KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
Do you still have this tune? I downloaded the newest version 3.2.4 and I'm still getting error messages on my car. I clicked the old link and it said the download expired after 100 days
Sponsored

rockyc92

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt
Country flag
OK... yes, the CARB Flashpro is limited but does allow you to adjust the boost and torque limits. So, I played around a bit today with a new custom tune. I upped the boost slightly by 2.5% at 2750rpm and 3000rpm and raised the torque limit there to 255nm. I raised it to 260nm at 3500 rpm. Those differences down low are really small but I wanted to see if it helped. I then upped the boost about 5% from 3500rpm up. I upped the torque limit to 272nm at 4000rpm and above.

I uploaded my new tune creation and drove it. I have to say even though I didn't tweak it much, I noticed a positive difference compared to the base +6. Because of the CVT, I really don't want to push the tune too much. My datalog showed me hitting around 22psi at WOT consistently and peaking as high as 23psi on one pull. That's on 93 octane with 10% ethanol. Compare that to the 20psi or so I get at WOT with the base +6.

I'm going to go with this new "+7.5" setup for a while on my everyday commutes and see how it does and see how it affects mpg too. So far I give it a thumbs up.
How did you raise the boost on CARB. I was only able to play with the torque limit. Thanks

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't used the CARB Flashpro for a long time. When I owned one, the TC Max Pressure table was available for editing. That's where you can adjust boost. I don't know if Hondata still has that open for the CARB or not. If you are able to edit it, be careful. Too much boost can do bad things to your engine.
Sponsored