Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT Gas Reduction?

RedPuhda

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys, I bought my 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT last December and I love it so far, first time driving a manual ever. Recently I noticed that when I fill up gas it is now less miles. I used to be able to get 410-416 miles per full tank. Now when I pour gas, it goes up to 390-395. Any reason for this issue? My gas mileage has also gone down from 36.8 mpg to 33.7 mpg. I am driving in economy mode most of the time and I'm driving at the gear/rpm ratio. I really don't speed with this car either. The only difference between these timeframe is that I did the most recent oil change while the first time was with Honda Service. I used Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 0-20W and Ultra Fram Oil Filter.

Has anyone had issues like this? Should I take this to the honda center and have this issue addressed? Thanks for reading and open to any suggestions/thoughts/comments.
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO is it not you oil or oil filter.
Did you use gas at same places ?

I never check how many miles / tank I do. Car running fine, that's enough.

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Starting to get cool again. Should be able to get better miles when the weather starts to cool down. Intercooler/Turbo is much happier with cooler weather.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may want to check your wheel alignment, my car started getting horrible gas mileage and when I had the alignment checked all 4 wheels were out of alignment or could be a filter needs to be changed out.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You may want to check your wheel alignment, my car started getting horrible gas mileage and when I had the alignment checked all 4 wheels were out of alignment or could be a filter needs to be changed out.

A 2019 car who need wheels alignment ? Poor driving must show that and or driver should know he drive on lots of pots holes

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Los Angeles freeways have potholes and seem to be constantly under construction and a lot of streets have humps/bumps to slow down drivers. I had my car for about 2.5 years before I had my wheels checked. Also if your cabin air filter needs to be replaced, it can force the A/C to work harder taking away your gas mileage. Also check the air pressure in your tires.

OP
OP

RedPuhda

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO is it not you oil or oil filter.
Did you use gas at same places ?

I never check how many miles / tank I do. Car running fine, that's enough.
Yeah! Used the same gas at the same station. Thanks, its just a habit of mine to checked how tank lol. Im just shocked that it has gone down a full 25 miles which is close to gallon of gas.

OP
OP

RedPuhda

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Los Angeles freeways have potholes and seem to be constantly under construction and a lot of streets have humps/bumps to slow down drivers. I had my car for about 2.5 years before I had my wheels checked. Also if your cabin air filter needs to be replaced, it can force the A/C to work harder taking away your gas mileage. Also check the air pressure in your tires.
Thank you for your suggestion! I''ll look it a air filter. Those are suppose to be changed every 10k miles? or is it more/less. Ill check them pressures too! Since its getting colder

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for your suggestion! I''ll look it a air filter. Those are suppose to be changed every 10k miles? or is it more/less. r
It is case by case, my air filter last 18K miles

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The range number is just a calculation based on the mpg you are getting in the trip counter that is displayed. Reset trip A and head out on the highway and you’ll see it go up again. It’s just a suggestion based off the fuel economy you're getting currently.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The time to change out the cabin air filter can vary based on the air quality where you live. Where I live there is a lot of dust and small debris in the air so it gets sucked into the cabin air filter. It is surprising how much crap is caught by the cabin air filter. At least it is somewhat easy to change it out.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The time to change out the cabin air filter can vary based on the air quality where you live. Where I live there is a lot of dust and small debris in the air so it gets sucked into the cabin air filter. It is surprising how much crap is caught by the cabin air filter. At least it is somewhat easy to change it out.

Cabin air filter :doh:to save mileage ?

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the cabin air filter is clogged, it will cause the A/C to work harder which in turn will effect your gas mileage. Granted it will not be as huge as low air in your tires, but it will effect your gas mileage and put a strain on your A/C.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the cabin air filter is clogged, it will cause the A/C to work harder which in turn will effect your gas mileage. Granted it will not be as huge as low air in your tires, but it will effect your gas mileage and put a strain on your A/C.
I desagree, same if you drive with your 300 lbs mother in law ...

You could be right if OP drive A/C full power for many hours and each day . I guess nobody do that.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When you run the A/C in recirculating mode it is more efficient in cooling your car but it does a minor hit on your engine. If your A/C is struggling to suck air through the Cabin Air filter, it has to get more power from your engine.
Here in LA when summer temps get to 95 degrees or higher and your car's interior gets to over 100 degrees you betcha you run your A/C at 100% until the car is cool then you lower it but you are still running your A/C higher then you do in the Spring or Fall. A/Cs have gotten more efficient but they still pull power from the engine when at normal working mode and do effect your gas mileage not as extreme as flat tire does.
Sponsored