Ho lee Spit ok who is this on the forums?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
How do they get it down? And what sort of additional damage did that cause?
Pretty sure it depends on how much more damage they are willing to incur and how much time and expense they are willing to incur. There are all sorts of various wreckers and lifts that can just pick up the car and move it out. I don't know specifically, but you can check out the show 'Heavy Rescue: 401' for some ideas.
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Dudes just a troll. Go through the history to see. Brags about degrees and calls people mentally challenged. Just ignore him.
Agreed. And others who agree should consider reporting him and his behavior. I may be new here, but I don't think this is the type of person who should be welcome here.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Man, feel so bad for the owner of that CTR. Heart breaking. Routine maintenance gone bad unfortunately.

I wasn’t there but but of course I have an opinion as other do, and it’s just an opinion but it looks like the lift didn’t fail but the left side pad was not placed on the proper jacking point. In the below pic you can see the driver side side skirt on the front was ripped up. That would only happen if that leg wasn’t properly position, like it was either not on the Jack point or it was partially on the jack point then slipped off the jack point then the weight of the car caused the pad on the leg grab the side skirt, not being able to hold the weight of the car and then the car nose dived to the left front. Again, just my observation.

Again, just my two cents assuming that lift is like the lift I used to use.

Regardless or what happened, as others have said glad no one got hurt. Still stinks but what can you do now.

At an earlier job there were tandem lifts and I was in front and the oil change guy was on the lift behind me and he had a car up in the air. He started yelling my name and I looked and the car was nosediving with the car off the rear legs about 8”. He positioned the car too far forward. Stuff happens unfortunately.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ho lee Spit ok who is this on the forums? 7205475E-3202-4D5D-88E2-A10A2A0D7EF7

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That hurts me just to look at that pic, and it isn't even mine. Hope it gets resolved and the car is back on the road or replaced, whichever makes sense. it doesn't look that bad cosmetically, but the chassis could have sustained major damage so it needs a full x-ray inspection.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
This situation reminds me of this video:

Honda Civic 10th gen Ho lee Spit ok who is this on the forums? honda-2000-wrecked

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
What's probably going to happen is the shop's insurance will pay him out for the car's bluebook value and they won't pay for any add-ons he installed.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
What's probably going to happen is the shop's insurance will pay him out for the car's bluebook value and they won't pay for any add-ons he installed.
That is where they will start. But you never have to accept an offer.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another fine example of, Do it YOURSELF!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
That is where they will start. But you never have to accept an offer.
You do have to accept an offer at some point if you don't have all the time in the world to kill going back and forth with the insurance company.

marcfrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
That hurts me just to look at that pic, and it isn't even mine. Hope it gets resolved and the car is back on the road or replaced, whichever makes sense. it doesn't look that bad cosmetically, but the chassis could have sustained major damage so it needs a full x-ray inspection.
X-Ray inspection??

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
You do have to accept an offer at some point if you don't have all the time in the world to kill going back and forth with the insurance company.
Absolutely. My point, poorly made, was that it is a negotiation, not the sale price of a gallon of milk at the store :)
Sponsored