First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fortuner
Country flag
Hello everyone,,

I just test drove both cars today and found the Sport version to have noticeably more acceleration. It felt a lot more fun to drive https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ .

Honda's website gives the sport version 180 Hp, and the EX model 174 hp. It credits the difference to a dual-port exhaust system. However, I'm surprised I was able to feel the difference at all when it's only a 6 hp gain.

Hoping maybe as Honda Civics enthusiasts you guys might be able to help shine some light on why.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Eco mode makes a big difference, other than that there's not really a difference between the two engines.

Klap1986

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone,,

I just test drove both cars today and found the Sport version to have noticeably more acceleration. It felt a lot more fun to drive.

Honda's website gives the sport version 180 Hp, and the EX model 174 hp. It credits the difference to a dual-port exhaust system. However, I'm surprised I was able to feel the difference at all when it's only a 6 hp gain.

Hoping maybe as Honda Civics enthusiasts you guys might be able to help shine some light on why.
My ex is definitely faster after i put the stage 2 starter base map ,the 21 psi tune is the best and really woke the car up.i only got the ktuner cause the car fely sluggish with the cvt but now my ex getts up like no other.The only thing is i wish my ex was a manual cause i really don't care for the cvt.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Hello everyone,,

I just test drove both cars today and found the Sport version to have noticeably more acceleration. It felt a lot more fun to drive.

my guess is the Sport had 93 octane and the EX had 87. That makes a significant difference in the Sport. Makes it feel more alive.

gdagreat

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic ex hatchback
Country flag
put the ex in sport mode, you'll notice the difference

jtrader

First Name
James