Homelink install

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
Did a little diy project so I didn't have to carry around a stupid garage door opener anymore.
IMG_3122.JPG

*the homelink unit pictured below is slightly different than that of the one taken from the 2017 Accord EX-L, but the pin connections are the same, when held in the same orientation as the unit below.*
View attachment 44991
Is there a reason to not use the homelink part out of a 2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatch?

Also, for those that keep the car outside, can it be wire so that the homelink only has power when car is on? I wouldn't want someone to be able to break into my car and hit the homelink button and open my garage.
Sponsored

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a reason to not use the homelink part out of a 2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatch?

Also, for those that keep the car outside, can it be wire so that the homelink only has power when car is on? I wouldn't want someone to be able to break into my car and hit the homelink button and open my garage.
Prob just wire the 12v to a switched source.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Prob just wire the 12v to a switched source.
I would think that the LED up there, is the only switch source in the roof header?

OP
OP
jpmelfi

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag

I honestly was unaware that there was a homelink part for the sport touring hatch. But color might be there reason, the only black homelink panel I was able to locate was from the Accord Coupe.
If I remember correctly, the wires leading to the microphone are only live when the car is on, so instead of tapping into the constant 12v leading to the overhead lights, you would just tap into the 12v leading to the microphone

I would think that the LED up there, is the only switch source in the roof header?
This and the microphone. Problem with the LED, is that it only receives power when the lights are on. It only makes sense to hook that up to the homelink so that the buttons light up and have the ability to dim with the other interior lights.

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
i ordered the homelink do i need to order a wire harness or something i have having a hard time trying to configure how you guys installed it i got the mirror as well but thought it would come with evey thing i needed with the part numbers mention above

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Does someone have a picture of where the wires go? Or did I miss a picture? Wished College Hill Honda still sold the part with the battery thing wired on it.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have one for sale with the plug if anyone is interested. $50 shipped. I ended up getting a mirror instead.

homelink1.jpg

homelink2.jpg
I am interested. I'll send you a PM.

JohnnyG178

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
If anyone is interested, I have the actual graphite part. I bought it new just not a big deal for me anymore so it’s just sitting. 275.00 shipped, yes the graphite one is like 3x the price for some reason. I still paid a bit more.
Honda Civic 10th gen Homelink install image
PM me.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
If anyone is interested, I have the actual graphite part. I bought it new just not a big deal for me anymore so it’s just sitting. 275.00 shipped, yes the graphite one is like 3x the price for some reason. I still paid a bit more.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
PM me.
Question is how would you wire it in? Assuming I'd take it to a shop or dealer? I don't want to work on my car if it has anything to do with wiring.

JohnnyG178

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si

sofaking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #46818// JDM AF Z33
Country flag
thanks for this. ill be doing this on my R over the weekend.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Did the same with mine, same part from Accord!
Really nice feature
Sponsored