Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
I have a black 2018 civic si Coupe and just notice that a 2020 si sedan and coupe go for close to 30k My car used goes for close to 20k with 77k miles on it... mine has 67k bought new. and dont wanna part with it . but im glad to see these Si are holding its value.. could it be that the new 11 gen look iffy? I think when they go down in value will be when electric cars take over completely.. I think the 10 gen will become like the s2000 ..
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Si do hold value pretty well, and being between model cycles (only way to get an Si is to buy used) probably helps. That said, used car prices are completely skewed right now due to global supply shortages. Up something like 30% year-over-year. So you can’t take the current market as an indicator of much beyond current conditions.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
Even before COVID Si's were great for resale value. Early last year even a clean 2015 was $16-17k. Now things are insane, the trade in on my 2020 is higher than I paid for it in January new.

Manatee Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si; Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Country flag
I have no intentions of getting rid of my Si unless it's for a 2020 in the color of my choice, but for now, i'm content with my dirt/dust/pollen magnet CBP sedan. :banghead:
Thanks for sharing that tidbit about your current car's color and the inherent limitations of a black car. A local dealer has a CBP CTR that just came in and I had toyed with the thought of trying out my second only black car. However, I came to my senses after seeing your post and realized that black is a commitment as well as a color.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Thanks for sharing that tidbit about your current car's color and the inherent limitations of a black car. A local dealer has a CBP CTR that just came in and I had toyed with the thought of trying out my second only black car. However, I came to my senses after seeing your post and realized that black is a commitment as well as a color.
It's definitely not for the faint of heart and one of the most unforgiving colors of them all, but if you keep yours garaged, then it shouldn't be too bad of an experience.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I don’t mean to shatter any dreams here - but there is no chance the 10th Si will model the S2000 in values.

That being said they are resisting depreciation quite well.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
with the 2020 coupes being the last coupes for now. I suspect these will hold their value a bit longer than the sedans will. but yes Covid pricing is insane on everything right now, i suspect at least another year till things start to get back to normal - a good time to sell a car you dont need if you have a spare though.

JJB0628

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T w Sensing
Country flag
A couple weeks ago, I went car shopping with my daughter looking to replace her 2016 EX-T with 42k miles. I paid $23.5k for it OTD 5 years ago, with 10% off MSRP at that time. Honda dealers offered me $12.5-$15k for it on trade, but Carmax offered $17.2k. I was ready to jump on the Carmax offer, but as luck would have it, my daughter was broadsided the next day - fortunately she and the other driver were fine, but the Civic was totaled (over $13k to repair). I was thinking I was lucky to have the Carmax offer in hand to negotiate the value with our insurance company, but was shocked (to put it mildly) when they came back with a replacement value of $22.4k based on NADA "clean retail" value of $20.5k + 7% sales tax and reg. fees - after our $1k deductible, I netted $21.4k...unbelievable!

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
I have a black 2018 civic si Coupe and just notice that a 2020 si sedan and coupe go for close to 30k My car used goes for close to 20k with 77k miles on it... mine has 67k bought new. and dont wanna part with it . but im glad to see these Si are holding its value.. could it be that the new 11 gen look iffy? I think when they go down in value will be when electric cars take over completely.. I think the 10 gen will become like the s2000 ..
Your mistaking ‘holding value’ with temporary pandemic stock demand.

as things level out and new si/11th gens arrive it will plummet

if you can sell now and not need a car for a while or have a second to use
Do it now

but its like the housing market u can sell and make $$ but you’ll be using that $$ for the inflated home you buy

Be smart

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Something to consider....yes the Si is up in value, but so are new cars so if one is considering trading it in for a new car, it's probably not worth it because you'll pay more for a new car anyway. But, if your car is an extra toy in the garage that you're willing to part with, now be the time.

KingOfBrussels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si sedan
Country flag
Your mistaking ‘holding value’ with temporary pandemic stock demand.

as things level out and new si/11th gens arrive it will plummet
The first part of this is spot-on. This temporary situation is going to be with us for a while though. Manufacturers are saying they don't expect to get back up to something resembling normal production capacity until at least the beginning of 2022. And it'll take a while longer after that for this overall shortage of cars to peter out.

The second part, I suppose that depends on how exactly we define "plummet" here. I'm sure values will drop back down but Honda has great resale value and the Si is better than most Honda models. Even when the 11th gen arrives, used Si prices should stay healthy, but not at their current wacky peak.
Sponsored