2jzjosh

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
I have a 2018 Honda Civic LX with a NON push button start. I have a spare key thats not connected yet but i don’t know how. Ive watched plenty of youtube videos on how to do it, tried , but failed. Anyone know how to program it without going to the dealer and spending $100

the one on the right works n the one on the left doesnt

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda civic spare key image
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The service manual specifies it has to be done with an HDS. There is no alternate method provided by Honda.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait so they gave you 2 keys with the car but only one works? That shouldn't be...they should both be activated at the dealership...if that's the case you have all you rights to ask them and not pay a dime for this.

All my civics always came with 2 set of keys and they always both work 100%.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Wait so they gave you 2 keys with the car but only one works? That shouldn't be...they should both be activated at the dealership...if that's the case you have all you rights to ask them and not pay a dime for this.

All my civics always came with 2 set of keys and they always both work 100%.
Agreed. @ OP, it could also possibly be a bad/defective battery.. not likely, just a possibility

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
If it came with the car, yes it should be programmed already. If it doesn't work, try replacing the battery, they definitely do die over time. If it still doesn't work anymore, have to go to the dealership.

If you replaced it and that's the replacement, no you can't program it without going to dealership.
Sponsored