SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
It’s been a work in progress. As of a few days ago, I finally completed my “thermal management” build. Since Day 1, I focused on keeping things nice and cool. I also wanted to improve the sound of the exhaust and air intake adding more character and emotion to the car. This is the way I went about it. I respect all builds, but I had to go about things my way.

Thermal Management: I got rid of the stock grille with a Seibon Carbon grille that opened things up. I love the mesh look. I gold heat wrapped just about every pipe. I also put on a turbo blanket and changed the heat shields to black ceramic. It’s always hot when you open the bonnet but I’ll take that over power loss.

HKS Set: Intercooler, Cold Air Intake, Blow-Off Valve SQIV, and an L-Spec exhaust. I was pleased when I learned that the L-Spec exhaust was lighter than stock. The sound is perfect. Everything is working like a charm. Here’s a couple before and after pics.

The video here is the truth. Empty road, downshifting and a couple red line pulls.

I believe in HKS obviously. Is it a fully tuned build? The answer is no. Is it perfectly balanced? YES! I am in love with it!

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS x FK8 Civic ( Full Set ) 25D59609-BE54-42C2-9E4B-2BCB218604DE

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS x FK8 Civic ( Full Set ) 90AF9542-94BD-418A-9ADA-33B732E473A4

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS x FK8 Civic ( Full Set ) 1862F093-BE58-4A7C-A25A-B3F8ABED82BC

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS x FK8 Civic ( Full Set ) 5C2DB3D1-1F8C-4F38-9C1D-8955D149A53E

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS x FK8 Civic ( Full Set ) C27EFC0F-ACBC-4E08-827D-6184AAD8FD28

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS x FK8 Civic ( Full Set ) 8F4E9B65-93AB-4834-8A97-5A2BA66C6072

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
What are your IATs like with the HKS intake? Haven’t seen anyone run the full intake kit yet. What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
SpinRush

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
What are your IATs like with the HKS intake? Haven’t seen anyone run the full intake kit yet. What are your thoughts?
I’m not sure of the Internal Air Temperatures yet. I’m going to need a sensor for that. That cold air intake is really new to the market.

Right now, my trust is in the fact that the whole system is connected and working with the AFR sensor from HKS. No hiccups, no false readings, no CELS, just smooth go ahead and floor me power. I will look into gauges for the FK8 later.

Sorry if I couldn’t answer your question at this point. The system has been in place only a few days now.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
does the sibon grill use the stock sized honda emblem or the smaller fk2 one

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I’m not sure of the Internal Air Temperatures yet. I’m going to need a sensor for that. That cold air intake is really new to the market.

Right now, my trust is in the fact that the whole system is connected and working with the AFR sensor from HKS. No hiccups, no false readings, no CELS, just smooth go ahead and floor me power. I will look into gauges for the FK8 later.

Sorry if I couldn’t answer your question at this point. The system has been in place only a few days now.
the car comes equipped with an IAT sensor. Two of them actually. You can get something to read them via OBDII.

OP
OP
SpinRush

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
does the sibon grill use the stock sized honda emblem or the smaller fk2 one
It uses only the FK8 stock size emblem, that I purchased from the dealer BECAUSE....you will have a bad day trying to swap from the old grille to the new grille. That’s guaranteed info. It’s much easier to attach a new one to the Seibon grille.

P.S: Seibon’s grille fitment is far from JDM standards. It will go on your FK8 but there will be gaps.

OP
OP
SpinRush

SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
the car comes equipped with an IAT sensor. Two of them actually. You can get something to read them via OBDII.
Okay, I’ll get an OBDII reader as soon as I can. Any recommendations?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice build!! Any issues with the intake or BOV? I've gone down the rabbit hole a bit and found a ton of people having issues with the BOV because the ECU can't recognize that it's there. How has the intake been running? Do you have the AFR module?

I have the HKS legamax and I've been using HKS in all of my builds since 2001. Naturally I want to go all in on HKS products for my build, but I'm trying to do my homework here a bit. Thanks in advance!!

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
yes im also curious about the HKS intake. im pretty sure i remember reading a few instances where a CEL light was thrown because of it. thats the only reason i dont have one right now. already got the spec L exhaust and i love it.
Sponsored