Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on a HKS Legamax exhaust. Since the R is my daily family car and today I’m running a PRL SPORT CAT + PRL frontpipe Im worried that the Legamax will make the exhaust too loud. Was planning on buying 2 pcs of silencer inserts so that in worst case I could install them. For all you current owners of the HKS Legamax, what is the inner diameter of the tips on the exhaust? I would be very grateful if you could meassure it ;)
See picture below red marking for clarification:

Honda Civic 10th gen HKS Legamax inner tip diameter? cat=106&_nc_ohc=mIgj7OCLiXQAQmNddqT5hFJlvcbKZeBvu_3WUBwfRKSqF6pfOu8nzvJiw&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1

These are the type of inserts I’m talking about:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...402348?hash=item33fdfac5ac:g:~0kAAOSwHOZcKPZe
Sponsored

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you’re are catted I wouldn’t worry about being too loud. If anything it’s a very quiet exhaust

OP
OP
wassen

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope so too :)
Just don’t wanna end up deaf after a 3h drive :confused1:
No HKS users here ?

bbdave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I hope so too :)
Just don’t wanna end up deaf after a 3h drive :confused1:
No HKS users here ?
Running the spec L and I have a friend who has the legamax. I’ve rode with him before. You will have no issues unless you go catless

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a catless setup on my HKS exhaust and it is very tame to say the least.
So I'm thinking I didn't bolt down the front pipe to the Legamax well...because my Legamax is loud as hell with my catless downpipe and new front pipe

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just pulled the trigger on a HKS Legamax exhaust. Since the R is my daily family car and today I’m running a PRL SPORT CAT + PRL frontpipe Im worried that the Legamax will make the exhaust too loud. Was planning on buying 2 pcs of silencer inserts so that in worst case I could install them. For all you current owners of the HKS Legamax, what is the inner diameter of the tips on the exhaust? I would be very grateful if you could meassure it ;)
See picture below red marking for clarification:

cat=106&_nc_ohc=mIgj7OCLiXQAQmNddqT5hFJlvcbKZeBvu_3WUBwfRKSqF6pfOu8nzvJiw&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.jpg

These are the type of inserts I’m talking about:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...402348?hash=item33fdfac5ac:g:~0kAAOSwHOZcKPZe
3.75 inch inner diameter

CnoEVO

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2021 Cadillac Escalade
Country flag
Thanks Mike!
Did the Legamax make it unbearably loud to you? I’m ordering one as well with a front pipe and stock cat. I was wondering if the front pipe was going to make it a lot louder?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I might put my factory exhaust on lol...this legamax is insanely loud with catless downpipe. It's worse in the colder mornings.

OP
OP
wassen

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what you ended up with...but found this...however, you'd need to drill holes :(
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HKS-3306-R...sert-Silencer-94mm-3-75-Genuine-/162512817418
Ah, nice. Didnt know that HKS made their own silencers. Havent bought yet so I think I will try this hks, but only with one drill hole for the bolt (saw they hade more available with only one bolt and I don’t mind drilling one hole). Agree with Jason, put on oem downpipe or buy a PRL race cat.
Sponsored