Honda Care extended warranty

skullan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX (6MT), formerly a 2006 Hyundai Accent.
Country flag
I picked up the 7 year/200,000km warranty with mine.

The Road Side Assistance itself, as far as I can tell, is closest to CAA Classic, which would be $380 dollars (pre-tax) for the same term.

The second fact, I'm financing. I like having warranty while I'm still paying and considering my mileage, I would wear out my factory warranty in
under 4 years.
Sponsored

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm in the process of canceling the 5 year/60K extended warranty I bought for my lease (just in case, as I have a 15K/year lease and can get the money back prorated if I choose not to buy the car).

I paid $884 for it (the residual of my trade-in's extended service warranty). However, I was referred to Saccuchi Honda (you can buy from any dealership). You can cancel within 60 days. They literally offered the same warranty for $400 - its the legit Honda one.

The dealership I bought my car from is holding my check and they won't return my emails. I'll be calling them tomorrow. I gave them an opportunity to match it, but regardless of what they say, they just lost it by not following up in a timely fashion.

Furious85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I always worry if it is going to be a hassle when the time comes that repairs are needed or if the warranty will actually be worth it and cover the charges.

When looking at the Hyannis website explaining Honda Care I see a lot of "might/maybe/could" cover xyz. These are always written with such vague language.

I know the 2016 is very new, but does anyone have experience yet with trying to use the plan? Also, does this include oil changes or is that a separate plan?
That's what I'm wondering too, I guess you'll have to battle them out. It would be nice if it came with oil changes and tire rotations like Toyota Care that comes with every new vehicle for 2 years.

skullan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda LX (6MT), formerly a 2006 Hyundai Accent.
Country flag
That's what I'm wondering too, I guess you'll have to battle them out. It would be nice if it came with oil changes and tire rotations like Toyota Care that comes with every new vehicle for 2 years.
I think what you're looking for is "Honda Care Sentinel" or "Honda Care Sentinel 3/45".
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it is included in the warranty.

I don't even think Canada (where I am from), gets it.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
I see that both Hyannis and Saccucci are recommended on here. Hyannis is $85 cheaper for me (8/120 $0 deductible $1025 vs. $1110). Any reason not to pick Hyannis over Saccucci?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I see that both Hyannis and Saccucci are recommended on here. Hyannis is $85 cheaper for me (8/120 $0 deductible $1025 vs. $1110). Any reason not to pick Hyannis over Saccucci?
Nope. No reason. It's all the same coverage. I actually found the guy at Saccuchi rather curt when we spoke. Maybe it's just the Midwestern/east coast differences at play but it kinda turned me off. Customer service and courtesy are kinda mutually exclusive to me, irrespective of geographic differences.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Thank you. Does this coverage transfer if I sell or trade in the vehicle?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thank you.
You bet. That's a good deal regardless of where you go.

I didn't realize when I leased the car that the dealership transferred my former vehicles extended service coverage into the down payment. When I found out I overpaid and went to cancel HondaCare, it came to light.

Granted, I also found out the dealership forged my name on the application. I may have agreed and signed off on the lease, but I gave them some hell over that.

t3hub3rk1tten

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mwe.st
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring MSM
No, they're selling the same product.

Edit: ninja'd

jaboop35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Picking up my Civic Touring tonight. We bought a CRV from the dealer 2 weeks ago and they really got us on a 3rd party warranty (similar to Honda Care though). I'm really thinking I'll decline the 3rd party for the Civic and just go with Honda Care. Kinda scares me a bit though since they pushed the 3rd party so hard and we already have another warranty through the dealership, so doubt they'll give me a better offer than we got before. Thoughts?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Get a quote from Saccuchi Hond
Picking up my Civic Touring tonight. We bought a CRV from the dealer 2 weeks ago and they really got us on a 3rd party warranty (similar to Honda Care though). I'm really thinking I'll decline the 3rd party for the Civic and just go with Honda Care. Kinda scares me a bit though since they pushed the 3rd party so hard and we already have another warranty through the dealership, so doubt they'll give me a better offer than we got before. Thoughts?
Get a quote from Hyannis or Saccuchi Honda on their website and see if they'll match it. It's the exact same HondaCare Warranty- it's transferable and all dealerships have to honor it, even if they don't sell it.

I don't trust those third party warranties.

jaboop35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Get a quote from Hyannis or Saccuchi Honda on their website and see if they'll match it. It's the exact same HondaCare Warranty- it's transferable and all dealerships have to honor it, even if they don't sell it.

I don't trust those third party warranties.
Definitely don't seem to be trustworthy. Hoping we will never have to use it on the CRV. Do you think that the dealer is going to be less likely to comply if they try to push this 3rd party warranty so hard? Maybe they don't even sell Honda Care. Is that a possibility too?

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Definitely don't seem to be trustworthy. Hoping we will never have to use it on the CRV. Do you think that the dealer is going to be less likely to comply if they try to push this 3rd party warranty so hard? Maybe they don't even sell Honda Care. Is that a possibility too?
My understanding is that very few dealers don't sell HondaCare.

The simple reality is that if they're not willing it offer it to you or at a price you're okay with, you are 100% able to buy it from those two I mentioned (unless you live in Florida- I guess laws are different there). It's the exact same coverage and you can cancel within sixty days or buy it within 6K of buying the car.

Don't let them bully you- they'll try to sell the third party because the margin is likely higher for them, but if you're not cool with it, don't get any and buy it through the dealerships above that sell it way cheaper :)

jaboop35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is that very few dealers don't sell HondaCare.

The simple reality is that if they're not willing it offer it to you or at a price you're okay with, you are 100% able to buy it from those two I mentioned (unless you live in Florida- I guess laws are different there). It's the exact same coverage and you can cancel within sixty days or buy it within 6K of buying the car.

Don't let them bully you- they'll try to sell the third party because the margin is likely higher for them, but if you're not cool with it, don't get any and buy it through the dealerships above that sell it way cheaper :)
yeah, I have no problem turning down the warranty. My only fear is even bringing up Honda Care if they don't bring it up first. Not sure they will since they hammered us on the 3rd party the first time around. Also is the extra maintenance plan worth it? They also gave us one of those for the CRV, but it was fairly cheap for 3/36000.

TChewy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Cosmic Blue, 2014 Mazda CX-5
yeah, I have no problem turning down the warranty. My only fear is even bringing up Honda Care if they don't bring it up first. Not sure they will since they hammered us on the 3rd party the first time around. Also is the extra maintenance plan worth it? They also gave us one of those for the CRV, but it was fairly cheap for 3/36000.
Are you talking about the oil change stuff? If so, you don't really end up saving too much from it vs just paying each time and it gets financed so you pay interest on that money as well.
Sponsored