Honda Civic Si Wikipedia article changed

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
He's clearly taken it as a personal vendetta lol. I've backed up the code and can simply overwrite future edits if needed.

Eventually we can move the details to respective Civic pages. But he'll be facing a lot of resistance until that time. :cool:
Sponsored

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noticed he labeled the entry as “flagged for incompetence“. Even called us out as a group. Bit high and mighty he is.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I think he means the incompetence of the Wiki members lol.

The page looks like it has the proper blessing and shouldn't get many more grievances. But I'm sure a few of us will be keeping tabs. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
zroger73

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Somewhat off-topic, but check out the Honda Ridgeline Wikipedia page. So detailed . . .
I think we can probably thank @zroger73 for that!
Although myself and a few others have made some contributions to the Ridgeline's Wikipedia page, user McChizzle at the Ridgeline Owner's Club deserves most of the credit for that one. Several years ago, I had corrected some information on the Ridgeline's Wikipedia page back when it was in its infancy only to have it deleted and later vandalized by Wikipedia user CZmarlin. That was about the time that ROC user McChizzle began a long, passionate endeavor to clean up and grow the Ridgeline's Wikipedia page. He's put forth an exceptional amount of labor into it.

https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com...scussions/9911-ridgeline-entry-wikipedia.html

There was even a very nice article on Jalopnik about the Ridgeline's wildly-detailed Wikipedia page following an interview with McChizzle by the author, David Tracy.

https://jalopnik.com/the-story-behind-the-honda-ridgelines-wildly-unusually-1821813634

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We should find all his stuff on wiki and delete it #petty
Mr. Choppers.... seems to have posted a lot of things over time. Get him!!!! Haha
In case you don’t know how to search for him.... in search bar-> user:Mr. Choppers
While I don't appreciate the deletions of all of the info OP included, and as funny as I think it is to wage war against a wiki troll, I can't personally condone any hostile actions against anyone in any manner.

We as a community have to rise above such childish immature behavior. We have to be better than the trolls.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've been discussing this over the last week or so with Mr. Choppers and Toasted over on the Civic Si wiki talk page. While I don't fully agree with everything they are saying (namely that [in summary] they do not believe the Civic Si page should be fleshed out further) I am attempting to play nice. I've added additional details on the 10th gen Si to the main civic article in the appropriate section. I plan to continue to flesh out this section on the Si, if they are so adament not to let the dedicated Si page be added to.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've been discussing this over the last week or so with Mr. Choppers and Toasted over on the Civic Si wiki talk page. While I don't fully agree with everything they are saying (namely that [in summary] they do not believe the Civic Si page should be fleshed out further) I am attempting to play nice. I've added additional details on the 10th gen Si to the main civic article in the appropriate section. I plan to continue to flesh out this section on the Si, if they are so adament not to let the dedicated Si page be added to.
I guess what I don’t understand is why anyone is opposed to more information and/or fleshing out...? Isn’t that the point of Wikipedia? To be able to deep dive to get all the info you could possibly want on a subject? If this were an old school World Book encyclopedia maybe I could rationalize it as needing to meet some arbitrary page limit for publishing reasons. But last I checked, Wikipedia was still online and not sitting on my parents bookshelf.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked it again and wow, is it sad. It might as well say that the Si is just a dealer installed sticker package...

Here’s a link to the page itself:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Si

And this is literally all there is (as of this post):
The 2017 Honda Civic Si (10th Generation) was revealed in a live YouTube broadcast on April 6, 2017. It is powered by a more powerful version of the turbocharged 1.5L turbocharged four-cylinder engine used in other Civics. It went on sale during May 2017 in the United States as either a coupe or sedan.

:eek:

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Last year, I spent a good deal of time gathering up all the changes that made the 2017 Si different from the EX-T. This list of changes was gathered from various sources including technical presentations that were not made available to the general public and went above and behind what is listed in the brochure and on Honda's website.

