Honda Access Black Chrome “CIVIC” Emblem

tv4184

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8, IS300, V8 4Runner, FD RX7
It's funny people say plastic dip looks cheap but if you look at the new TRD pro versions of the toyota trucks, the emblems all just pretty much look like plastidip from the factory.
Sponsored

zelmo

First Name
Romy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2020 Honda Pilot
Country flag
It's funny people say plastic dip looks cheap but if you look at the new TRD pro versions of the toyota trucks, the emblems all just pretty much look like plastidip from the factory.
"Pretty much look like plastidip" is different from plastidip itself.

Case in point: vinyl wrapped cars in matte black color. It looks plastidipped from afar, but it's not plastidipped.

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
So uh ... how does one go about swapping the civic letters? My, uh, friend just bought a set and wants to know how to do the swap. Are the letters just glued on? Is there any kind of template to follow?

My friend thanks you in advance.

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
So uh ... how does one go about swapping the civic letters? My, uh, friend just bought a set and wants to know how to do the swap. Are the letters just glued on? Is there any kind of template to follow?

My friend thanks you in advance.
Your friend huh...

I used masking tape to outline the chrome letters. Used a hair dryer to make the double stick tape more workable. A couple of letters came off mostly clean, while others with residue on the hatch. Used some Goo Gone to remove the residue. Placed the new letters inside the outlined masking tape. Then done.

rey2300

Rey23
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #01928
Country flag
What did you use to put the let
Your friend huh...

I used masking tape to outline the chrome letters. Used a hair dryer to make the double stick tape more workable. A couple of letters came off mostly clean, while others with residue on the hatch. Used some Goo Gone to remove the residue. Placed the new letters inside the outlined masking tape. Then done.
What did you use to put the letters back on? Just some double sided tape? I don't want them flying off haha.

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
What did you use to put the let

What did you use to put the letters back on? Just some double sided tape? I don't want them flying off haha.
The new letters already have double sided tape of the 3M type. If you want to reuse the chrome letters, you will need new tape.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
$5 plastidip....I did my Sport Touring badges last weekend. I used maybe $1.25 worth of the stuff.

20180507_152831.jpg
Do you have a direct shot of the "TOURING" badge? I really wanna black out the emblems on my hatch. I think "CIVIC" and "SPORT" look awesome but I'm trying to figure out what that one will look like, as it's black lettering within a chrome badge...

OMGSIIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 S2000, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Subtle, but I love the look in the right lighting. Honda Access black chrome emblem.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Access Black Chrome “CIVIC” Emblem IMG_20180808_184321

Last edited:

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
Do you have a direct shot of the "TOURING" badge? I really wanna black out the emblems on my hatch. I think "CIVIC" and "SPORT" look awesome but I'm trying to figure out what that one will look like, as it's black lettering within a chrome badge...
I can get one today and upload it here in a bit...

Wxguru

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring x2
Country flag
That actually looks pretty cool, thanks!
I have since cleaned out the P and R in Sport so it looks better. This has been on now for nearly quite a while now...been through about 12 washes and so far it hasn't shown any wear at all.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have since cleaned out the P and R in Sport so it looks better. This has been on now for nearly quite a while now...been through about 12 washes and so far it hasn't shown any wear at all.
That's good to hear. My letters are super soft and wiggly still, I'm probably just gonna pull them off and fully paint/clear coat them before I put them back on. It can be a small project turned into a big one that won't cost very much lol.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the dark chrome CIVIC badge on my ABM and love it. I, too, don't understand why they'd choose one color for one emblem and another for a different one on the same panel. What the heck, Honda.
Sponsored