Honda Civic 9th Gen (MK IX, VTi) Trunk Rattle from Subwoofer

joemasters

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic VTi 2012
Hi, so I have been searching the internet far and wide about this particular issue, but I can't find anything apart from information on door rattles.

I had my doors soundproofed when I got new speakers for the front of my VTi (yes, the lowest of all of them).

I also installed a very loud subwoofer in a massive TRWC-12 ported box which takes up almost the entire width of the boot space. Along with an 800 watt rms Soundstream T7
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 9th Gen (MK IX, VTi) Trunk Rattle from Subwoofer icon_smile

Anyway, I am quite happy with how it sounds at the moment, except now there is a really irritating rattle coming from the back which you can hear from inside. I took a closer look to see what exactly was rattling, and it looks like the red plastic center piece is causing the issue at loud volumes.

However, on even closer inspection, it looks like the wiring inside it is actually rattling quite hard, and you can still hear it at lower volumes.

I attempted to jam some stuff in there to stop it, but I just can't reach it properly. It looks like I will have to be removing it and either gluing, or putting something behind it to stop it moving around so much. I managed to figure out how to remove some of the trim, but before I go unscrewing a whole bunch of stuff I don't need to, is there any quick fix?

I don't particularly care for how it sounds outside, but it would be nice if you actually felt cool bumping your music without the cheap rattling noises!

If anyone has any tips, please let me know
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 9th Gen (MK IX, VTi) Trunk Rattle from Subwoofer icon_smile
Which screws in particular would be holding it in place, and where the wedges are to remove it would be awesome.

Thank you in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7da05bjuodwb69/cp4807326077724865544.jpg