Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
i mean theres no ctr hate here. just because we're not willing to pay adm doesnt mean we are looking down on those who are. but there are a couple of members i wont name in the last 5 pages who need to get off their high horse about owning a CTR before the rest of us. obviously we want the car, we're here on the fucking forums, and out searching for them. we all have our target price points, and believe it or not there are actually cars other than the type R that are fun to drive. stop fighting like you've never been on a fucking car forum before or never owned more than 1 car. christ.
Don't worry about it. The situation will be completely different a year from now when the new car feeling has worn off for them, and the reality of $5-20k gone for nothing sets in. To me, there is absolutely no reason not to wait. It's a fact that they are not stopping production. If anything, they are ramping it up. So, one way or another, there will be more cars. Even if production stayed the same (which it's not), there will be more cars.

So even if something falls through on the MSRP deposit I have down (which I doubt), and I end up paying some kind of markup a year from now... I HAVE LOST NOTHING! It's still the same car a year from now as it is now. Basically, you are paying $5k-$20k to lease the car for a year. That's a terrible deal if you ask me. If you don't believe me, go look at lease rates on M3s and 911s and see if you paid less.

But, despite all of this, believe it or not, I could care less if someone else paid ADM or didn't pay ADM. It's their money! I have enough other crap to worry about in my life than to spend time worrying about how other people spend their money. People need to get over it. A car is worth exactly what one person is willing to pay for it. Whether that's $5k under MSRP, or $50k over, if it's worth that to them, then so be it.
Sponsored

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
I don't have a problem paying $40K+ for a vehicle like I did for my Ridgeline. But, the Ridgeline is a whole lot "more" vehicle than a CTR. I didn't mind paying MSRP for a Civic Si two months ago - even though they can now be had for $1,000-$1,500 below that. What I can't bring myself to do is pay more than MSRP for anything. If and when the CTR is reasonably available at or below MSRP, I'm apt to bring one home. Until then, I'll just sit here and watch other people overpay. If the CTR never goes comes down to or below MSRP (which is possible), then that's one vehicle I'll never own. :)
Spoken like a well adjusted person who doesn't need a car to impress other people.

NV US

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Honda - Yellow Honda
Spoken like a well adjusted person who doesn't need a car to impress other people.
Hey! Some of us live in areas where impressing others or giving the illusion of success is a top priority! Like swinging on a porch deck is normal to some, throwing on designer labels and driving cars we can't afford, is normal to others! :)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
You know it's bad right now when the first thing a car enthusiast person wonders when they see a Type R on the road is how much they paid and not how it performs.

There are people willing to pay top dollar to be one of the first to own it. Happens with everything, not just cars. Good for them if they can and want to.
The thing I don't get is why the people who was able to own it first feel like they are superior over the people who are still waiting to obtain one.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Hey! Some of us live in areas where impressing others or giving the illusion of success is a top priority! Like swinging on a porch deck is normal to some, throwing on designer labels and driving cars we can't afford, is normal to others! :)
Back when I cared about impressing others, I couldn't afford the impressive things. Now that I can afford the impressive things, I don't give a damn what others think.

I have friends and neighbors with McMansions littered with multiple vehicles, boats, RVs, ATVs, jet-skis, an arsenal of firearms, pools/spas, etc. who are less than one paycheck away from bankruptcy.

I don't have a 5,000 sq. ft. house or a 5-car garage filled with new BMWs, but I do have a two new Hondas that were both paid for in cash...and an emergency fund. :)

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Just to clear shit up on my end, I have paid ADM for cars in the past. Now that I am married, have a daughter on the way (due in October), and have just bought a home for my family, I try to save as much money as possible on things that I don't specifically need. Now, that doesn't mean I am a "cheap ass" or that I can't afford this car because I EASILY can. What it does mean is that I am trying to be a sensible adult and put my family before a want that I have.

To those that paid ADM, like I said before, it's your money. Is it something I would have done in the past, probably. But now, I have different priorities. Me personally, any ADM is an overpayment, ESPECIALLY for a car. I can see maybe 1-2K in CERTAIN situations, but, paying 10K or even 20K is nuts which I am sure most people will agree. This car is a WANT and not a NEED. I am still actively searching for one as I write this, but patience pays off. I fully expect supply to catch up with demand, and when it does, that is when I will buy.

