Honda Civic 2016- Cabin air filter change/replace

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
Dang, where are people living at that they already need to change the cabin filter? Aren't those things good for 3-5 years? Shoot, I've never changed one.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
im at 20k right now here in Arizona. I travel to California. its my default daily driver :crazy:
I guess I could see it if you lived in a dustier area, close to a desert or something.

20k already?...you been doing some drivin'! :drive:

drauma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX (6MT), 03 Civic LX (5MT-gone)
Country flag
I change mine at least every 12 months. Don't live anywhere special. Just do a lot of highway driving. Going to check mine this week. Going in for Schedule B service and want to make sure they don't charge me for stuff I can do myself! lol

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm getting one of those FRAM/breeze ones, and changing mine early now that it is getting warmer. I hate that wet dog smell when the AC is getting used regularly- makes me paranoid I'm gonna get legionnaires disease. The filter I mentioned has activated carbon and baking soda. I'll hang into the stock folder and use it if the next needed change is during a cooler time of year.

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
On my other cars, the Owners manual recommends every 15,000 miles. Since, I have severe allergies, I normally replaced it every year (between 10K-11K miles).

Last edited:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my old Si I replaced that thing every 10k as the Arizona air is horrible to them and you start to get a smell after a while. Just pull that thing out and check it every so often. They are cheap and it's very easy to check and replace.

im at 20k right now here in Arizona. I travel to California. its my default daily driver :crazy:
I don't know how you've gone this long without checking it. Probably filthy.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I replace mine about every 12-15,000 miles. Which is basically once a year for me.

planedoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 6mt, 2015 Highlander V6 AWD, 2017 Accord EX coupe 2.4 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, where are people living at that they already need to change the cabin filter? Aren't those things good for 3-5 years? Shoot, I've never changed one.[/QUOTE

This was my cabin air filter at 9 months, 15,750 miles old. I live in a small rural coastal town. No pollution or industry within hundred miles. Prolly should have changed it at 10,000 miles
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic 2016- Cabin air filter change/replace IMG_5379.JPG

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I changed mine after 15k miles, and it was a shitshow. Looked like an entire carpeted floor had shed into it, I almost have to imagine that there was something left around during the manufacturing process that it sucked up. I take a look occasionally, and several thousand miles later, I don't see any signs of it needing another change. I'll probably do it at 30k anyway, though, as really, it's filthy cheap and easy.
Sponsored