Honda Civic Hatchback prototype to debut at Geneva!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My guess is the hatchback will be available in the US in the beginning of 2017, the Civic SI in spring 2017, with the Type R following late summer/early fall 2017??
My thought was that we'd see the Si before Fall of this year, before the hatch and type R are released since the Si will be the coupe and sedan already in production.
Sponsored

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
This prototype looks so aggressive even in the dark like that. Hope it keeps the center exhaust, roof spoiler, and some of that fancy bodywork. Please don't hide the exhaust!
Also a good sign that Honda might really be going for an enthusiast hot hatch with the exhaust showing like that. I can't wait to see this thing. :headbang:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
My thought was that we'd see the Si before Fall of this year, before the hatch and type R are released since the Si will be the coupe and sedan already in production.
This is my thought as well. Late Fall or early Spring, with the hatch to follow shortly after.

Spy shot looks nice. I don't expect them to keep the twin exhaust on anything except their performance trims.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is my thought as well. Late Fall or early Spring, with the hatch to follow shortly after.

Spy shot looks nice. I don't expect them to keep the twin exhaust on anything except their performance trims.
Yea, from everything we've heard, the Si would be released the same time as the 2017 models, which would be Fall of this year (october-november).

The hatch would release then later 2017, possibly spring/summer with the Type R coming shortly after that. The Euro 9th gen hatch is reaching the end of it's lifespan by the end of this year, so the new hatches will have to come soon after that.

Since honda called this a prototype, i'm wondering if it's more concept car than production ready, hence the exhaust showing, unless they're unveiling the hatch in Type R guise and leaving us to dumb it down for the regular hatch variant for a while longer. Most likely only the Si and Type R will have an exhaust that shows, since the base coupe and sedan both hide their exhaust (because green thinking?)

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I think the Euro market will get a performance version of the hatch with a higher output 1.5T. In that case I could see the twin exhaust (or something similar) being retained.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the Euro market will get a performance version of the hatch with a higher output 1.5T. In that case I could see the twin exhaust (or something similar) being retained.
True, we have to remember they're showing off possibly what will be the Euro spec model of this car. Which i think we've seen comes with a higher tuned 1.5T (201 hp) which is kind of their in between model from base to type R similar to our Si (usually marketed there as Type S)

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Here is a comparison to the Sedan. It looks like the side windows are angled more on the hatchback, making both the roof and back window narrower. If this is what the production hatchback would look like, then it is a much different design from the Sedan and Coupe.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Hatchback prototype to debut at Geneva! 2016-honda-civic-touring-rear-end

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Hatchback prototype to debut at Geneva! 71160_Civic_Hatchback_Prototype1-e1455116599370-626x381

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, don't expect this to be the actual car we get. I'm sure they won't show the exhaust in the real world model. This is the concept version for a car show.

Expect it to be toned down in production form.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Guys, don't expect this to be the actual car we get. I'm sure they won't show the exhaust in the real world model. This is the concept version for a car show.

Expect it to be toned down in production form.
Word - pretty much the same way the Green coupe was... btw when did we first see the Green coupe unveiled? March of last year? I forget... it would give a good idea how long between 'auto show concept' and 'on dealer lots.'

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
The vortex shedding hinges are consistent with camo`d version.
Maybe the angle of the hatch window and the short rear overhang on the camo`d version come with it.
Indeed, and IMHO a much more elegant implementation than what Mitsubishi employed in the Evolution X.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Now that I think about it, I suspect they deliberately (though subtly) emphasized those telltale center-located exhaust tips -- perhaps a foreshadow of a trim level which previously sported them.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Now that I think about it, I suspect they deliberately (though subtly) emphasized those telltale center-located exhaust tips -- perhaps a foreshadow of a trim level which previously sported them.
Oh they definitely let them show because they wanted to...just like the like to the left of the glass which is the edge of the hatch panel.