Hollow noise coming from wheels

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Hi everyone

I have a 2016 Civic EX-T (CVT) with 4000km on it

For a couple of weeks now, Ive noticed a weird noise coming from the front wheels. At first I thought it was a bearing because of a pothole. But now im not sure. Its a hollow kind of wind noise. It sounds more like when you blow air over the top of a bottle-that kind of hollow tone. This is the best way to describe it. The noise doesnt vary much with engine speed, maybe just a bit. The noise is present driving straight or turning, doesnt matter. Sometimes no noise at all. Applying the brakes doesnt change anything. I also noticed a very slight vibration at my feet, from the accelerator pedal. No vibration from the steering wheel though. I dont think its wind noise because the car wasnt making that noise before. The noise started after I had my summer wheels/tires installed but thats also around the time I drove into a big pothole. I dont know if its related.

Any clue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check to make sure there isn't anything stuck in the heat shield and the rotor. Otherwise maybe take it to the dealer? Maybe a bad wheel bearing?

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Check to make sure there isn't anything stuck in the heat shield and the rotor. Otherwise maybe take it to the dealer? Maybe a bad wheel bearing?
Would I be able to check just by taking the wheel off?
As for a wheel bearing...id be very surprised
I know what a bad bearing sounds like
This is not it
Then again im not an expert
Maybe a bearing can make different sounds i dont know

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I think I know the exact same sound you're hearing. I experience it too, but on a couple of extremely specific stretches of highway. One of them an off ramp near my brother's place. I hear it every time i drive on these patches. This leads me to think it's a very specific kind of tire roar on certain pavements in which case, don't worry about it.

That said -- obviously I haven't heard exactly what sound you're hearing, so if it's becoming more frequent and concerning, have it checked out.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think I know the exact same sound you're hearing. I experience it too, but on a couple of extremely specific stretches of highway. One of them an off ramp near my brother's place. I hear it every time i drive on these patches. This leads me to think it's a very specific kind of tire roar on certain pavements in which case, don't worry about it.

That said -- obviously I haven't heard exactly what sound you're hearing, so if it's becoming more frequent and concerning, have it checked out.
what bothers me is that its doing it all the time
no matter what kind of pavement im on
Maybe a bad tire...

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
what bothers me is that its doing it all the time
no matter what kind of pavement im on
Maybe a bad tire...
Ok, probably not what I have then. Yeah it could be a bad tire I suppose.

OP
OP
Oliseles

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Today I also felt a slight vibration at my feet
Mostly the accelerator pedal and the car floor
So weird

IaAsk

First Name
Bengt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus hb
Country flag
This is not the tires , but i will be better if the tires are softer but the problem is vibration from the ground that leeds up by the suspension into the cabin. This is very common problem in cars today. Test drive hyundai i30 this is the worst of all i think..i really dont know why but i had a eu accord type s with exact the same sound, when i lowerd it wit h&r springs the sound was completely gone. So i think it something with pressure by the springs. If i brake relativy hard the sound dissaper . So it must be somthing like that.

Pja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SR
Country flag
Oliseles, did you ever find out what caused the hollow noise?

Pja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SR
Country flag
Hi everyone

I have a 2016 Civic EX-T (CVT) with 4000km on it

For a couple of weeks now, Ive noticed a weird noise coming from the front wheels. At first I thought it was a bearing because of a pothole. But now im not sure. Its a hollow kind of wind noise. It sounds more like when you blow air over the top of a bottle-that kind of hollow tone. This is the best way to describe it. The noise doesnt vary much with engine speed, maybe just a bit. The noise is present driving straight or turning, doesnt matter. Sometimes no noise at all. Applying the brakes doesnt change anything. I also noticed a very slight vibration at my feet, from the accelerator pedal. No vibration from the steering wheel though. I dont think its wind noise because the car wasnt making that noise before. The noise started after I had my summer wheels/tires installed but thats also around the time I drove into a big pothole. I dont know if its related.

Any clue?
Did you ever find out where the hollow noise was coming from?
Sponsored