HKS SQIV BOV

Patrick Bateman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 FK8, ‘19 XC60 R-Design, ‘17 ZL1, ‘02 SS
Country flag
Funny, I didn’t mention you at all. Why are you speaking up?

All I did I the above post was tell that man my truth. Had my car setup at HKS technical factory. They worked directly with the people at Honda.

I spoke with the R & D tech who helped designed the car in Tokyo. Now the question is simple. Do I believe first hand information about the HKS BOV or do I believe your boys that you may or may not know personally?

Stop spreading fear and give the man firsthand factual information. I just had my annual check. ALL CLEAR buddy.

You are only right about one thing. Nobody needs a BOV. If you want it make sure you get all components and do it right. But don’t start spreading claims that his car will blow up like an episode of Wacky Races. Delete your post or I will share with some people who might feel defamed by your comments.
Honda Civic 10th gen HKS SQIV BOV AFB06A0B-14C8-4D1E-98C5-CF82255B68A7
Sponsored

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
hmm but isn't the Boomba a fully recirculating bypass valve?

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
oh yeah i mean i'm just saying some people were talking about a boomba BOV so that confused me...cuz i thought they ONLY sold the fully recirc BPV which shouldn't cause issues... i still find it interesting that some people on facebook groups etc. find that running rich due to this bov will not harm the car..well sure i guess but in the long term i feel like it would.. but maybe i'm thinking too hard....either way i still think if people do go VTA going SD is the correct way...

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
oh yeah i mean i'm just saying some people were talking about a boomba BOV so that confused me...cuz i thought they ONLY sold the fully recirc BPV which shouldn't cause issues... i still find it interesting that some people on facebook groups etc. find that running rich due to this bov will not harm the car..well sure i guess but in the long term i feel like it would.. but maybe i'm thinking too hard....either way i still think if people do go VTA going SD is the correct way...
Gurantee whenever they let off throttle their AFR nosedives. Funny no one seems keen to sharing a data log running one tuned off MAF
No idea what prolonged use of soaking your cylinder walls with improperly mixed fuel will do.

Last edited:

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lots of miss information around here. Smh ‍♂

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just stick to what I know about physics and engines. You're letting out measured air on an ECU where nearly every table is based on the physical amount of air that is supposed to be in the cylinder (air charge). One way or the other, that's not the most ideal scenario possible but if you wanna make that tradeoff for sound you are more than welcome and it will likely cause zero real problems.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am doing water meth injector this month and thinking getting this arguable hks ssq4 blow off thing done same time and get the car retune..
Anyone that has this blow off that can share some logging data proving car wouldnt run rich??

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
still wishing i was able to see logs :(
i understand why you can't share it though.
Yeah it sucks. Not sure you saw in other posts but I'm moving to Colorado Springs....1700 mile drive lol. If anything is bad I'd think that long distance and constant driving would show something (obviously I won't be shifting like maf the whooooole time)

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
still wishing i was able to see logs :(
i understand why you can't share it though.
Oh and I've thought of taking it off just so I can hear my hks intake...I like a deeper woosh sound, but I'll try hks insert replacement to see if it does what it says...provide a deeper tone for bov

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bringing this back from the dead. So the HKS bov I'm using is used...just FYI. The previous owner had a 2018 CTR and had issues with it stalling the car.

Mine is a 2017 and zero issues still. I initially got this partially to try it out and see if I would have issues...ended up, I don't have issues and grew to be addicted to the sound (especially with the different insert for deeper "woosh" sound)

I'm chatting with a guy on instagram that is trying to figure out what is wrong with his...as he has issues...he has a 2018. I noticed my EVAP (not sure that's what it's called...that sensor in the back of the engine with the boost tubes going in and out of it)...is different than most people that have 2018+.

Not sure if that's why I'm not having issues (meaning, did HKS only test this on 2017 with that sensor and it worked and called it a day). I've attached a pic...and that heat shrink tape is standard issue from Honda lol (there's another thread why they made it like this...long story).

Anyway, just an update, I know some of you hate me for running it and think I'm a nut, lol...well, I probably am a nut, but I'm still running fine, logs and all. (since April 2020)

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS SQIV BOV InkedIMG_1753_LI
Sponsored

Last edited: