Home Made Short Ram Intake

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For mine I Used Carbon fiber as a ram air box and also lower ducting. Velocity stack from air filter. It uses the stock maf sizing. Temps within 10 -15 degrees of ambient temp.

20190122_134503.jpg

20190122_031857.jpg

FB_IMG_1548219886379.jpg
That looks dope. The velocity piping helps alot when your cruising
Sponsored

josephdavidmd

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2017
Country flag
Sharing with you my homemade SRI, converted the intake to a bigger 3" ID, MAF calibrated as well, running for almost 6 months with no issues so far :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Home Made Short Ram Intake 20180903_180257

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sharing with you my homemade SRI, converted the intake to a bigger 3" ID, MAF calibrated as well, running for almost 6 months with no issues so far :)

20180903_180257.jpg
Except for all that HEAT your pulling in lol

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not too bad i guess, haha

20190130_230723.jpg

20190130_230621.jpg
77 degrees Fahrenheit ambient and your at 96.8 is not bad but not the best lol. Normal IAT for short ram is usually higher when sitting in traffic then doing pulls vs CAI sitting in traffic then doing pulls and them dropping under 10 degrees over ambient

josephdavidmd

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 2017
Country flag
77 degrees Fahrenheit ambient and your at 96.8 is not bad but not the best lol. Normal IAT for short ram is usually higher when sitting in traffic then doing pulls vs CAI sitting in traffic then doing pulls and them dropping under 10 degrees over ambient
Can't really do CAI due to the flood situation here, guess I have to stick with this :p

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I posted on page 2 of this thread showing my diy intake in the summer. I completely forgot to check up on this thread to state my findings on having the dash light up every once in a while. It was all the fuel in my oil. The dilution actually caused an issue with ignition in the cylinder and almost blew my shit up, often, when I went back to stock intake (shortly after my initial post here) I got more codes than with the diy intake. I did an oil change after learning of the issue and had it tested. The results were friggin unbelievable but my dealer said it was normal. I've been running my chopped maf/mk4 golf combo all winter with no issues. It is a hot air intake though. I found if you remove the resonator off the stock airbox you get the same temps as my diy setup.
TLDR:I posted earlier, my issues werent because of my diy intake.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I posted on page 2 of this thread showing my diy intake in the summer. I completely forgot to check up on this thread to state my findings on having the dash light up every once in a while. It was all the fuel in my oil. The dilution actually caused an issue with ignition in the cylinder and almost blew my shit up, often, when I went back to stock intake (shortly after my initial post here) I got more codes than with the diy intake. I did an oil change after learning of the issue and had it tested. The results were friggin unbelievable but my dealer said it was normal. I've been running my chopped maf/mk4 golf combo all winter with no issues. It is a hot air intake though. I found if you remove the resonator off the stock airbox you get the same temps as my diy setup.
TLDR:I posted earlier, my issues werent because of my diy intake.
any data logs of your stft and ltft?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
unfortunately i do not. Ionly had ktuner for about a month before that all happened and was not familiar with datalogs let alone the higher stages of tunes available.
Ah, all good.

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I wanna bump this to see if anyone has any DIY heat shield type of thing in. aluminum sheet cut and bent to fit or even a duct from a cut out drivers side fog bezel with some dryer venting up to an air box, like the 27won but ghettofab. ive been looking at making a mishimoto style box with ducting leading to the lower heat shield ( theres all sorts of small circle cut outs down there). Also, how well does fiberglass conduct heatÉ id like to make a ram air as shown in carbon on this thread, but i dont like the price of carbon, and ill have extra fiberglass product left over from a sub box build this year.

Edit to say that im in canada, so intakes are not cheap with an extra 25% and shipping, customs and a tracking number. plus im handy, i like to make shit work.

HatchPanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatckback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wanna bump this to see if anyone has any DIY heat shield type of thing in. aluminum sheet cut and bent to fit or even a duct from a cut out drivers side fog bezel with some dryer venting up to an air box, like the 27won but ghettofab. ive been looking at making a mishimoto style box with ducting leading to the lower heat shield ( theres all sorts of small circle cut outs down there). Also, how well does fiberglass conduct heatÉ id like to make a ram air as shown in carbon on this thread, but i dont like the price of carbon, and ill have extra fiberglass product left over from a sub box build this year.

Edit to say that im in canada, so intakes are not cheap with an extra 25% and shipping, customs and a tracking number. plus im handy, i like to make shit work.
Bump. Would like to see any custom air boxes for these vehicles as well
Sponsored