CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
Did a little diy project so I didn't have to carry around a stupid garage door opener anymore.

Installation Instructions:

Using the picture below posted by @elvisfan48640, the connections for the CTR are as follows:

From Map light connector:
Red Wire - Pin 5
Black Wire - Pin 2

From red led light:
Gray Wire - Pin 4
Blue Wire - Pin 1

Pin 3 is not used.
Did mine today .. followed the instructions and everything worked great. Took time to paint the unit (it was beige) and used T-Tap for the wiring. The hardest part was programming Homelink for the rolling codes. Thanks jpmelfi.

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Did mine today .. followed the instructions and everything worked great. Took time to paint the unit (it was beige) and used T-Tap for the wiring. The hardest part was programming Homelink for the rolling codes. Thanks jpmelfi.
Hardest part for me is the wiring part. Like jow do you even wire it up for power and functionality?

CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
Hardest part for me is the wiring part. Like jow do you even wire it up for power and functionality?
All the different options you see on the forum are differentiating between the particular Homelink model you have (5-pin vs 7-pin), the wiring avail for you (my Type R only has map lights and console panel ambient light), and what feature you want to wire up (tapping into your car's wiring). Here are the two wiring steps:

1. The minimum setup (will provide power and functionality) is wiring to Pin 2 and Pin 5 (for 5-pin Homelink unit). This step will allow you to use the Homelink. If you tap into the map lights, you will be able to use the Homelink at anytime since the map light is a constant power source.

2. The additional option is wiring to the pin-1 & pin-4, which will allow the Homelink buttons dots (which can be illuminated) to be brightened/dimmed via the console/dash/display lighting dimmer control (usually by turning the trip reset knob).

You have to do option 1 for the Homelink to work. You can choose to do option 2 to make it perfect -- however I believe this additional step is optional. Again, it depends on the exact headliner console you have, and which wiring you choose but jpmelfi instructions is rock-solid for CTR. All the instructions I used were from jpmelfi and from this thread: https://www.civicx.com/threads/oem-homelink-install.4683/. All props goes to them and the great community here :). If you need more help, pm me with the pic of your Homelink unit pin and your headliner console and I can try to provide more info.

Last edited:

CTR198

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, R8 V10 Plus
Country flag
Did a little diy project so I didn't have to carry around a stupid garage door opener anymore.
IMG_3122.JPG

Installation Instructions:

Using the picture below posted by @elvisfan48640, the connections for the CTR are as follows:

Red Wire - Pin 5
Black Wire - Pin 2

From red led light:
Gray Wire - Pin 4
Blue Wire - Pin 1

Pin 3 is not used.

For easy connections without solder:
-Posi-Tap
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MPW54G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
-Jumper cable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RMBC5I0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use 4 Posi-Tap's to tap into the corresponding wires listed above. Strip one end of each of the 4 jumper cables to connect to the other end of the 4 Posi-tap's. Use the unaltered ends of the jumper cables to connect to the corresponding pins listed above.

*the homelink unit pictured below is slightly different than that of the one taken from the 2017 Accord EX-L, but the pin connections are the same, when held in the same orientation as the unit below.*
View attachment 44991

I was able to modify a ebay harness so I wouldn't have having to cut any OEM wires. Basically I had to crimp one end of the jumper cable to the ebay harness. Then jam and secure the other male end of the jumper to the pins as mentioned above (make sure pins are secure and will not touch any other wires). I also can confirm the homelink does still work when you turn off the car but once you lock the car with the keyless remote the homelink is disabled.

male jumper cables:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TZJ0AM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ebay harness:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Honda-Acura-5-Pin-GRAY-Connector-Pigtail-HomeLink-Garage-Door-module/332916575875?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I was able to modify a ebay harness so I wouldn't have having to cut any OEM wires. Basically I had to crimp one end of the jumper cable to the ebay harness. Then jam and secure the other male end of the jumper to the pins as mentioned above (make sure pins are secure and will not touch any other wires). I also can confirm the homelink does still work when you turn off the car but once you lock the car with the keyless remote the homelink is disabled.

male jumper cables:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TZJ0AM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_detailpage_o06_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ebay harness:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Honda-Acura-5-Pin-GRAY-Connector-Pigtail-HomeLink-Garage-Door-module/332916575875?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Great idea. I never thought to have wedged the end into the OEM LED plug. My buttons now light up without splicing any wires.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Thanks for this write up! I hate electrical work but this was easy with your links and write up.

Should’ve done this to my 2017 so easy/ worth it

cholter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisholterracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just making sure, besides all the wiring needed, the only part that i will need from Honda would be this part number:
36650-T2A-A11ZH

Correct?

OP
OP
jpmelfi

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Thank you. I have ordered the jumper wires and taps, i could not find the ebay harness. Still need to figure out which way is the best, and least invasive way to wire this up!

The accord homelink is about $197 now....
I honestly forget what I paid for the homelink. But the wire taps are not that bad honestly. You should be fine with those.

MachoGrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB ST (FK7)
Country flag
Great writeup, saved me a lot of time probing wires from scratch. The donor Homelink I harvested required a small amount of dremel work, but all good, works great!
:thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Homelink install 16205005356270

Last edited:

cholter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the homelink from an accord. Brand new with no cords on it.
my type r has 3 plugs in the headliner.
the phone plug
Left side white plug with red and black wire
Right side plug with blue and grey wire.

I bought the female jumper wires and the taps mentioned above.
I want the homelink lights on with headlights, and it to work as normal.
Does anyone know which wire I tap in to, and then which pin it goes in to?
Honda Civic 10th gen Homelink install 9DC9FA93-3851-4758-8665-558AF11E1DEE
Honda Civic 10th gen Homelink install image

cholter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the homelink from an accord. Brand new with no cords on it.
my type r has 3 plugs in the headliner.
the phone plug
Left side white plug with red and black wire
Right side plug with blue and grey wire.

I bought the female jumper wires and the taps mentioned above.
I want the homelink lights on with headlights, and it to work as normal.
Does anyone know which wire I tap in to, and then which pin it goes in to?
9DC9FA93-3851-4758-8665-558AF11E1DEE.jpeg
image.jpg
Is this correct?

Red Wire - Pin 5
Black Wire - Pin 2

From red led light:
Gray Wire - Pin 4
Blue Wire - Pin 1

Pin 3 is not used.

cholter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Here is my wiring. The color of the jumper wires corresponds to the color in car factory wiring.
Wondering if I just have the pins backwards?

Honda Civic 10th gen Homelink install 85A899EB-B207-4787-B731-76DC3894D258
Sponsored