First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
Hey everyone,

I just bought a new to me Type R yesterday and it came with the factory carbon mirrors or at least 1 the other was missing in the driver side. How can I take the passenger side one off since it has a crack I’m thinking of buying a new set.

Thanks
Sponsored

Ericks_fk8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Take a look at this video for the mirror cap removal and install, it start at 4:21 so you can skip all that nonsense!

btw if youre looking to get rid of the mirror cap sooner then later,im interested haha someone recently hit my passenger side view mirror and ive been wanting to replace it

OP
OP

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
Take a look at this video for the mirror cap removal and install, it start at 4:21 so you can skip all that nonsense!

btw if youre looking to get rid of the mirror cap sooner then later,im interested haha someone recently hit my passenger side view mirror and ive been wanting to replace it

Thank you for the video. I’ll check it out and see what I can do with the mirror cover. For sure I’ll sell it to you once I get it off.

OP
OP

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
Hey also so on the driver side it looks like I have just a black mirror cap and the carbon one on the passenger side. I almost wonder if it is just a cover or true replacement. I’ll let you know once I get it off

OP
OP

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
Above are my two mirrors. Is the driver side just an unpainted cover or is the carbon mirror just an overlay mirror cover?

Ericks_fk8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
No stress bro! And I really appreciate that, definitely count me in for that cover haha

Hmm, kinda hard to tell, you might need to remove the passenger side cover and see if there’s some kind of seam between the actual cover and the carbon fiber cover. Thats if it isnt a direct replacement to the OEM cover. Definitely keep me posted

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Above are my two mirrors. Is the driver side just an unpainted cover or is the carbon mirror just an overlay mirror cover?
The CF mirror looks like Honda’s mirror, though the other mirror has me suspicious on whether or not it’s actually Honda’s or a counterfeit/fake one. It’s possible that both mirrors were Honda’s accessory CF at one point then one got damaged and replaced with an unpainted one.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
So with the Honda accessory CF mirror covers, it includes black mirror caps. You are supposed to replace whatever color mirror cap with the supplied black. The CF then attaches to the black cap. For whatever reason, the driver side CF cover is missing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda carbon mirrors 20201025_194306

OP
OP

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
So with the Honda accessory CF mirror covers, it includes black mirror caps. You are supposed to replace whatever color mirror cap with the supplied black. The CF then attaches to the black cap. For whatever reason, the driver side CF cover is missing.

20201025_194306.jpg
Awesome and thank you for this information. Do you know or does anyone know if I can just buy 1 carbon cover?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Awesome and thank you for this information. Do you know or does anyone know if I can just buy 1 carbon cover?
You won't be able to purchase just one of the CF covers. You would have to purchase a new set, unfortunately.

OP
OP

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
I got the new carbon mirrors on order and should have them by Wednesday. Once the passenger is off it will be up for sell (Ericks-FK8) if your still interested shoot me an offer plus shipping as you will get first dibs!!!

OP
OP

Josh May

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, CRV, S2000
Country flag
I got the new mirrors today and they look sweet:) super easy install and makes the car look so much better with a matching mirror!!!
Sponsored