Barmour96

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Hey everyone, new to the site thought this would be the place to come to ask some experts about stuff I'd like to do to my car and learn a little about cars in the process if possible. Currently own a 2016 Honda Civic Ex-T, was looking for some advice/information on an exhaust system upgrade (currently stock) and any other things that could benefit/extend the life of my vehicles. Disclaimer, I know dick all about cars. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think in general, any mechanical mods are going to decrease the life of your vehicle, which might mean instead of your car (arbitrarily) lasting 300k miles it will only last 275k miles or something. Even appearance mods can have a minuscule effect on lifespan, as drilling holes can lead to earlier rusting and sticking stuff on might effect your paint down the road. So honestly, if your main concern is having this car last as long as possible, the best thing to do would be leave it stock and make sure it is well maintained.
On the flip side, if your goal is to increase the enjoyment of driving your car, then you've come to the right place.

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Read a ton here. Consider your goals, finances, and needs as they all have pros and cons. Also consider your driving style......it will help make decisions on your potential build. Enjoy!

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone, new to the site thought this would be the place to come to ask some experts about stuff I'd like to do to my car and learn a little about cars in the process if possible. Currently own a 2016 Honda Civic Ex-T, was looking for some advice/information on an exhaust system upgrade (currently stock) and any other things that could benefit/extend the life of my vehicles. Disclaimer, I know dick all about cars. Thanks in advance
Intake/Exhaust = Sound, very little performance gain
KTuner = biggest difference in performance of your car
Lowering Springs/Coilovers = make your car handle different if that's what you want
Tires = Good investment as it deals not only with how power is put to the ground, but also how well your car comes to a stop.

However, with increase in power usually = decrease in overall lifespan of your vehicle.
Sponsored