust me. The Dodge Demon will be had for MSRP, good luck trying to flip that one.

Not saying you are wrong. If people a impatient enough to pay ADM then make that money. Selling 3 Type R's for $10-20K over could be a whole years salary for some.

Again, I think the point of this thread is to inform people that CTR's are out there and what the ADM is being charged on those CTRs. Maybe someone who is willing to pay ADM can look at this thread and find the one they are looking for.
Sponsored

Last edited: