Holy crap the paint on these cars SUCKS

Vegas Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
1k for a ceramic coating? Nah man, I would do it my self. I did it my self on the last civic I owned and had no issues at all. Strip washed, clay bar, polished, IPA wipe, and then put the ceramic coating on. I used Avalon King ceramic coating and it was super easy to apply and remove. There are many good consumer grade ceramics that you can use. But 1k for someone to do it, it better be a 3 stage paint protection, and a professional ceramic coating like Crystal Serum Ultra.
It includes paint correction and ceramic coating of all paint, glass, and wheels including on top of my clear bra. Everything coated in Gtechniq Ultra. Two day process.

Heck, this shop is cheap compared to other quotes I received.

Last edited:

LesAnanasNeParlentPas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Corolla CE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
shit paint has always been a honda thing. though at least the paint on the 10th gen does not oxidizes by a table lamp like the 8th gens does.

Jmeix

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2020
Country flag
It includes paint correction and ceramic coating of all paint, glass, and wheels including on top of my clear bra. Everything coated in Gtechniq Ultra. Two day process.

Heck, this shop is cheap compared to other quotes I received.
Make sure they top that Gtechniq ultra with Gtechniq EXO. Exo gives it more durability and a longer life.

OP
OP
kaputt

kaputt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Accord 5MT; 2020 Civic Sport Coupe 6MT
Country flag
Since making this post I’ve picked up two rock chips. Both are on the plastic and not metal which is nice, we’ll see how that lasts haha.

To be honest none of the marks are really noticeable unless you get right up next to them.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
Yep, ive got my paint pen ready, ive got little marks around my car that arent really noticeable until you really look for them

Nick20

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Coupe Manual
Country flag
For sure this paint looks thin ? Thanks for the Ceramic Coating advice ? which brand is best ?

Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
CeramicPro with full paint correction was around 1500 cdn for me.
this is realistic, similar pricing for our customers.

at the end of the day tho I’m sure most these scenarios are true but if you don’t wash or take care of your car properly somethings always going to come up with any car or any paint..

we see cars come in with 10 kms on the dash brand new and the paint is shot from one improper dealership wash.

I had a 2012 Honda Fit that I just sold that I had from new and the paint was still mint and better then most exotics we work on.

Proper maintenance is golden no matter what paint we got from Honda

and no ceramic coating will not save you from heavy damage or improper washes etc ..ease of maintenance and appearance yes!

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I can only see that older hondas seem to be devoid of paint. Especially on the roof, hood, and trunk! I have an old Odyssey too and the paint peeled off that pretty badly.

Hoping the wrap and cc help keep the uv down to save my '20 genx!

My black '17 hatch picked up deep scratches from a microfiber cloth! A freaking cloth! Really??!!

Edit: And is a big reason why I didn't bother with the Type R... Same paint job...
Exactly, Microfiber clothes on the black paint is considered MURDAAAA.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Was just curious... all the car communities I have been involved with over the years EVERYONE thinks the paint on the manufacture they damaged is crap.. you can literally type the paint sucks on *auto manufacturer* and find tons of threads just like this one, for every manufacture.
It Sounds like people need to do some research on how auto paint works and reset their expectations on its durability.

Honda Civic 10th gen Holy crap the paint on these cars SUCKS 7A51CB33-5EC0-4C5F-B906-F1A7D7459C07

Last edited:

Car

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
The ac is covered by honda. Its a known issue bring it to a dealer they will fix for free.

The paint looks like you live in a cold weather focused climate. Maybe try ceramic coating like the thread discusses? It’s more a you problem if you let it get that bad without helping the issue
Sponsored