Honda Civic Towing ?!?!?

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Definitely will not be towing anything too serious. A few odds and ends from Home Depot, things to the dump, christmas tree to the house etc... Nothing long distance, and having the 6MT is a plus!
I installed a trailer hitch and plug & play connections wires. My trailer is a 4X6, I use it for small things like you mentioned above.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Awesome! Thank you! Could you help me out on picking the right ball mount... Also, I wouldn't mind a link to the wiring you used.https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Ball_Mounts-sf-Fixed_Ball_Mount-hs-Fits_1~1|4_Inch_Hitch-sz-Class_I.aspx
The trailer hitch is a Draw Tite item: 24954. (you have to remove your bumper to install, very easy to install also)
Here's a picture of what I have for the ball mount, it depends of the height of your trailer, but this one should be average height.
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Towing ?!?!? Ball Mount.JPG

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The trailer hitch is a Draw Tite item: 24954. (you have to remove your bumper to install, very easy to install also)
Here's a picture of what I have for the ball mount, it depends of the height of your trailer, but this one should be average height.
Ball Mount.JPG
You Sir, are a good man! I really appreciate it.

raywood

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
I used a stock 1992 Honda Civic to tow a U-Haul 5x8 trailer, fully loaded with household goods including some heavy items, for up to 1,300 miles. The hitch was installed by U-Haul, bolted to the frame (such as it is). Not sure if more recent model years are constructed the same. The car had no problems, noticed no consequences later. With the trailer connected, the hitch would scrape bottom when I tried going up ramps etc.; I had to be a little careful about nonflat surfaces of that nature.

I'd be interested in knowing whether a more recent (e.g., 2015) CR-V would have at least the same towing capacity. I think the rating is higher than a Civic; I'm wondering about real-world experience.

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Civic is not recommended for towing, I have a small trailer which I use only for transporting light stuff. Specially with a CVT transmission I wouldn't take any chance to tow heavy stuff.
Sponsored