Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hyundai's N cars are legit. I mean, the guy designing the stuff ran BMW's M division.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I briefly watched the racing parts of the video and nothing else, but what is the debate about or where was this question ever asked? Stock v Stock, Veloster N has about 50 more HP off the lot and 75 more hp depending if they have the performance package or not.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I briefly watched the racing parts of the video and nothing else, but what is the debate about or where was this question ever asked? Stock v Stock, Veloster N has about 50 more HP off the lot and 75 more hp depending if they have the performance package or not.
Im pretty sure the majority of Si owners have the Stage 1 tune along with a few bolt ons and that was the question of whether a stock Veloster N is faster than an Si with Stage 1, but if it was the non-performance package the Si would've won all 3 races

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Im pretty sure the majority of Si owners have the Stage 1 tune along with a few bolt ons and that was the question of whether a stock Veloster N is faster than an Si with Stage 1, but if it was the non-performance package the Si would've won all 3 races
ooooooh okay. I just hadn't seen any of those threads or anything since joining the forum. That makes sense though.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I like the looks of the VN, especially in the light blue color, I just couldn't deal with the size and 3-door thing. Why they don't bring us the i30N is beyond me. I'm not sure how much aftermarket support there is for any Hyundai, which could definitely be a downside though.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I like the looks of the VN, especially in the light blue color, I just couldn't deal with the size and 3-door thing. Why they don't bring us the i30N is beyond me. I'm not sure how much aftermarket support there is for any Hyundai, which could definitely be a downside though.
I've run a Hyundai based forum for nearly 20 years. Aftermarket support is actually quite good. Not Honda good, but better then you'd expect.

Here's one of the well known specialty Korean car aftermarket companies:
https://sharkracing.com/veloster-2019-js/?sort=featured&page=1

Then you have most of the major perfomance parts companies doing stuff for Hyundai. I know people are shocked to hear I had over 25,000 members at my ElantraClub site back in the day. Yes, there are Hyundai enthusiasts.

If you look at some of what folks do with their Kias and Hyundais in Korea it's quite amazing.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ko&sp=nmt4&u=https://www.bobaedream.co.kr/cyber/CyberCar_view.php?no=732889&gubun=K&usg=ALkJrhgLf7EL7xy2GNUbQFWzbLNtjMm5WA

Yep. That's an Optima.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Si VS Veloster N img_732889_1

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
That's good to hear. Regardless of auto manufacturer, competition and aftermarket support is good for everyone.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I like the N’s performance, but not a car I would want to own due to looks. I think that’s the reason a lot of us wouldn’t buy one.
I despised them at first, but they have kinda grown on me. Also the fact that it comes with an amazing stock exhaust and factory anti-lag is just incredible. Hyundai went all out on it. Like i don't understand how their 4 cylinder sounds way better than the Type-R's

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s pretty close between the two. I don’t know if it’s shifting style or some rolling anti-lag (hence the pops the N makes) but that thing holds momentum on shifts very well.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
i think Hyundai knew the new gen Elantra N sedan was coming so not much point bringing the less popular 5 door body style. But I wonder if a Veloster N would really outsell an i30N? the 3 door hatch is an even less popular body style.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Slow down young fella, no debate here. Just posted a video :)

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I believe it was the non performance package (250 hp). His only mod was an air intake, maybe adding 10 more hp

OP
OP
HondaFanz2018

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I despised them at first, but they have kinda grown on me. Also the fact that it comes with an amazing stock exhaust and factory anti-lag is just incredible. Hyundai went all out on it. Like i don't understand how their 4 cylinder sounds way better than the Type-R's
A combo of tuning and the exhaust. The interior is minimalist (an understatement), they put all their money in engine, drive train and chassis as well as exhaust. I sat in one, and as a daily driver they would be comfortable enough, but any trip longer than an hour I probably wouldn't want to be in that cabin. Almost bought one, but there were none available at the time. The Si's interior is way more comfortable
Sponsored