Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
My 453 didn’t have the compass.

8A6DD47B-40A1-427E-B474-3F52576A2940.jpeg
Interesting, the 453 I bought on eBay had a compass (I returned it because it was defective; then I bought a 313). It was like $40, I think. They also sell one with a red-lettered compass (to match the CTR interior) from a Subarus, but they are like triple the price.

Honda Civic 10th gen Homelink install
Sponsored

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting, the 453 I bought on eBay had a compass (I returned it because it was defective; then I bought a 313). It was like $40, I think. They also sell one with a red-lettered compass (to match the CTR interior) from a Subarus, but they are like triple the price.

p.jpg
Lol looks like we got it from the same guy based on the pic.

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a quick tip if you're thinking about doing a mirror - if you have Honda Sensing, the neck on the mirror won't be long enough to clear the hardware. I had to do the map light version.

Honda Civic 10th gen Homelink install Gj8Gl-10-Qg3ynwMdkI60BAhcowHVxoNWYELg6UosuUeqK_nqvGw2I9ZkycW7cxGAnv32Z-Qxg1b-cljZRw=w708-h944-no

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Just a quick tip if you're thinking about doing a mirror - if you have Honda Sensing, the neck on the mirror won't be long enough to clear the hardware. I had to do the map light version.

Gj8Gl-10-Qg3ynwMdkI60BAhcowHVxoNWYELg6UosuUeqK_nqvGw2I9ZkycW7cxGAnv32Z-Qxg1b-cljZRw=w708-h944-no.jpg
I would love to do the map light method but I'm scared about wiring those pins. You think taking it to the dealer and having to do it is a good idea?

The other idea I was thinking was to wait to buy the homelink mirror from the 2019 civics and having the dealer install that for me if that's possible

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would love to do the map light method but I'm scared about wiring those pins. You think taking it to the dealer and having to do it is a good idea?

The other idea I was thinking was to wait to buy the homelink mirror from the 2019 civics and having the dealer install that for me if that's possible
Yeah, dealer should be able to do it, but get ready to pay out the butt. They'll probably charge you for a new homelink for $300+ and then an install fee on top of that. This is such an easy install that I don't feel it's worth taking to the dealer. All you need are a couple of T-taps and a screwdriver.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, dealer should be able to do it, but get ready to pay out the butt. They'll probably charge you for a new homelink for $300+ and then an install fee on top of that. This is such an easy install that I don't feel it's worth taking to the dealer. All you need are a couple of T-taps and a screwdriver.
If someone made a video showing how to wire it in I wouldn't be as worried. I was looking at the other homelink post, it shows which pins do which but never exactly showed how you wired the Breadboard jumper ribbon cables. If I'm going the dealer route I'm definitely buying a used part off an accord and have them wire it for me no way in hell am I paying $300+ for it

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Can someone actually post pictures....

I’m afraid to attempt it because I don’t know how it looks.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can someone actually post pictures....

I’m afraid to attempt it because I don’t know how it looks.
Of the mirror? Or the overhead homelink buttons? If you're talking about the mirror, it's the new frameless mirror with 3 buttons below it.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Here’s the PN for the carbon colored Homelink
36650-t2a-a11zh.

You have to splice it in which is why I’m passing on it. I have no desire to hack up the car like I did with cars in the past.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here’s the PN for the carbon colored Homelink
36650-t2a-a11zh.

You have to splice it in which is why I’m passing on it. I have no desire to hack up the car like I did with cars in the past.
I think he's talking about the mirror, not the module
Sponsored