Hold Voice Button To Access Google Problem

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
Since the Android Auto 2.0 update I've noticed the hold volume for a few seconds to access google seems to be somewhat intermittent. What's happening is that sometimes when I press and hold it it just goes to the Honda voice assistant instead of google (like when you short press). It shows the honda icon on the dash and not the android auto voice icon on the screen. It then locks up for a few seconds and AA gets messed up.

It seems to work correctly the first time after connecting but then it gets intermittent on subsequent attempts.

Anyone else noticing this? Any ideas?

(I've been off the forum for a bit so I apologize if this has already been talked about but I couldn't find it in a search).

Also, I've found a workaround where if you short press to access honda voice and then long press after that it seems to work as intended. Not ideal.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
Also, I've found a workaround where if you short press to access honda voice and then long press after that it seems to work as intended. Not ideal.
That is the way it's intended to be used, as described in the Owner's Manual. In related news, AA is rolling out the ability to use the "OK Google" hotword while using AA. Mine started working today. :D

OP
OP

reheat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Country flag
Previously all you had to do was long press the voice button to access google and not first get to the honda side of things and then google. Perhaps I'm not explaining it well. The workaround I'm talking about involves an extra step you didn't have to do before.

What has been happening since the update is a long press doesn't go to google voice but intermittently locks up AA with the Honda voice icon. The "I didn't hear you voice" eventually plays but is cut off as the system returns to normal. This happens every second or third try for me. I rebooted the head unit. I'll try reinstalling AA next.

The ok google function is great. Plus some new commands such as "avoid tolls" which are pretty useful.
Sponsored