Home Made Short Ram Intake

Specvspeedfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MS3, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
The problem with the DIY home intakes is that there is far more to intake design than just slapping a air filter on the end of some tubing. When we're designing intakes here at the shop, we're changing pipe ID size and also the height of the MAF pad itself, just to tune the fuel trims while optimizing power output. I haven't even touched on our patented air fusion design to help the tuning process as well. Honestly, you can throw a DIY intake or a cheap Ebay intake in your car and lose significant power or even pop your engine from a lean condition. Sometimes that extra $100 spent is well worth the development time that went into a professionally made intake system.
I know.. I never installed it.. Not sure if you read my other reply; MAF housing was too big for me just to slap it on..... If it was idenitcal to oem then i would try it out (but still verify how it effected trims)

I guess one way to get exact MAF is buy a oem intake box and cut out the housing....

The civic is the family hauler...decided not to modify.. A tune is good enough.
Sponsored

KnuckleUpPunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
AF Dynamics is a very poor copy of the Injen intake and they're current in violation of using one of our patented designs on that intake as well. That will be addressed with them directly though.

That being said, the first function of any intake system is to protect your engine. It doesn't matter how much power any intake makes or how cool it is - if the filter doesn't stop the dirt and protect your engine, then you're wasting your money and slowly destroying your engine.

The filter on that Injen knock-off is a cheap Chinese filter with inferior media. Regardless of price, I'd never trust my engine to something of that poor quality.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I had one on my 15 Si for quite a while and it worked awesome, will probably be getting one for my 17 sport hatchback also but sorry to hear. They have treated me great.

Speedy02

First Name
Javy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 89 Crx, 91 Mr2
I did my own custom short ram with a spectra maf sensor and its a bad idea, because i used a 3inch maf adaptor and couldnt bolt down the sensor. Basically the car felt alot slower and ended up throwing a lean code, so spend the extra money for a legit intake.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just dremel your stock air box and put a filter at the end of it!!!! way better than stock

Honda Civic 10th gen Home Made Short Ram Intake diy intak

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I bought the top portion of the airbox for 25 bucks. Chopped the maf off of it. Took a piece of intake from my old mk4. I had a run rich code come up often, I also had seriously heavy oil dilution.. filter sat down by the tranny.
Honda Civic 10th gen Home Made Short Ram Intake 20180615_210203

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the top portion of the airbox for 25 bucks. Chopped the maf off of it. Took a piece of intake from my old mk4. I had a run rich code come up often, I also had seriously heavy oil dilution.. filter sat down by the tranny.
20180615_210203.jpg
Probably a leak from not installing correctly or needs a tune

Remm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Integra GSR, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2014 Accord LX
Country flag
For mine I Used Carbon fiber as a ram air box and also lower ducting. Velocity stack from air filter. It uses the stock maf sizing. Temps within 10 -15 degrees of ambient temp.

Honda Civic 10th gen Home Made Short Ram Intake 20190122_134503

Honda Civic 10th gen Home Made Short Ram Intake 20190122_031857

Honda Civic 10th gen Home Made Short Ram Intake FB_IMG_1548219886379