Honda Care extended warranty

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Cancel - the search the forums to find what dealerships sell HondaCare and you can buy a Honda Care online. I always get a printed price quote then negotiate with my dealer. I have never paid over 1100 for a Honda Care and it is great !!
Sponsored

KenBT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Cancel - the search the forums to find what dealerships sell HondaCare and you can buy a Honda Care online. I always get a printed price quote then negotiate with my dealer. I have never paid over 1100 for a Honda Care and it is great !!
***Just remember if you purchase HondaCare- be smart- No Deductible Policy- don't even think about buying a $100.00 Deductible Policy.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
***Just remember if you purchase HondaCare- be smart- No Deductible Policy- don't even think about buying a $100.00 Deductible Policy.
Out of curiosity, why do you say that? Personally, I would get $0 deductible because there might just be a $100 software update and don't want to pay for something that ideally could be done OTA from home. Beyond software, though, chances are that it'll be at least a several hundred dollar fix so having a deductible wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. $125 difference means that $100 deductible should be a better deal if you claim 1 or less incidents. Being a Honda means that zero might be a high probability (although it is a new model).

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
I have Never paid a deductible on any of my Hondas with Honda Care

KenBT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Out of curiosity, why do you say that? Personally, I would get $0 deductible because there might just be a $100 software update and don't want to pay for something that ideally could be done OTA from home. Beyond software, though, chances are that it'll be at least a several hundred dollar fix so having a deductible wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. $125 difference means that $100 deductible should be a better deal if you claim 1 or less incidents. Being a Honda means that zero might be a high probability (although it is a new model).
If a person is going to spend money on a manufacturers extended warranty and they do it the prudent route- shop- the normal difference in a zero and $100 Deductible is usually less than two claims- if not one)- that being said- if by chance the car goes in once or twice for a claim- $200.00 over lets say a D82 policy- you hope nothing else goes wrong.

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L White
I live in Florida. You can't buy extended warranties from out of state. I tried looking up honda care online and it even says it excludes Florida due to it's laws. =(

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Florida. You can't buy extended warranties from out of state. I tried looking up honda care online and it even says it excludes Florida due to it's laws. =(
I live in Jacksonville and ended up getting the warranty thru my dealer for about the same price you were quoted (not exactly sure the final price).

Personally, I didn't mind the price since it was factored in my payments and only changed it about $20 more a month.

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F&I Department is doing you no favors!

$2,000+ for a non Honda Warranty and $100 Deductible to boot- I'd go back to dealership right now and threaten to cancel (which you can- especially if you just signed up recently)- they'll probably counter with a significant price drop (if possible- "0" deductible- $100.00 policies are not preferred).

But- if you must get the warranty- tell em- politely (lol)- screw your Fidelity Warranty (only reason their pushing that over HondaCare at dealership is more commission/kickback) and I want HondaCare "D82" (longest HondaCare contract- I purchased for a client $1015+ fees)- so anything around $1025-$1175 in the dealership is fine- if they say they don't make $ on that specific warranty- their- "lying"!
Yea I plan on canceling regardless if I can find another extended warranty or not. I guess I will try calling dealerships around my house and inquire about their warranties. What does D82 mean?

sumii0626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Jacksonville and ended up getting the warranty thru my dealer for about the same price you were quoted (not exactly sure the final price).

Personally, I didn't mind the price since it was factored in my payments and only changed it about $20 more a month.
If I'm not being ripped off, I don't mind paying 2k and having it spread out monthly due to my financing. But, I see people getting 8 year plans for like 120k mileage and its 1k dollars cheaper =(

I don't know if its normal to be charged this much or not in Florida (plus people are saying don't pay any deductible and my plan says 100).

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have to check my plan, not sure if I have a deductible.

I think that's the going rate for the plan, so I would say it's standard. It's my first time getting an extended warranty so I wasn't aware that it's something that can be negotiated also.

If I'm not being ripped off, I don't mind paying 2k and having it spread out monthly due to my financing. But, I see people getting 8 year plans for like 120k mileage and its 1k dollars cheaper =(

I don't know if its normal to be charged this much or not in Florida (plus people are saying don't pay any deductible and my plan says 100).

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Here's what I'd do. Go to Saccucci (or Hyannis) and get a quote. This has the plan IDs like D82. Then, send an email to them and ask them Florida. There are ways around it.

https://www.saccuccihondacare.com/contact_us.php

If you aren't comfortable with what you have to do, take a printed quote and check out some dealers (like your current one) and see if they will come close.

In terms of why they charged you so much, it's because they can. Dealers are not your friend and will make money anyway they can. Back in 2013, our dealer quoted $2500 for a freaking 60k warranty! Absurd!

KenBT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here's what I'd do. Go to Saccucci (or Hyannis) and get a quote. This has the plan IDs like D82. Then, send an email to them and ask them Florida. There are ways around it.

https://www.saccuccihondacare.com/contact_us.php

If you aren't comfortable with what you have to do, take a printed quote and check out some dealers (like your current one) and see if they will come close.

In terms of why they charged you so much, it's because they can. Dealers are not your friend and will make money anyway they can. Back in 2013, our dealer quoted $2500 for a freaking 60k warranty! Absurd!
Yeah- FL has people by the balls- either at or close to full MSRP- or you can attempt the gray area loop hole and buy HondaCare out of state with anyones out of state address- since Honda doesn't care where you bought the policy- just Florida.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
here is my thing, back in Feb. I bought a 2016 CRV, was going to buy extended warranty (still under 3500 miles, so no issues), then I got the new civic...now I am torn, should I get it for both, or just one...decisions, decisions....my accord was certified used when I bought it and never had one issue...worst thing was brake calipers, which I replaced myself in about 45 minutes.

civicT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I pulled the trigger on the extended warranty yesterday. I went with Hyannis because they were about $80 cheaper than Saccucci. I got the 8 year/100,000 miles for $900. I as about to hit the 6 months/6,000 miles, so I went with it. I hope to have this car for a while and the technology scares me. This policy is one time transferable and if used as a trade in will reimburse for time not used.
Sponsored