Honda Access Dome Light with Honda harness

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
I know several of you did this install, I ordered mine from Rakuten just like the fog lights, the total was $143.89 shipped from Japan to FL. No duties were collected when I picked it up from the post office.

I also wanted to share that there is a way to install this without altering the factory wires.

Sponsored

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I know several of you did this install, I ordered mine from Rakuten just like the fog lights, the total was $143.89 shipped from Japan to FL. No duties were collected when I picked it up from the post office.

I also wanted to share that there is a way to install this without altering the factory wires.

Good Video. Mine just came in today and can't wait to install them!!!

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag

RAR

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 G37xS Coupe; 2013 Civic EX Sedan; 2017 Q50 Red Sport 400; 2017 CTR ABM
Country flag

What’s the part number?

Thanks

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Thanks for the great video!

What would you say the color of those leds are? Close to 5k (true white) or 6k (more blue/hyper white)?

I imagine you could still tap into this light to do the map light hack right? I think that's tapping into the car dome harness, so I'm guessing it wouldn't make a difference.
However, since this appears to be a brighter dome light, you may not need that hack after this install. Would you say that's true?

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T 2012 Nissan Quest 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the great video!

What would you say the color of those leds are? Close to 5k (true white) or 6k (more blue/hyper white)?

I imagine you could still tap into this light to do the map light hack right? I think that's tapping into the car dome harness, so I'm guessing it wouldn't make a difference.
However, since this appears to be a brighter dome light, you may not need that hack after this install. Would you say that's true?
What's the map light hack ?

GenXCTR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What's the map light hack ?
You run a new wire from the map lights to the dome light so your map lights come on when you open your doors.

However, if this new dome light is brighter than the oem one, that might not even be necessary.

I just know my oem dome with an led in it still isn't all that bright when I open my doors. My map lights are really bright though with the same led bulbs in them.

OP
OP
akadic

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
You run a new wire from the map lights to the dome light so your map lights come on when you open your doors.

However, if this new dome light is brighter than the oem one, that might not even be necessary.

I just know my oem dome with an led in it still isn't all that bright when I open my doors. My map lights are really bright though with the same led bulbs in them.
This dome light is significantly brighter than stock or replacing the stock one with an LED bulb

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My map lights already come on when I open the doors. there is a switch up by the sunroof/map light that controls mine.
I guess I don't need to do this mod then.

Is it a cost cutting item they did for the lower trims ?

I'm assuming they didn't do it for the CTR for weight savings (but how much is a few feet of wire gonna weigh)

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
Do you have a link where you ordered them from i can't seem to find them except for this jhpusa and they want 250.00 for the set up

dingeesboy

Stacerino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Google amazon.jp, then look up 08e13-e81-010, some have the harness others you'll have to buy separate. But it's only like $4.
FYI you'll have to probably use a forwarding service like tenso or buyee.
When I get home I can get you links and update later.
Sponsored