It appears that on April 22, 2018, Wikipedia user "Mr.chopper" deleted all this information saying that it was "not a shopping guide".

Here's the version before he removed my content:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Honda_Civic_Si&oldid=837619897

Here's the current version:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Civic_Si

I know very little about how Wikipedia works. I don't agree with this user's removal of my work since it was a comprehensive list of technical changes that make the Si unique, not a "shopping guide". Since the Wikipedia article is about the Honda Civic Si, I feel that this information is useful and appreciated by Honda Civic Si owners and should not have been removed. I can restore it, but it's likely to be removed again.

Anyone Wikipedia experts have any suggestions on how to challenge this user's edits?

Welcome too the 21st century, Censorship is running rampant.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
The 2017 Honda Civic Si was revealed in a live YouTube broadcast on April 6, 2017. It is powered by a more powerful version of the turbocharged 1.5L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine used in other Civics.

The 2017 Honda Civic Si is based on the EX-T sedan and coupe with the following differences:

• engine output increased to 205 HP @ 5,700 RPM (SAE net) and 192 lb-ft torque @ 2,100-5,000 RPM (SAE net)
  • higher maximum boost pressure (20.3 vs. 16.5 PSI)
  • lower compression ratio (10.3:1 vs. 10.6:1)
  • higher-capacity MHI TD025 turbocharger (9-vane vs. 11-vane)
  • helical limited-slip differential
  • larger front brake rotors (12.3" vs. 11.1" vented front and 11.1" vs. 10.2" solid rear)
  • two-mode damper system with normal and firm settings
  • SPORT mode replaces ECON mode - increases suspension damping, reduces power steering assist, increases throttle sensitivity, and raises the activation threshold of the Vehicle Stability Assist system
  • 235/40R18 91W tires vs. 215/50R17 91H
  • 7% stiffer front spring rate
  • 18% stiffer front upper damper mounts
  • 7% stiffer front stabilizer bar rate
  • 32% stiffer rear spring rate
  • Solid vs. fluid-filled front and rear compliance bushings (rear shared with the Type R)
  • High-stiffness rear upper control arms (shared with the Type R)
  • 26% stiffer rear stabilizer bar rate
  • Si-specific seats with thicker side bolsters, non-adjustable headrests, and stitched "Si" logos
  • red interior stitching, gauges, and Display Audio color scheme
  • black headliner and pillar trim vs. gray in EX-T
  • front and rear facias similar to the hatchback
  • center-mounted polygonal exhaust outlet
  • higher-flowing intake system
  • 23% higher-flowing exhaust system
  • aluminum clutch, brake, and accelerator pedals
  • carbon fiber-look interior trim
  • 10% shorter shifter throw
  • leather-wrapped, aluminum shift knob
  • revised shift linkage
  • increased rigidity of shifter bracket mount
  • 450-watt audio system (same as EX-T coupe vs. 180-watt in EX-T sedan)
  • additional items in Driver Information Display including G-force meter, turbo boost gauge with PSI indication, lap timer, throttle percentage, and brake pressure
  • leather-wrapped steering wheel, shift boot, and shift knob
  • premium fuel recommended
  • tire repair kit including sealant and a 12-volt inflator replaces the compact, temporary spare
  • vanity mirrors are non-illuminated vs. illuminated
  • EPA fuel economy ratings of 28/38/32 city/highway/combined vs. 31/42/35
Exterior colors include Aegean Blue Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Rallye Red, White Orchid Pearl, and Energy Green Pearl (coupe only). The only interior color is black with red accents. Features that are new to the Si for the first time include dual-mode dampers, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated front seats, electronic parking brake, walk-away auto door locking, and a 7" touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Factory-equipped navigation is no longer available.

The Si went on sale during May 2017 in the United States with an MSRP of $24,775 for either the coupe or sedan. The sole factory option is summer tires for an additional $200.