First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 2016
Country flag
Hi,
I'm recently just got into cars and got my first car is an Australian Honda Civic RS 2016 1.5 Turbo which is Honda Civic Si in some other countries.
I want to know the process of modding the car. I just modded the car with Cold Air Intake, Cat-back exhaust . My friends mentioned about bolt on modding for Civic when I went to the Honda Meetup Sydney and I'm not very sure what mods I should install to my car.
Thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
take the blow off..............off.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
If your car is a hatchback, then it is not an Si. Also the Si has 153kw of power.

Our favorite, easiest, and most productive mod. is to reprogram the Engine Control Computer Unit (ECU). Bolt on's help but can cause other problems.

Down pipes are the most common first mod. Catted and uncatted. Then next popular is Cold Air Induction (CAI). Both can play havoc with your Engine control computer if it isn't reprogrammed. Lowering the car seems to yield other minor but pesky problems.

Lighter wheels and tires seems to be a safe and effective performance booster, though expensive.

I'm not sure about Aussie suppliers, but the list of sponsors of this forum will yield a large choice of bolt on choices.

Including "blow off valves" which confuse and defeat the fuel mixture calculations on this version of the Earth Dreams engine.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I will strongly agree with the above member @repeet . Tune the ECU with Ktuner or Hondata (I prefer Ktuner) if available in Australia. I used Ktuner with TSP's stage 1 tune which gave me an additional available 55 whp. Stay away from bolt-on's unless you know what you are doing. Bolt-on's require custom tunes, and you are only heading down a rabbit hole IMHO. Better, lighter tires will give you better performance, and BOV's....I can only say stay away from those. Again this is my humble opinion

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you have more fun by pinning the gas pedal down during straight line pulls or throwing the car around in twisties like a gokart?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,
I'm recently just got into cars and got my first car is an Australian Honda Civic RS 2016 1.5 Turbo which is Honda Civic Si in some other countries.
I want to know the process of modding the car. I just modded the car with Cold Air Intake, Cat-back exhaust . My friends mentioned about bolt on modding for Civic when I went to the Honda Meetup Sydney and I'm not very sure what mods I should install to my car.
Thank you
Hey, welcome to the forum! Having been to Asia and seen the Civic RS myself I can clarify that the RS is a sport package on a 1.5T rather than a fully fledged Si...nothing wrong with that however, it comes pretty well equipped :)

For the North Americans, here's what they get down under, and that orange color is so cool!

Anyways, in terms of modifications I would just take your car down to a local parts supplier, and get a Hondata or Ktuner base flash tune for additional daily driver friendly power.

However, I still maintain that it's more fun modifying the suspension and chassis on this vehicle so first order should be a lighter set of wheels with grippy summer tires. Secondly, support your local AU folks, and get all the Whiteline goodies! Lastly, find the local authorized dealer for Ultra Racing and get their chassis bracing items!

https://www.whiteline.com.au/do_seg...inal=CIVIC+FC,+FK+INCL+RS,+SI&vehicle=2016-ON

https://ultraracingaustralia.com.au/
Sponsored