Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Thank you for the link and the very detailed write ups!. Looks like the turned out to be a lot of work. You are a very patentee man.

Im also finding out how long some of these mods are taking as I work on a few of them myself in my brothers shop this winter (USR oil cooler, Mishi IC, turbo blanket, inlet turbo blanket, custom second oil cooler, J's grill, etc). Quickly finding out there is not a lot of space in the front end of this car to work in. I feel your pain - lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen HKS oil cooler DIY photo tutorial 21A5463D-5689-468E-8C8E-4B46E3886328

Your very welcome metal_driver. Always nice to see others working and improving their cars. It does take a bit of time, but that’s often the case to do it right.

This has been my MVP of tools so far. If able to grab one I highly recommend it. It’s the Williams Palmster ratchet. So good in tight spaces.

Sadly it’s been discontinued so it’s something of a collector’s item. Snap-on made a version of it also and I believe it also is no longer available new. Both pop up for sale from time to time.

Tempted to pick up a 2nd one, in case anything ever happened to this one, heh.

OP
OP
fatherpain

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good stuff man. It’s a great kit. Just takes patience to pull it off. I’m sure your install will go much quicker and smoother than mine ;)

The post on my journal complements HKS’ online instructions and I tried to include their part numbers to avoid confusion.

Didn’t include assembly of the air ducts to core as that is straightforward.

Please be sure to read until the end, as some solutions were added to problems encountered earlier. Was updating as I was going along. It would have been more concise if it was written after the install was completed first.

Will you be keeping the ducting raw SST or will you paint or powdercoat?

I'm going to be installing my HKS oil cooler soon and I appreciate your write up!

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
Good stuff man. It’s a great kit. Just takes patience to pull it off. I’m sure your install will go much quicker and smoother than mine ;)

The post on my journal complements HKS’ online instructions and I tried to include their part numbers to avoid confusion.

Didn’t include assembly of the air ducts to core as that is straightforward.

Please be sure to read until the end, as some solutions were added to problems encountered earlier. Was updating as I was going along. It would have been more concise if it was written after the install was completed first.

Will you be keeping the ducting raw SST or will you paint or powdercoat?
Yeah, I plan on going over everything twice before starting the install. I'm going to keep the ducting the raw stainless.
Sponsored