Pielo7

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Luxury and priority something that some adults still don't understand[
Just to clear shit up on my end, I have paid ADM for cars in the past. Now that I am married, have a daughter on the way (due in October), and have just bought a home for my family, I try to save as much money as possible on things that I don't specifically need. Now, that doesn't mean I am a "cheap ass" or that I can't afford this car because I EASILY can. What it does mean is that I am trying to be a sensible adult and put my family before a want that I have.

To those that paid ADM, like I said before, it's your money. Is it something I would have done in the past, probably. But now, I have different priorities. Me personally, any ADM is an overpayment, ESPECIALLY for a car. I can see maybe 1-2K in CERTAIN situations, but, paying 10K or even 20K is nuts which I am sure most people will agree. This car is a WANT and not a NEED. I am still actively searching for one as I write this, but patience pays off. I fully expect supply to catch up with demand, and when it does, that is when I will buy.[/QUOTE
Luxury and priority something that some adults still don't understand

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I don't have a problem paying $40K+ for a vehicle like I did for my Ridgeline. But, the Ridgeline is a whole lot "more" vehicle than a CTR. I didn't mind paying MSRP for a Civic Si two months ago - even though they can now be had for $1,000-$1,500 below that. What I can't bring myself to do is pay more than MSRP for anything. If and when the CTR is reasonably available at or below MSRP, I'm apt to bring one home. Until then, I'll just sit here and watch other people overpay. If the CTR never goes comes down to or below MSRP (which is possible), then that's one vehicle I'll never own. :)
Right, that is a good way of looking at this...it's the fact that some of these guys are calling people dumbasses or "fanboy" for paying ADM that's erking me. I don't look down on people period! Especially when it comes to ADM. So I think people on both sides have to tone down the name calling a bit. If someone what's to pay, let them.. If someone wants to wait, I'm good with that too. What myself and probably couple other forum members is simply saying this car was worth what we've paid, and for those who can't wait anymore, find the lowest ADM and suck it up. We say this is not because we're assholes (and want others to blow their hard earned $$$), it's because we're agreed with everything that we've read about in the pass 4-5 months, and that come on guys, hurry up and join us.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Right, that is a good way of looking at this...it's the fact that some of these guys are calling people dumbasses or "fanboy" for paying ADM that's erking me. I don't look down on people period! Especially when it comes to ADM. So I think people on both sides have to tone down the name calling a bit. If someone what's to pay, let them.. If someone wants to wait, I'm good with that too. What myself and probably couple other forum members is simply saying this car was worth what we've paid, and for those who can't wait anymore, find the lowest ADM and suck it up. We say this is not because we're assholes (and want others to blow their hard earned $$$), it's because we're agreed with everything that we've read about in the pass 4-5 months, and that come on guys, hurry up and join us.
I don't think anyone has called anyone a "dumb ass or fan boy" in this thread. What we have said is the excuse to pay ADM is just not there. It's only a hand full that have come out and said they paid ADM because they just wanted the car now. Most are paying ADM because of this belief that it's "limited" and the ADM will never come off when history has shown that ADM does not last. That is all. This thread is here to help both those who want to pay ADM and those who don't. We post the ADM's am I'm sure if someone wants to pay it they will call the dealer. I see nothing wrong with this thread at all.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
it's the fact that some of these guys are calling people dumbasses or "fanboy" for paying ADM that's erking me.
I mean, I can careless what others think of me. They can think i'm a fanboy or a dumbass all they want lol. They ain't the one paying for it or driving it.

All I see right now is people trying to justify their ADM purchase or people trying to justify their reason for waiting. To me, the car is worth <40k. If I can get it for around that price great. Unfortunately, the typical mark up currently around my area is 10-15k and it sure as hell ain't worth 45-50k to me.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
I don't think anyone has called anyone a "dumb ass or fan boy" in this thread. What we have said is the excuse to pay ADM is just not there. It's only a hand full that have come out and said they paid ADM because they just wanted the car now. Most are paying ADM because of this belief that it's "limited" and the ADM will never come off when history has shown that ADM does not last. That is all. This thread is here to help both those who want to pay ADM and those who don't. We post the ADM's am I'm sure if someone wants to pay it they will call the dealer. I see nothing wrong with this thread at all.
Nobody has called anyone a dumbass for paying ADM, but us collectively that don't want to pay ADM have been called cheap asses.
Sponsored